PDA

View Full Version : Getting my last shot tuesday

davidpizzica
05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
PTers. My last shot is Tuesday. I'm starting to get a little nevous:confused: I don't think that the shots are effective. Support?

Karen
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Paul would advocate screaming and crying when the person comes in to the room to give you the shot - he swears it scares them off.

Miss Hoppy would recommend biting whatever medical (or in her case veterinary) professionals approach. (They don't believe me when I tell them she doesn't bite anyone else!)

I will keep you in my thoughts, and tell you it'll be okay.

slick
05-16-2004, 05:46 PM
I hate getting shots too David so take comfort in knowing that you are not alone.

As my hippie friend would say.....

"close your eyes and go to your quiet place"

trayi52
05-16-2004, 05:51 PM
David, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this last shot will work for. Good luck, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us updated, let us know how everything goes. Do like Slick said, close your eyes and go to your happy place.

Willie

davidpizzica
05-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
David, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this last shot will work for. Good luck, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us updated, let us know how everything goes. Do like Slick said, close your eyes and go to your happy place.

Willie My "quiet place" is with PT! Even if I am laid up, my fingers can still use the keyboard!!

NoahsMommy
05-17-2004, 01:50 AM
The shots aren't working at all? Is there another treatment option for you?

Good luck on Tuesday. Let us know how it goes. :)

P.S. Have you tried Vioxx? Does it work at all for you?

davidpizzica
05-17-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
The shots aren't working at all? Is there another treatment option for you?

Good luck on Tuesday. Let us know how it goes. :)

P.S. Have you tried Vioxx? Does it work at all for you? I appreciate the suggestion, but there is too much arthritis in my knee. The shots that i've been taking were supposed to relubricate it, but haven't done much.

Kfamr
05-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Good luck and well wishes are being sent your way, David!

NoahsMommy
05-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by david p
I appreciate the suggestion, but there is too much arthritis in my knee. The shots that i've been taking were supposed to relubricate it, but haven't done much.
I'm sorry, David. :(

I hope your doctor can figure out something for you.

Albea
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
I can understand your frustration so well, David. It's no fun to live with arthritis. I hope the next shot works out for you.
If you're interested, check this Web site:http://www.featherspring.com for the Featherspring/Luxis International Corporation. I recently bought a knee brace from them, developed by a football coach, that is helping my knee much more than the rubber sleeve the orthopedic surgeon gave me. It's under $20.00 and washable.
Good luck!

davidpizzica
05-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Albea
I can understand your frustration so well, David. It's no fun to live with arthritis. I hope the next shot works out for you.
If you're interested, check this Web site:http://www.featherspring.com for the Featherspring/Luxis International Corporation. I recently bought a knee brace from them, developed by a football coach, that is helping my knee much more than the rubber sleeve the orthopedic surgeon gave me. It's under $20.00 and washable.
Good luck! Thanks for the suggestion. It really is frustrating. I haven't locked my left knee back in a year and a half. I'm suer hoping too!!:confused: