PDA

View Full Version : I need advice fast...

moosmom
05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
A while back, when I was trying to trap LilEli, after he fell out my window, a white and black feral cat kept going into the trap.

Well, I went to CVS and noticed a white and black cat laying on the side of the road in the grass. I want SO bad to go get him and give him a proper burial, in the back yard. I'm afraid that some neighborhood critter will make dinner out of him. Actually I don't even know if he's dead.

What should I do?? I feel bad that someone hit him and left him for dead.

QueenScoopalot
05-16-2004, 04:38 PM
I think just to ease your questions of "is the cat even dead" you may want to go back and check. If you do bury the poor cat you really have to dig down close to three feet. Is there a local ACO that can pick the cat up? I've picked up ones around here as our ACO is a good for nothing one. The local vets take care of burial for the cats. So sad, but I'd go make sure the cat isn't injured first. :( :( Bring a large trash bag with you (I know the cat isn't trash, but a box is too awful to try burying if that's what you'll do. Awful seeing that huh? *sigh* Jan

moosmom
05-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Jan,

After I posted this thread, I went across the street with a towel and got him. Rig had set in and he was cold, so there is no question he has passed. One of the neighbors said he had been there for at least 3 days (that's strange cuz this was the first I had seen him) and he was glad I was picking him up. I asked my downstairs neighbor for a trash bag. I told him what happened. Keep in mind, this guy is a drunk who is ALWAYS hitting on me. He told me to put him in the trash and the garbage man would take him on Thursday!! :mad: :mad: "It's only a cat!!" he said. :mad: I grabbed a shovel and was going to bury him in a small spot and he yelled at me "Don't bury him there! I'm gonna plant flowers there!!" As if he KNOWS what a freakin flower IS!!! His next line was, "Hey, ya got a boyfriend???" AS IF!!!! I told him yes, that he was a cop on the Wyandotte Police Department. That shut him up real fast. Jerk!! :mad:

So, I took "kitty", towel, plastic bag and all, and he is now in my garbage can TEMPORARILY!!! I called the ACO in town and they said they'd come get him tomorrow at 8:30 a.m.. I was going to leave him in my hallway, but I'm SURE the smell would be difficult to get rid of.

I feel SO bad for this poor dude. I'd been feeding him since the first night he went into my trap. Somehow I feel that if he hadn't had to cross the street to get food, he'd be alive!! :( :(

I am now sipping a Rum and Coke. RIP sweet Dude. I loved you, even if only in passing. Go to the RB knowing that I cared. :(

Kirsten
05-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I think you've got some good advice here already.

I'm sorry you've found that dead kitty. I remember the black & white cat in your trap... :(

Kirsten

Kirsten
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Just saw your reply, and I can't believe what an a**hole of a neighbor you have!!! What an idiot (pardon my language) :o

I'm really sorry you have to deal with all that, and that you cannot even bury the poor guy now. :(

But please don't feel responsible for his death!! I'm sure he appreciated what you did for him, and you were one of the "good people" in his life. Obviously there weren't many... :(

R.I.P. little kitty...

Kirsten

PayItForward
05-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Rest In peace kitty :(

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I remember him too. I'm so sorry that this happened but please don't blame yourself Donna. RIP sweet kitty.:(

slick
05-16-2004, 06:34 PM
RIP little kitty and play happy at the RB. Bless you for showing him love, Donna.

kimlovescats
05-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Thank you for caring enough to honor his remains!;)

QueenScoopalot
05-16-2004, 07:08 PM
Donna, You did what was best for the poor kitty. Don't blame yourself. R.I.P Little Guy :( Great response to your creepy sounding neighbor.

davidpizzica
05-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Jan,

After I posted this thread, I went across the street with a towel and got him. Rig had set in and he was cold, so there is no question he has passed. One of the neighbors said he had been there for at least 3 days (that's strange cuz this was the first I had seen him) and he was glad I was picking him up. I asked my downstairs neighbor for a trash bag. I told him what happened. Keep in mind, this guy is a drunk who is ALWAYS hitting on me. He told me to put him in the trash and the garbage man would take him on Thursday!! :mad: :mad: "It's only a cat!!" he said. :mad: I grabbed a shovel and was going to bury him in a small spot and he yelled at me "Don't bury him there! I'm gonna plant flowers there!!" As if he KNOWS what a freakin flower IS!!! His next line was, "Hey, ya got a boyfriend???" AS IF!!!! I told him yes, that he was a cop on the Wyandotte Police Department. That shut him up real fast. Jerk!! :mad:

So, I took "kitty", towel, plastic bag and all, and he is now in my garbage can TEMPORARILY!!! I called the ACO in town and they said they'd come get him tomorrow at 8:30 a.m.. I was going to leave him in my hallway, but I'm SURE the smell would be difficult to get rid of.

I feel SO bad for this poor dude. I'd been feeding him since the first night he went into my trap. Somehow I feel that if he hadn't had to cross the street to get food, he'd be alive!! :( :(

I am now sipping a Rum and Coke. RIP sweet Dude. I loved you, even if only in passing. Go to the RB knowing that I cared. :( At least Dude had one caring friend in this world, Donna. And it sure wasn't your neighbor! Dude is now playing with my Thai and Freddie over Rainbow Bridge.

victoria
05-17-2004, 06:45 AM
i think you should go see if its hurt and if it is bring it to a n animal shelter GO SAVE THE KITTY:D :) ;)

PayItForward
05-17-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by victoria
i think you should go see if its hurt and if it is bring it to a n animal shelter GO SAVE THE KITTY:D :) ;)
Victoria, you need to read the whole thread before posting.
She did go and see the cat but sadly the cat was dead. Someone is picking the body up for burial today. :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Donna,

Thanks for making sure that his remains were treated with some dignity! He is now at the RB, and will be playing, free of pain, and looking down on you with a grateful expression!

(((HUGS)))

catcrazylady
05-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Donna thank you for caring enough to get him a decent burial. It was hard enough to do what you did but then have to deal with an IDIOT to boot! I'm sorry that happened but I give you high fives for the response!!! Excellent comeback!!

Randi
05-17-2004, 08:14 AM
I'm so sorry you found the kitty dead. :( I'm sure he appreciated that you put food out for him. He had a better life because you cared. :)

Rest in Peace little guy!

catmandu
05-17-2004, 09:04 AM
I would put a board , over the Grave , and I hate to say this , spray him , with something , so that Predators , cant smell potential Food! RIP Litte Cat.

ramanth
05-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Poor Kitty. :( I'm so sorry you had to witness that Donna. *hugs*

jazzcat
05-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Rest in Peace sweet kitty.

Hugs to you Donna.

davidpizzica
05-17-2004, 11:46 AM
To me, the worst words you can say to a cat lover are "It was ONLY a cat" UGH

NoahsMommy
05-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Donna...I wish I could come over and give you a great big hug. :(

You were the best thing in that sweet boy's life. Without you, he'd be hungry and who know what diseases he could have caught eating alternatives to the food you lovingly provided.

leslie flenner
05-17-2004, 08:22 PM
this cat had some good lovin' from you! At least all was not bad in his life! let us know what happens with getting help to take care of his body. His spirit is likely with you, hanging around your porch and grateful for your love and attention. His soul has gone to a happier place (no cars we hope).
Rest in peace little boy.

moosmom
05-17-2004, 10:35 PM
I came home from work tonight (after calling the police department TWICE to come get Sweet Dude) and he is STILL in my trash can!!! :mad: :mad: I'm off for the next 3 days. I'm going to call the Animal Control Officer and see if I can get someone to listen to me! I hate it that I had to put him there, but had no choice.

leslie flenner
05-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Animal control don't do crap. I was just complaining to jan the other day that i am sick of seeing the same 3 dead racoons on my way to work and then I showed her a malard duck that had been hit over a month ago and noone picked him up... I don't know who is responsible for "roadkill" but thanks to you for picking up this guy! Even though he's still there, imagine if he were still on the side of the road... they truely make me ired.

moosmom
05-19-2004, 08:58 PM
I cannot believe the stupdity of the Ecorse Police Department!!!

I called on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and TODAY to have someone pick up the body of my Sweet Dude that was hit by a car.

The idiot cop that answered the phone today at the police department said, "Oh, the Animal Control Officers have been in class all week, that's probably why they haven't been around to pick up the animal carcass."

So, in the meantime, I put my trash out for collection tomorrow, and had to put Sweet Dude's body in yet ANOTHER trash bag, and hang it on my fence post till the trash removal is done.

Ugh!!!! :mad: :mad:

leslie flenner
05-19-2004, 09:10 PM
That is ridiculous! Hang in there though- maybe there's a complaint that can be filed? I've been irritated since last week by 3 racoon roadkill on Rt. 1 which is on my way to work.. and a mallard duck and then tonight yet another raccoon!! I don't know who to call but I'm sick and tired of seeing their bodies decomposing on the side of the road! Poor kitty- too bad your neighbor wouldn't just let you bury him and be done with this sad episode in your life...I'll refrain from my writing my thoughts on that here!!

moosmom
05-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Leslie,

I called AGAIN this morning. The @#$%*&! cop asked me why I didn't put him out with the trash last night!!! :mad:

He then put me through to the DPW at which time I got a voicemail. I left my name and number (totally pissed off at this point) and have decided to bury him myself in the backyard after dark tonight. The guy on the first floor has absolutely NO say in what should and should NOT be planted/buried in the yard, as he is only a tenant.

So, Sweet Dude will have a final resting place, other than my trash can.

:( :(

davidpizzica
05-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Leslie,

I called AGAIN this morning. The @#$%*&! cop asked me why I didn't put him out with the trash last night!!! :mad:

He then put me through to the DPW at which time I got a voicemail. I left my name and number (totally pissed off at this point) and have decided to bury him myself in the backyard after dark tonight. The guy on the first floor has absolutely NO say in what should and should NOT be planted/buried in the yard, as he is only a tenant.

So, Sweet Dude will have a final resting place, other than my trash can.

:( :( I say "the heck with everybody!!" Sweet Dude deserves a decent burial and tell your neighbor that he can plant flowers Somewhere else!!! HE WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU OVER THE BRIDGE!

Cinder & Smoke
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
:(

Please say a lil Prayer for all of us, tonight, Donna.

We'll all be there with you in spirit.

Sleep Well, Sweet Dude.
May you Rest In Peace.

:(

/s/ Phred

leslie flenner
05-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Darn idiots! (refraining from cursing). Be carful, be quiet, be fastidious! (don't want neighbor to know- would he unbury just to be spiteful if he knew?) Well, be careful. Hope the ground is soft where you live! Poor boy... yes, he will definately be waiting for you! What a heartbreaking week you've had dealing with this! Gonna file any complaints or just feel like it's not worth the hassel at this point?

moosmom
05-20-2004, 07:32 PM
I'd LOVE to file a complaint. But I'm afraid that I'd get in trouble for burying a dead animal in the yard. I'd LOVE to get a restraining order against the idiotic drunk neighbor. He's a piece of $hit!! :mad: :mad:

leslie flenner
05-20-2004, 07:59 PM
You don't have to tell anyone you buried him. You could say you paid $100.00 to have a vet dispose of the body. (And threaten to send them the bill?) re: restraining order- anyone can get a restraining order against anyone else as long as you say you're be harrassed! It's always one word against another, you don't need any "proof" or "evidence"..