PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bad....=(

DogLover9501
05-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Okay well, most of you know Im soon getting a digital camera, the day before my birthday...May 24th....

Well my grandparents and parents are buying it, the camera is $300

Im counting down days, but everytime I count down I feel bad, I feel like I should get all Jasper's tests first(as they could be as much as $450)

My mom tells me that the camera is for my birthday, we'll get enough for Jasper's tests later..etc..etc..etc

But I feel like I should get his tests now and save up for my camera later :(

What should I do?

I feel really bad :( :( :(

delidog
05-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Honestly,
If I were in the same situation...
I would get Jasper All his shots,exam First...
A camera is a Novelty,Jasper is a Living,Breathing Dog...
and we all know how much you love him....
you can get a disposable digital camera at walgreens for about 6 or 7 dollars....when you want pics you can just use that....they take great pics....
Please just think about it...

Life is All About Priorities & Choices

DogLover9501
05-15-2004, 09:01 PM
I was hoping I would have gotten a bit more replies :( as this was all I could think about...and wanted opinions....

I have did ALOT of thinking since this post :)

I have decided this....

I have $120 right now, with that Im going to get Jasper's $90 test done, if anything on that test comes back positive he has to do the $350 one, if there aren't any positives, he won't need the $350 one, then he will just need to take a $190 food test.

So I have decided that if he needs the $350 test I am not going to get my camera and will use my birthday money for that...BUT if he doesn't need it and needs the $190 test, I am going to get a camera that is $200 instead of the $300 camera I wanted.

Im glad someone replied;)

Cookiebaker
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Honestly,
If I were in the same situation...
I would get Jasper All his shots,exam First...
A camera is a Novelty,Jasper is a Living,Breathing Dog...
and we all know how much you love him....
you can get a disposable digital camera at walgreens for about 6 or 7 dollars....when you want pics you can just use that....they take great pics....
Please just think about it...

Life is All About Priorities & Choices

Ditto. The camera will wait on the shelf at the store, but Jasper is your pup, and life is precious.

You can always get regular photos developed on disk, or you can purchase a scanner for rather cheap (under $100 usually).

Give Jasper a big hug from me....:)

Fallon
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
I would also make sure Jasper has what he needs first and get the camera later.. I agree that you could get one of the 6 or 7 dollar ones.

DogLover9501
05-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Ditto. The camera will wait on the shelf at the store, but Jasper is your pup, and life is precious.

You can always get regular photos developed on disk, or you can purchase a scanner for rather cheap (under $100 usually).

Give Jasper a big hug from me....:)

I think you were posting the same time I was ;) because I already posted my decision hehe

Also I will give him the big hug from you as soon as I finish this post ;)

delidog
05-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Lots of Hugs from us too!!!
We all Love Gorgeous Jasper!!!!

DogLover9501
05-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Aww thanks everyone, lots of hugs will be given ;)

I can't wait to find out what he's alergic to so he can stop scratching :(

Also, after the $90 test I will have $30 left over so maybe I will pick up a disposible camera and take some new pictures for you all ;) even though I might have my camera on the 24th....I hope you all wouldn't mind 2 loads of pictures :p ;)

Canis Amicus
05-16-2004, 04:28 AM
I read only the first reply to your thread.

A digital camera was in my priority list well before to adopt Rex (German Shepherd) one month ago. When I adopted him I tought "now I have a reason for it" but I let is pass and decided not to buy and use the money with the vet, bed, towels, food, toys, castration, dog school, etc. I do not regret.

For 500 Swiss Francs I could buy a very good one on special offer. I already spent more than 2000 SFR with all the mentioned above (only vet clinic: 1400).

I had to buy a insurance against danages he can cause to third person or their belongins (100 SFR/Year).

I am buying him a health insurance (330 or 400 SFR/Year).

These insurances are not included at the first mentioned expenses.

I do not regret.

I take his photos from my very old camera.

Only another example, this with humans: I planned to buy my PC in the year 2001, when I had most of the money, my sister fell head down from a stair case, her jaw, theeth, etc were severely demaged. She was luck to not have broken her neck; the dentist said also was luck she had not chopped her tonge, the way she fell.
No doubt, I gave her all my savings, and waited again till 2003 to buy my own computer.

In both cases: I DO NOT REGRET.

Rosana
and
Rex

anna_66
05-16-2004, 06:37 AM
You've come to a great decision (I knew you would;))!

I hope you don't have to do the expensive test and you get your camera, but until then we'd love to see some more pictures if you have enough money left over:D

DogLover9501
05-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks Anna :D It meant alot to me, that you knew I would make a good decision, even if you didn't mean it :p ;)

He's getting the $90 test whenever he can, Im going to call tomorrow, and that will tell us if he needs the $300 one, Im just not sure how long it will take for the test to come back, so even if he doesn't need the $300 test, I may get my camera a little late.

BUT I am actually HOPING he will need the $300 test, because that would mean its something in the environment and he would just be able to get shots, and that would be it, no food trials, and no eating foods he doesnt even like lol

But I think I have it all figured out now, and I always knew that Jasper was way more important than my camera, afterall hes basically the reason I want it ;) but I was just worried about my family, how they'd feel about giving me birthday money to spend on my dog, but he's my baby.