PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Charlie

manny doodle
05-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Yestuday I had to bury one of my best friends, Charlie my hamster. I still remember the day I got him. My seventh grade teacher had to get rid of him because her new kitten kept on tipping over the cage. Since she knew that I love animals and I wanted a ahmster/rat she decided that I was the best home for the little guy. So I brought him home and he lived here ever since. He was soooo spoiled! Last summer while my mom and i were on vacation, my neighbor who cared for my pets while we were gone accidentally left the cage door open, and got out. Even when we got back, he was still M.I.A. We swore that we heard him crawling around on the second story floor. When we finally found him he was about twice the size he was when we left him because he ate the cat food(the cat was very surprised when she saw a hamster eating out of HER food dish). We found him behind one of the book selves where he stole cotton and made a nest.
He was one of those hamsters that never bite and love people. He was also a hamster that went to school. The faces of my mom's pre-schoolers where so surprised. Most of them had never seen a hamster before in their life.
But just as all htings do, Charlie's life came to an end. I was the one who found him, right where he loved to be, climbing up to his second story( we called it his bachelor's loft). We think that he was tring to climb down his tube and his 5 year old heart could not take the squezzing any longer.(Yes, he was 5 when he died! He was and old hamster)
Yuor heart will no longer have to take the stress my beloved Charlie Horse, you will always be remembered! I LOVE YOU!

Charlie Horse Wells
September '99- May 21,2004 :)

popcornbird
05-15-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( RIP Charlie.

Fallon
05-15-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm sorry Charlie R.I.P. I'm glad you had such a long life, and it sounds like it was a great one too. You really seem like a great hamster.