PDA

View Full Version : Sibling thing.. what should I do?

CountryWolf07
05-14-2004, 06:19 PM
This just happened..

My brother was annoying me w/ the phone.. there's the intercom speaker.. so he was talking in it. from the other room.. so I told him to knock it off, then he started talking louder..so I went over to his room, and grabbed it away from him and he called me a f* b...* (sorry for language)

He's 16.. and he's really in a place where I can't stand him.. and HONESTLY, I have HAD IT with him, and his ATTITUDE.. and how he's always having to be "#1" and "be the one in charge and what not.."

Help.. HOW DO THE HECK do I get along with him.. I'm gonna be 20.. and he's just annoying the hell out of me.. and I'm at the point where I can just completely shut him out of my life for a while..

It's just so fustrating.. I guess it's part of growing up.. but I just don't know if we would EVER GET ALONG later in life.. my mom has been telling him to watch what he says, etc.. but he just continues doing that.. it's been a while since he's been like that with me.. and I don't know.. I just don't know.. I do love him, but.. there are SO MANY TIMES I would love to hit him and just tell him to back off.. I have another brother, who's 14.. and he got mad at my brother who's 16.. of him saying that to me, and I know him.. Tyler is the 14 year old brother, and he would NEVER say that to me, because he knows how that'd hurt me, and Rory is the one who's 16, and he doesn't really care.. I think the highschool status (he will be a Junior in August) has gotten to him.. and I personally think he's one of the "cool, stuck up kids".. he's never been this bad since he started high school..

UGH. :o

Kfamr
05-14-2004, 06:24 PM
It's a stage. I don't think I was ever like this (Or atleast I don't think so? :confused: ) It's especially a stage for boys, I think, they think they're $*!t don't stink at this age.

I've learned, from being annoyed for years by both of my older siblings.. that generally ignoring their stupidity makes them stop. :p

There's been times when I completely "hated" my siblings..... in all honestly, i've loved them since day one though. *Lets hope they don't read this. :o :o :o :o

RICHARD
05-14-2004, 06:25 PM
he knows which buttons of yours to push....

kill him with kindness.....when he say something like that to you, say something like, "Thanks"
and walk away.......

Teens get their jollies off knowing how to get people to lose their cool. If you don't pay attention to him it will get worse......

Put a smile on your face and walk away!

CountryWolf07
05-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I've done it... I've been NICE to him when he did that.. but honestly.. calling me some infamous words? That's the wrong way to go..

Thanks.. I Know it's just a stage.. but Gosh! It NEEDS to end!

Moose
05-14-2004, 11:37 PM
No worries, it sounds to me like typical sibling bickering. It happens, and it will pass. I've gone through it with both my little sister and my older brother.

I got to point with my brother where I couldn't stand to be around him. But then he went to college, I went to college, and we both missed each other like crazy. It was the same deal with my little sister. It's just like they say...you really don't realize what you have and how important it is to you until it's gone.

Now, I absolutely adore them both...no matter how angry or crazy they make me. I don't know what I'd do without them, especially my brother. I tell him everything. And I think it is the same way for my sister and me, she tells me everything....and I just love it. I love that she feels like she can trust me...and she can. :)

I promise, this will pass. :p

moosmom
05-15-2004, 08:03 AM
ignoring their stupidity makes them stop

I think Kfamr is right. The reason he is being such a jerk is to get you pissed off. If you ignore him (just make like he doesn't exist), chances are he'll stop, because you're not reacting to his jerkiness anymore.