PDA

View Full Version : What is this in these pictures?

Laura's Babies
05-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Sometimes, when my daughter takes a picture of PET'S in her house, they come out like this. At first we joked that it was my Mama's who died in 1999 .....we are really wondering, WHO or WHAT this is.. We have more photo's where this has showed up but I decided on showing 2. One was taken with a digital camera and the other a regular 35 mm. "It" shows up most in pictures she takes in her bedroom and always in pictures of pets!

What do YOU think? ( Is Sylvia Brown out there anywhere?)

Look to the left of Chesters head, what does that look like to you? (This is in her bedroom taken with digital camera.)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p07c6eff799ced8aebbd5a9f4bc8f580c/f8abf05b.jpg

This is their dog and her son playing with their dog in the living room and taken with the 35mm.

Wow! I just noticed the date on the one with the dog...1999, NOVEMBER! Mama died in July of 99 and her birthday is in NOVEMBER!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pd8331e2d7e7e78dc64c1478a96835199/f8abf059.jpg

catnapper
05-14-2004, 04:17 PM
WOW! :eek: I've got chills! Did this start happening right after your mom died? Was she also a major animal lover? And you said only in a photo that has animals?

Ooooo, I'd call a spirit-person.. they might come out for free to do tests (that is if your kids would appreciate the people doing tests.)

bluekat
05-14-2004, 04:34 PM
That gave me the chills too! The first picture I just saw light at first, but then I looked again and I actually saw a cat face:eek:

I would call a psychic or spirit person too to check it out.

aki
05-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Looks like you might have a ghost! :eek:

Does Chester ever stare intently at absolutely nothing like he is watching something?? Chuck does this all the time and I hate it especially when he is staring at something either near or behind me. It gives me the creeps!

Our old house had exposed beams in the ceiling and he would always stare at the beams and cry. It made me feel like there was a bat up there or something!

Cataholic
05-14-2004, 06:06 PM
I think I would get Kay on over here to address these issues. I am pretty sure it is the camera...I will tell her to address this so that you guys won't be scared to sleep alone tonight! :D

Kfamr
05-14-2004, 06:19 PM
I often get things like that in the first photo with my digital.

What type of digital are you using and what setting is on when it's used? Mine does it when it's on "Nighttime" and some other settings. I believe it's just the glare of the light.

As far as the 35mm -- possbily a mistake in developing it? I don't know.. could be anything!

Are these the only photos it showed up in?

Laura's Babies
05-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Mama was a MAJOR animal lover and she especially loved cats.. It does not frighten us any and it only shows up in photo's. I don't know of he stares at anything when he is there or not, I will have to ask. We didn't notice it in the photo's before, until I got Chester and she tooka lot of photo's of him so I could see him "growing up" in pictures while I was gone to work. It has started showing up so much that we now have noticed it.

moosmom
05-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Well, I believe in spirits, both human AND animal!! While I would tend to THINK it may be a double exposure, I'm more inclined to believe it's some kind of spirit. Stranger things have happened!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
While I would tend to THINK it may be a double exposure,

That was my first thought too, but since it shows up in different cameras - with different media even - it's a little harder to understand. There was a website once that had tons of pics like this and attempted explain them all, but I haven't a clue how I found it, what it was called or how to find it again. It might have been on one of our Halloween threads here. I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

I'm not sure I believe in all that spirit stuff, but I'm not sure I don't believe it either. Eerie.

Laura's Babies
05-14-2004, 11:55 PM
OK... NOW, look where I have circled. It is upside down so you may not get it right away...but look CLOSE.. Do you see it?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pf28ff1a1b40950c1e47462990db9f5ca/f8ab0cc4.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Whatever this is it sure looks eerie to me.:eek:
In the last picture that you marked, I can see a face. Is that what you see?

moosmom
05-15-2004, 07:53 AM
It looks like a cat's face to me. VERY eerie!

catmandu
05-15-2004, 08:49 AM
It definitly is A Cat Face , and a Beautiful Cat, coming back to see taht everything , ua all Right , with You! He must have got a Pass , from The Cat Angel Army , as I ahve seen Scrappy , Pouncer , and The Other Angels , on TV!

bluekat
05-15-2004, 10:44 AM
I could see the face...I also see one in the other pic too!

Can you show us more of these pictures if you have more?

Karen
05-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Moisture in the camera, or something on the lens can cause this sort of effect in any media - all cameras have a lens through which the image is taken. The "thing" is not the same in the two pictures you posted, but you said they were from different cameras, so that's not surprising.

Laura's Babies
05-15-2004, 04:05 PM
I have at least ONE more on a CD here somewhere but so far, I have been unable to find it.. I will ask my daughter how many more she has...

I think if it were the cameras, it would show up in other pictures and not just in aniaml pics but it has only shown up in the ones with animals. She takes TONS of pic's of her grandbaby, born in January and none have shown up in those.. If the camera were going inside and outside immediately before she took pictures, I would agree that it is fogged lens or something but she grabs the camera off the dresser and shoots. All the ones with that in it were taken in her bedroom, with the exception of that one with the dog in it. We just find it facinating...not scary at all to us.

catcrazylady
05-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Just a little freaky there Laura! I don't know what it is but it sure is interesting! I hope my kitties have a guardian angel!