PDA

View Full Version : Some kitty was nasty to me this morning!

catcrazylady
05-14-2004, 12:35 PM
I wake up at 4:30 am soaking wet and think I must be having some wierd hot flash because I'm only wet around my upper leg area. Did I have some kind of an ACCIDENT?http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif No, but one of the kitties did!!! Somebody peed all over me!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/confused.gif Somebody soaked me and the bed. I don't know who did it but this one really set the hubby off!
We had somebody peeing in the bed when we had Mr. Magoo out of his cage. They did it two nights in a row so now when he is out I go with the crew and play with them and keep an eye on the bed. We haven't had any problems for the last few days.
I came home yesterday and changed clothes really fast and left for the shelter. It was late when I got home so I closed off the room and let Magoo out but I stayed in the room with him because I was trying to sit still and woof down some dinner at 9:30 pm. I made somebody mad, obviously! I was ten minutes late getting up this morning to give them breakfast and I got peed on!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/mad.gif
Hubby says that's it because we never had a problem until Magoo came into the house. Most of the cats won't even come into the TV room with us at night now because that is where Magoo is caged. Hubby said that it was time to take Magoo back because it probably wasn't going to work anyway! I just got Magoo's drugs last night!!
I'm not giving in yet but I don't know what to do because I don't know who the culprit is! My house is not a happy kitty place anymore because of Magoo but I can't justify returning him because someone else peed on the bed!
How do I figure out who is doing it?? http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/confused.gif

catlover4ever
05-14-2004, 12:58 PM
CCL I'm so sorry....This is probally the stupidest idea but all I can think of is setting up a camcorder in an area of your bedroom and let it record just who is doing it.....afterall isn't this the way some people find out that their babysitters are abusing their children. Sorry....probally a really stupid idea.

I hope you find out who is doing this and I hope it is just a medical problem with some kitty. NOT that I want you to have a sick kitty but I hope that it is a UTI instead of some kitties spitefullness towards you and Magoo.

catnapper
05-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Yuck. :( Gosh, if it isn't one thing, its another. Do you have any idea of which cat would have done it? Do you think its the same cat every time? Gish, I feel so bad for your situation right now {{{hugs}}}

Did they say how long it would take of Mr. Magoo's drugs to affect his behavior?

CatMama78
05-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for your situation with Mr. Magoo. I've read through some past threads so I know he's got a special situation. You've been so kind to help him out so far.......and I know you're doing all you can for him. It must be so frustrating for you....Hmmm as far as finding the blame, I think the only way to know for sure is the camera idea....But maybe Mr. Magoo is not meant to be in a house with other felines. He may just need the special attention in a one cat household. I know you don't want to give up on him, and you really wouldn't be at all, you'd be finding the best way for him to live. Maybe give it just a few more weeks and see how he adjusts..perhaps he just needs lots and lots of time.

Argh, I hope that I didn't step on any toes, I know how sensitive the situation must be for you and my heart goes out to you, Mr. Magoo and to all your kitties for the situation.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-14-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm so sorry you're still having problems with your other kitties, and I'm mostly sorry that this has turned into such a nightmare for you, hubby and your crew. :(

I have no idea how you can figure out who the culprit is, but once you do, maybe they'll need some of the medicine you just got for Magoo.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to help. :(

Kirsten
05-14-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm so sorry the entire Mr. Maggo-situation is getting worse day by day! Seems very obvious to me that somebody is very upset about him and is trying to make that clear! I really wish there was a solution for this!

I can understand your hubby but I can also understand you, that you don't want to bring Mr. Magoo back because of the peeing-thing.

I wish I had some advice for you... :(

Kirsten

RICHARD
05-14-2004, 02:05 PM
CCL,

Since your problem has caused you so much pain, I'll tell you about my close encounter.

I had just finished having a 'moment' with my RB GF and while we were basking in the afterglow, I felt this hot spot on my back....being allergic to bee stings (it felt like the beginning of one), I flinched, looked over my shoulder to see the cat running off the bed....two seconds later.........
I knew it was pee.......

Don't feel bad, I was happy, awake and peed on!!

catcrazylady
05-14-2004, 02:28 PM
GEEZ RICHARD!!! The problem is I wasn't happy and I wasn't awake!! The only thing I got was the PEE! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif YUK!

I truly am at my wits end because just when I think I may be able to make this work out one of the original crew starts going nuts! I don't have a video camera or I would set one up and find out who it is. I suspect Pete but then I can't prove it because none of them like the fact that Magoo is in there. The most nervous about him are Pete and Pervy. They hardly come into the room at all. Then again Leroy is my rotten baby and I have to wonder if he is feeling ticked about being shut out of the room while Magoo is out. Leroy does not like to be left out of anything!
If I were to place a bet on who it is my money would go on Pete but I have no proof. Just when I'm hopeful about the drugs for Magoo I get new issues. I know we can't keep this up. It was bad enough to get ready for bed only to find it wet then change the sheets, the mattress pad, and comforter but now I'm getting peed on!!! Because the mattress pad is in the laundry the pee went straight through the sheet onto a foam pad which will now have to be trashed.
Hubby is going to go bolistic here soon and the sad part about that is that Magoo loves him! He responds so well to hubby. Boy I wish I never brought him home!!!
The next time I start talking about another cat will you all remind me of this torment!!!

nibblets
05-14-2004, 11:27 PM
This was just a thought...and I know it may be bad suggestion, but since he has lived for some time as an outdoor cat and has some survival skills already; what do think the chances are that he could live outside your home? Obviously the area you live in would be a huge factor as to whether this would be a feasible idea. I wonder if he had a little shelter of his own outside, if he would stick around as an outdoor kitty for you.
Like I said, I was just a thought.

Laura's Babies
05-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Oh gee girl, I hate to hear this! I had a cat that whenever she got mad at ME, she would make a bee line for my daughters bed and pee right in the middle of it.

Maybe you need to medicate the rest of the gang too until they get over this rough spot. Their quiet home has CHANGED and they don't like it..

krazyaboutkatz
05-15-2004, 01:47 AM
CCL, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having problems in your household.:( I wish I had some advice to give you but sadly I don't.
Like others have said, you may need to start medicating all of your cats. You might want to try putting rescue remedy in their water. I think you can buy this at a health food store. Good luck and please keep us updated when you can.

moosmom
05-15-2004, 08:35 AM
This was just a thought...and I know it may be bad suggestion, but since he has lived for some time as an outdoor cat and has some survival skills already; what do think the chances are that he could live outside your home? Obviously the area you live in would be a huge factor as to whether this would be a feasible idea. I wonder if he had a little shelter of his own outside, if he would stick around as an outdoor kitty for you.
Like I said, I was just a thought.

My first thought was "ARE YOU CRAZY????" I know it was only a "thought" but putting Magoo outside would be a death wish for him. Making a blind cat an outdoor cat, is like handing Magoo over to coyotes or whatever other evils lurk outside.

CCL,

I think you've done just about everything for Magoo. I took the liberty of doing some research on special needs kitties. Here are some links on special needs rescue organizations. Maybe THEY can take Magoo and find him a furrrrever "only kitty" home for him. Please let me know how you make out.

Kneading Paws is a rescue organization for special needs cats. Here's the link:

http://www.felinerescue.org/

Here's the contact portion with e-mail and phone number:

http://www.felinerescue.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostContact&file=index

This is the Arizona Feline Network. They will help you post a picture and bio of Magoo for people who are looking for a special needs kitty.

http://www.azfelines.org/

F.U.R. also helps place special needs cats. Here's their link:

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/SC44.html

I hope this helps. I know how frustrated you are and how much you want to help Magoo. If I were in YOUR shoes, I'd feel the same way you do.

Hang in there and let me know how you make out.

((((((hugs))))))

catmandu
05-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Sam has soaked my clothes , but fortunately , I was not iin them , at the time! I am sorry that Scrappy Paddingti=o Ocular , is causing so many problems , as you did what you thought , was right , in givinghim a Furr Ever Home! We are [parying atht the Lord helps him through!

kimlovescats
05-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh Lisa.... I just hate this for you!!! I do believe that it is time Mr. Magoo went somewhere else.... whether it be your shelter, or another. It's not fair to your other cats to have to be so stressed, and then to end up having to be medicated??? I just don't think that's a fair trade for them, do you? You have tried everything feasible for Magoo, and your home just isn't going to work for him. Yes, he has taken to your husband but I bet if he could find another "one cat" home, he would bond with someone else as well.

The only other thing I might try (if I were in your shoes) would be to make some sort of outdoor enclosure for him, or let him be a garage kitty .... if either of these ideas would work for your home. Other than that, I just don't know!

Please know that whatever you decide to do, you have my complete support!!!!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Randi
05-15-2004, 12:28 PM
You really have the worst possible situation there with Magoo and the other kitties - I’m so sorry!! :( Because of Magoo's sad past, it will probably take quite a while before he can relax and trust anyone, both humans and kitties.

Having followed this since you took him home, I honestly think the best for all parts would be if you could find him an only cat home. Or if he could live in an outdoor enclosure where he's safe.

You have gone to such lenghts to try and help him and I admire you for doing do! In your shoes, I'd give it another few weeks, the most.

Poor Magoo, you and your kitties! :(

{{{{Hugs}}}}

QueenScoopalot
05-15-2004, 10:18 PM
everyone!! Leslie here at QSAL's. She just got the meds and hasn't been able to treat him yet! He will hopefully be given a chance on the meds (don't know if you got rescue remedy or a prescription?). If this does nothing, well, maybe one of the links moosmom sent you can help with connecting you to someone who can offer him a home?

carole
05-15-2004, 11:16 PM
I Feel really sad to hear things are not improving too, I am sad for you, your kitties and sad for Mr Magoo, my heart goes out to each of you.
You probably know in your heart, that it is time to return him, but you are sticking it out in hope that things will get better, and you no doubt feel awful at the thought of returning him, but you have to do what is best for you, hubby, the kitties and Mr Magoo, again as I have said before you have everyones support on PT no matter what you decide, Good luck., I sure can understand how fustrated you must feel, and torn between what to do and not to do, I really hope everything works out for you all.

QueenScoopalot
05-16-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm more than willing to snail-mail you a bottle of Rescue Remedy to add to everyone's water. Just let me know...Jan

PayItForward
05-16-2004, 08:28 AM
CCL,

I know this is your decision to make but please don't restrict him to an outside cage on his own.

If he can't be part of your fur family, please try the excellent links moosmom posted and get him back to a shelter who can find him a good home.

All cats deserve to be part of a family not alone and outside, that is a life of a stray cat not a loved one :(

catcrazylady
05-16-2004, 10:53 AM
I appreciate ALL comments and advice. I'm soaking in every word. I also can't tell you all how much I appreciate the support!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Now here is where we are after a couple of days of meds. NOWHERE! He is a little calmer but he just isn't going to get along with other kitties. He just wants to be out of his cage and casually enjoying life with humans. He doesn't want other kitties to be wandering around him. I don't think that is going to change. I think it's hearing them walking around and he can't seem to stand it. He has to get up and go to them and then acts aggresive when he finds them. When the room is closed off and we let him out he wants to be loved, brushed, and played with. He plays pretty aggressivly but it just play. We now have a stuffed chicken tied to a string that we let him attack and have some fun with. We are trying to teach him not to bite hands even in play. Kill the chicken but not us!!
After he has played for awhile he walks around and then comes and lays on the floor usually in front of hubby's chair and bathes or naps. He would be fine if there were no other cats. He still feels the need to follow and stalk me and I'm not sure what he would do to me if I wasn't paying attention because I won't give him the chance to possibly nail me! He adores hubby and shows no sign of aggression with him at all! BRAT!
I will NEVER put him outside. I understand the suggestion but it is not an option. If I had a heated garage and could set him up some kind of home environment there then maybe but I don't so that isn't going to happen.
Here is my plan for now...Even being caged in our house with only about an hour of freedom a day he is still way better off then he was at the shelter!! His cage is three times bigger and he does get out a little with play time and attention. Even though his crying and wanting out more often is driving me insane I still have the peace of mind knowing it isn't a great life for him but it is better than it was. So, I think what I'm going to do is put him on line with the shelters petfinder and see what happens. If the perfect home comes along then I would be thrilled! It would have to be perfect and I would be totally honest with anyone interested. They would have to know what they are getting into because moving him back and forth would be worse on him. If for some reason some miracle happens and he adjusts here then I would pull him of line and keep him.
I have ordered some Rescue Remedy for everyone in the house (maybe hubby and I too!). I guess this isn't really a long term plan but it is all I have for now. Its this or back to the shelter he goes and I'm doing EVERYTHING within my power to not let that happen. I may end up in the looney bin but I'm trying!!!
I've got five ferals that have showed up that I'm feeding on my porch and a mean blind kitty in the house and I'm feeling overloaded but I will drive on! As soon as the shelter empties out some I'm going to try to trap some of these guys and get them in there.
Geez Whiz! It never ends!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Does anybody have any better ideas?

moosmom
05-16-2004, 01:39 PM
CCL,

I truly admire you for your persistence and determination! You and Magoo will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you need to talk, you've got my number.

Hang in there! We are all here for you!

((((hugs))))

Donna

Kirsten
05-16-2004, 01:53 PM
CCL, you really have a heart of gold!! :)

You're probably right and even a cage and one hour playing time with humans is better than the shelter + he loves your hubby! :)

I beginning to think if he was a single cat in your household, he would be one happy cat. The other cats must confuse him or scare him, maybe he thinks cats are more unpredictable than humans, and that's why he's reacting aggressive. Or he's just territorial!

It would be wonderful if the shelter could find a place for him where he would be an only cat, or where he could have some seperated space for himself. I wish you all the luck in the world!!

BTW, I was just thinking...
Maybe you could spray your bed with Feliway. This immitates feline facial pheromones and cats usually don't pee where it smells like that.

Kirsten