PDA

View Full Version : In shock... lost Twilight suddenly

K9soul
05-14-2004, 10:22 AM
I just can't believe it. Last night I went to cover Dusk and Twilight for the night and they were sitting next to each other like little lovebirds all happy and grinding their beaks.

This morning when I went to uncover them, Twilight was puffed out and she looked stressed, and trembling a bit. Alarmed, I watched her for a bit and she seemed to get worse, within just a few minutes she seemed to have gone downhill, breathing kind of heavy and swaying on her perch. I called the vet and was going to bring her in right away. I ran to get a box and when I got back upstairs, she was on the floor of her cage...

Before I could get to the vet's, she was gone. I just can't believe it. I can't believe how fast it happened. When I saw her last night, she was fine. When I uncovered her this morning, she looked a bit ill but not like she would die in 30 minutes...

The vet said he believes she was probably egg-bound, that it happens a lot in smaller birds, especially when they are about to lay their first clutch.

I keep feeling like somehow it's my fault. Something that I didn't do or should have done maybe to prevent this. I feel horrible. Dusk keeps calling for her..

I haven't felt so horrible in a long time. Or so shocked.

RIP sweet little Twilight..

Karen
05-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh, sweet Twilight, swift you passed
Like the magic time of day
For which you were named

Sweet little Twilight,
Pretty dark eyes,
Fly home to the Rainbow Bridge

I like blue twilight
But you were sunny sweet,
And loving and loved in turn

Goodnight, sweet Twilight,
We're sorry to say good-bye
We'll miss you,
Especially when the wild birds sing
At twilight

GoldenRetrLuver
05-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Jessica... :( :( :(

I'm so sorry. *hugs* Have fun at The Rainbow Bridge, Twilight. :(

cloverfdx
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Oh no Jessica i am so sorry. :(

Godspeed to the Bridge Twilight.

Holly's mom
05-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Oh no, I am so sorry, Jessica! What a shock.:( Hugs to to you. RIP Twilight.

trayi52
05-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Oh no! Not Twilight! I am so sorry. Godspeed to the bridge beautiful Twilight.

Willie

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2004, 11:50 AM
:(

So Sorry, Jess...

Safe Flight up to The Bridge, Twilight.

/s/ :( Phred

popcornbird
05-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Jessica, I have tears in my eyes for you. :( I just loved little Twi. Poor baby. I don't know what I can say to bring you any comfort.

RIP beautiful baby Twilight. :( You will be missed tremendously by us all.

*hugs*

:(

ramanth
05-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh Jessica, I'm so sorry. :(

stacwase
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
I'm so sorry.

K9soul
05-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Thank you all for the condolences.. Karen thank you so much for Twilight's poem. I wish it was easier for me to read it but maybe in a few days..

When I had first posted I was feeling mostly the shock and distress of it all.. but now I feel sunk into such a grief and sadness I can hardly stand it at the moment. The whole thing keeps playing over and over in my mind again. I have never lost one of my babies so suddenly, at a young age like that. Twi was around 1-1/2 to 2 years old. I wasn't even remotely prepared for something like this to happen. :(

My Peanuts
05-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( This seems to be almost exactly what happened to Pretty Boy, but Pretty Boy was 23 years old. I know how you feel. It's hard when they go without warning.

Logan
05-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh, Jessica, I am so sorry. :(

Twilight will be missed by all of us. :( :( I hope that precious Dusk will be ok and not too lonely.

Rest in peace, Twilight.

Logan, Roger and Milly

Cookiebaker
05-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Oh Jessica, I am so sorry for your loss. :( How very sudden!! In time your heart will heal, and I hope you will find comfort in memories of your precious birdie.

{{Hugs}}

joanofark
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
:( :( :( Oh I am so sorry...But look at the bright side:) twilight is at rainbow bridge.:) :( :) but we will still miss that poor birdie:( :( :(

Fallon
05-15-2004, 09:04 PM
I am so sorry. Poor Dusk, he's probably so lonely now. Don't blame yourself though, you didn't do anything to provoke it.

shais_mom
05-16-2004, 11:53 PM
I am so sorry for your sudden loss.
Godspeed to the Bridge.

RobiLee
05-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Jessica,

I am so sorry to hear about this. I am just now finding out and I am so sorry about Twilight. How are you doing? I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you.

Rest in Peace, Twilight. Fly high and free, sweetie.

Robin

K9soul
05-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Thank you again to all for your thoughtful words.

Robin, I hadn't really been to PT for a week after I posted, I just felt so down, I've really been horribly depressed since it happened, but somehow today for the first time I've felt some of that dark mournful feeling lift from me. I got to visit with my Mom who was able to stop for awhile today and see me while she and my stepfather were driving through (they drive an 18-wheeler), and it was the first time I had seen her in over a year. I actually got to spend a few hours talking to her and it somehow seemed to do a lot to heal my heart somewhat from the horrible sadness that has been with me since the day this happened.

I just wish I was able to think about her without reliving the memories of her death and how it happened, but I guess only time can help that come to pass.

tatsxxx11
05-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Dear Jess...I'm so sorry:(:(:( What a tragic loss for both you and Dusk:( But please, don't blame yourself. I know how much you love all of your creatures and there was nothing that you did, or could have done differenctly, to have prevented her passing:( I'm glad you got to visit with your mom and found some comfort in that. Mom's are great for comforting us, no matter our age. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Dusk, Dawn and precoius Twilight, who waits for you and her fbeloved eathered mate at the Rainbow Bridge. All my love to you friend. {{{HGUS}}} Sandra