PDA

View Full Version : My cat turned vicious in 2 seconds flat.

kiska171
05-08-2001, 07:58 PM
My dad and i bught a cat colar for my cat daisy cuz he always seemed to want to go out side. but he died at the age of 2 for some unknown reason. So we got another cat Jazzy. And we tried it out on her when she got old enough. which now shes like a Year and we put the colar on her and went out side and in like 2 seconds she started going crazy and jumping all over the place so i picked her up cuz i wasn't scared of her. ANd she bit me on my thumb like 50 times and then bit my arm and left 2 huge bruses with 9 teeth marks and 2 scratch marks. i stil love my cat i'm just scared of her. I have no idea why she did that. i had to take these huge horse like pills for a week. I just don't know what made her do that. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

Ben E Gas
05-09-2001, 11:17 AM
How'd you get her back into the house?
Does she act like that indoors?
Have you taken her out again?

------------------
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/Ra/IX/oN/Dz70374.jpg
Igor Inc. (c)2001

4 feline house
05-09-2001, 01:18 PM
If I'm reading your post correctly, you put a collar on a cat who had never had one before, then immediately picked her up. If this is they way things happened, then it would be pretty apparent that she was upset because of the collar. It's too late for Jazzie now, but maybe you can understand her better if you know that cats feel like something has "got" them when they wear a collar or harness. In other words, they think something has caught them and is about to eat them. Most cats eventually get used to collars and harnesses, but you have an excellent chance if you start when they are very young.

I'm sorry she hurt you, and I hope she doesn't do that again. But understanding the way cats think goes a long way towards understanding why they do the things they do, and how better to handle them.

If you get another kitty, start the collar early!

With Jazzie, keep the collar on her, but if she seems the slightest upset by it (ears back, tail twitching, snarling, growling) then stay away until she settles down. If you must handle her, wear thick gloves.

kiska171
05-09-2001, 04:14 PM
We still had the leash on her so we dragged her inside sorta. She does'nt act like that indoors. And we haven 't taken her out again cuz it was about 2 weeks ago.

Logan
05-09-2001, 10:17 PM
Exactly, Spencer!!! The Butter Boy is quite lethal with teeth and claws. We have discovered a new thing with him though. He only does it to me!!! I gave him that lecture about not biting/scratching the hand that feeds you, but he won't listen!! Never does he bite or scratch Helen, and now he's having a love affair with my six year old neighbor, Margaret, and her little friends. I keep warning everyone, but so far, he just loves on them!! I had a repairman here for my phone the other day and he loved on him!! What's up with that????

On the topic here, I don't think Butter has ever had a collar before either. And for those of you who aren't familiar, Butter is a stray I took in about 4 1/2 months ago, and he is probably about 4 years old. Well, he has his collar and id now, and was hilarious after I put it on him. It has a bell and that threw him for a while, but he has settled into it nicely and doesn't seem bothered by it anymore.
Logan

Edwina's Secretary
05-10-2001, 08:44 AM
Edwina LOVES repairmen. She follows them around the house, climbs in any tool boxes, and if the repair man goes anywhere near her litter box, she likes to demonstrate its function. It can be embarrassing. although most seem to find her attention amusing.

Catcrazed
06-07-2001, 08:33 PM
My cat B.A. hate collars, especially with bows or bells!

ejwmla
06-08-2001, 10:45 PM
he was probably just scared cause it was a new thing. my cat that i have snowball was suppose to be an inside cat but one night he accidentally got out so i went outside to get him & when i went to pick him up he was scared & jumped up & scratched me really bad on my hand & left a huge scar all the way across my right hand. eventually he was fine & now loves it outside