PDA

View Full Version : Human heads

lhg0962
12-07-2000, 03:05 PM
I've wondered for the 11 years of Mimi's life ...what is her attraction to my head. I wake up during the night and she is asleep at the top of my head with her chin stretched out over my forehead. Is it the warmth that comes off of our heads that they like, or our hair (I have a head full)? I think it is funny and I dare not move and disturb her! She still has her claws!

carrie
12-07-2000, 06:19 PM
Good for you for keeping claws!
Yep, it's the warmth. Humans lose most of their heat through the head which is why we have retained hair cover there. Our brains, even when sleeping, take a huge amount of blood to tick over and there is not a lot between brain, skull, skin and cat.

AdoreMyDogs
12-10-2000, 03:16 PM
My moms cat, Mia (who used to be my cat when I lived with her) is also obsessed with heads, but in a different way...she does not like to sleep on them as much as lick, and give gentle love bites to them. We have never figured out her obsession. She's had the obsession since she was a little kitten. It's a strange one. We'll be sitting on the couch, she will walk the top/back of it, and get behind us and begin "eating the hair" on our heads, licking it, soaking it with cat spit, and an occational gentle bite.

What's up with that?

lhg0962
12-11-2000, 04:58 PM
I don't know, AdoreMyDogs, but I'm glad Mimi only decides to sleep on my head!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

MzKitty
12-12-2000, 11:51 AM
My cats too, have spent some of their nights sleeping in my hair (waistlength) they usually circle around and do the kneading with their claws bit, then snuggle down and doze off for hours! I have always just taken it as a sign of love and wanting to be close to their mommy (in her fur), as they were when they were little. If they are licking or chewing, it may be that they are grooming you, as they do each other, also a wonderful sign of love!
I have heard about liking the heat also, but mine usually (although,I have pictures to prove otherwise!) sleep behind my head in my hair puddle, if they are not sleeping under the covers or on different sides of my legs! I have four cats, so they pretty much box me in: head,stomach,behind knees,front of calves. I have come to accept that whatever position they catch me in, I will be that way, however uncomfortable. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

lhg0962
12-17-2000, 06:32 PM
Well this beats all. Helen has a fever, and you'd better believe, Mimi knows it! Helen's ears are even hot. Mimi wraps herself around Helen's head like a turban.
Every time I give Helen some fever relief in the form of Tylenol or Advil, she starts sweating and Mimi just cuddles up for a good sleep!
Helen is literally a "Hot Head" right now.
Logan