PDA

View Full Version : Biting your hair??

gini
12-03-2000, 09:57 AM
Has anyone had this experience? A year and a half ago, a large orange tabby adopted me. It didn't take him long to realize that a warm home and bed to sleep in was a good thing. When I get into bed he wants to be as close to me as possible. So he stands next to me as close as he can get and then flops down. But he also likes to bite my hair. The first time he did it I was really startled. This was a "new" one. He is a big cat and could do damage without realizing it so I don't encourage this behavior.

------------------

kgeorge
12-03-2000, 10:15 AM
I have a Norweigian Forest Cat (kitten) he is 6 months and he has also started this, usually in the morning if I don't get up when he wants to, I have had cats before and they have never ate my hair! My sisters rabbit tried this also. Just keep telling him no. I think they become immune to the word no. Maybe he likes the fragrance of your shampoo or hair spray?

MzKitty
12-12-2000, 12:00 PM
I just replied to the post 'human heads' and it also partially applies to your question of the hair chewing. I hadn't thought of the fragrance idea, but I know mine aren't too thrilled when I apply stuff too my hair, that's usually when they exit the bathroom, quickly I may add! I may just have a 'bad' flavor though, or they don't like getting a shower of particles. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif I would just take it as a sign of love. I don't think they could get enough chemicals ingested to hurt them.