PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat act like a snob or a sweetie?

ILOVECINDER
10-23-2001, 10:34 PM
My cat acts like a snob sometimes because whenever she lays down and then I face her, she will go away!!! :(

Former User
10-24-2001, 02:06 AM
Yup, sometimes they do act like snobs. If it happens that they don't like some food we give for them, they just have a little sniff, and walk away then. Only to come back a bit later because they're hungry.

And they are sweeties too, here's a proof:
http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/casperkitty51.jpg

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Casper & Kitty ]

purrley
10-24-2001, 07:03 AM
All my cats (except Frisco, the Blue Point Siamese ultra SNOB cat) are loving and seem happy for me to be around. Frisco, however, doesn't like me, never has and probably never will - but I sure love him - he's gorgeous!!!!

cr7clark
10-24-2001, 07:43 AM
Miss Bo is a little lover kitty, she wants attention and will purr, meow and rub against me every chance she gets. The only time she snubs me is when I am wearing perfume, which she hates! :(

pepper636
10-24-2001, 09:10 AM
My one cat, Ebony, is a real b*!/[ cat, or I should say was. She was very lovey when she adopted me at about 6 months old. Then when I invited her in, she showed her true self. If you petted her, she'd hiss and bite. But if I take in a pet, they are mine for life, no matter what. So we just co-existed. I have wanted female kittens for a long time and found some this March. I thought Ebony might accept kittens more than an adult cat. No way, hissing and wanting nothing to do with them ... until about 2 months ago. I don't know what changed but now she plays with them, running and wrestling. She sleeps with them and acts like she misses them when they are not with her. I am so glad for her because I really don't think she was happy before, but she sure is now.

Former User
10-24-2001, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by pepper:
<STRONG>My one cat, Ebony, is a real b*!/[ cat, or I should say was. She was very lovey when she adopted me at about 6 months old. Then when I invited her in, she showed her true self. If you petted her, she'd hiss and bite. But if I take in a pet, they are mine for life, no matter what. So we just co-existed. I have wanted female kittens for a long time and found some this March. I thought Ebony might accept kittens more than an adult cat. No way, hissing and wanting nothing to do with them ... until about 2 months ago. I don't know what changed but now she plays with them, running and wrestling. She sleeps with them and acts like she misses them when they are not with her. I am so glad for her because I really don't think she was happy before, but she sure is now.</STRONG>

Pepper, maybe she thought that if I can't beat them, I join them :)

NoahsMommy
10-24-2001, 11:00 AM
Noah is usually quite sweet! Sometimes he can be a little meanie, but not really a snob.

thelmalu99
10-24-2001, 11:49 AM
Elvis is very affectionate, but he does have his moments when he's a real snob. He can be a real meanie, too but he's getting better. It's hard to know which personality you're going to get at any given time! But I love him!!

Danny, on the other hand, is a total sweetie. All he wants to do is play or be held like a baby.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

NoahsMommy
10-24-2001, 12:28 PM
How cute Thelmalu!! I love holding Noah like a baby! They are so sweet!

catwoman
10-24-2001, 02:49 PM
My Weezie is the biggest sweetie in the world. In the true Southern tradition (she was born in TN,) she has never met a stranger. If you dangle a hand off the side of the sofa, she will walk back and forth rubbing against it for up to an hour.

Thelma is a sweetie only to me. To everyone else, she is a bit of a snob ... unless you're holding string cheese, that is.
;)

thelmalu99
10-24-2001, 03:26 PM
LOL, so I guess Thelma's favorite song is "What have you done for me lately?"

catwoman
10-24-2001, 04:43 PM
ROFL, Thelma ... that is so true! You know your namesake well!

She loves me to pieces, but everyone else who's met her says, "Why does she just glare at me like that from across the room?" :rolleyes:

Not everyone can be an equal-opportunity snugglebutt like Weezie.

AngieS
10-24-2001, 06:27 PM
My cat doesn't act like a snob. She is very playful and friendly. :D

Angie

Kitti - 1 year old, white, black & grey striped

Sia1
10-24-2001, 07:44 PM
My two littermates are very sweet but that is probably because they had some form of human contact daily when they were very young. Shadow and Whisper need constant affection and are more like dogs than the "traditional, independent" cat.
Callie, on the other hand, is very stuck up. She can't drink out of her water bowl, she must have water from a mug or the faucet. It's gotten so bad that I've had to put her very own mug on my nightstand so she might leave my cup alone. :rolleyes:

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Sia1 ]

Ila
10-25-2001, 08:02 AM
Misty can be a real snob when she wants to be. She has got it down to good. She is a real fussy eater. If I give her food that she really just don't want she will give me this cock of the head and stare like how dare you think your going to feed me this. Walks away. Another thing she does. I will be on the sofa she jumps up on it I will reach for her and she moves her head so I am just out of reach to pet her. She comes to me when she wants petted and not before. She is so cute and knows it. She is a real SNOB at times. We call her Miss Attitude sometimes. ;)

yorkster
10-25-2001, 03:42 PM
My cats Kedi and Wylie (M. Coon/Himilayen mix & M. Coon pure), are both sweet and affectionate- I'm lucky that way. They are so 'not snobby' that they are kinda clowns a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong, they can certainly be cat-like and have their moments, but all-in-all they are sweethearts!

zippy-kat
10-25-2001, 08:13 PM
Ahhhh Farruska~

I'm in love!!! I absolutely ADORE black and black & white kitties!!!

Former User
11-06-2001, 09:50 AM
With this pic, greetings to Zippykat :D :D
http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/casper52.jpg

wolflady
11-06-2001, 11:35 AM
I think I get the best of ..uh..both worlds with my babies! They can be sweeties and SNOBS depending on what mood they are in. They know they are cute, and thus get away with just about anything... :rolleyes:

tuxluvr
11-07-2001, 05:59 PM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/7b/6S/cw/IU18205.jpg

I call this "many moods of Ritz"...the one with her sitting with her front feet extended in front of her is my "aren't I just the prettiest cat" pose...and, oh, by the way, don't EVEN try to touch me when I am in this pose, just admire me!

She is a sweetie, but certainly on her own terms, however she is completely tolerant of my desire to hold her.

gini
11-07-2001, 06:17 PM
If you aren't sure if you like cats, hate cats, tolerate cats, or love cats, you will certainly have a firm opinion after you meet Rascal.

He loves everyone. He will check you out, offer himself for a few scratches and if you give him what he wants he is your friend for life. He will snuggle right up to you, put his head in your lap, maybe expose his tummy and purr and purr.

The only thing he asks is that you always show him where your hands are. If he suspects that you might not have the best of intentions he will stop and hiss at you.

He was a year and a half when he came into my yard and something has happened to him to make him skittish about his backside. But we have been working on that to build up trust. He never hisses at me anymore, but I always warn guests - so they act appropriately and go home just loving cats!!

All of my cats have been affectionate, but Rascal pushes it to the max and I love him to pieces.

AmberLee
11-07-2001, 07:31 PM
Snob? Sometimes
Sweetie? Usually

But think about it, your survey doesn't go far enough:

Adorable? Always

Dangerous? Occasionally

Deranged lunatic? Frequently

Lovable? Absolutely
:D :D

luvdemabys
11-08-2001, 08:22 PM
Pippin? A snob?? Why, if he had a fault, which of course he KNOWS he does not, he would say it is his execssive humility.