PDA

View Full Version : 2 Good Ideas

Andiphant
05-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Idea #1
I have been making Huey "ice pies" to keep him cool. I just fill up an aluminum pie pan with water and stick it in the freezer over night. When I'm ready to leave for work I give him the ice pie. Since it's such a big chunk it lasts much longer than just putting ice cubes in his water bowl.

Idea #2
They should invent a collar with one of those tiny cameras in it, so we can see what they are up to when we're away. Specifically I want to know if Huey is digging holes because he is after something, and if so what is it? Lizard, bug, mouse?

tatsxxx11
05-13-2004, 04:24 PM
The ice pies are a great idea, especially with summer coming! And oh.............wouldn't I love a doggie cam:D I know the girls are already plotting their day, long before I'm gone:D

anna_66
05-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Wonderful idea about the ice pie!

And oh yes, I'd just love to have a doggie cam:D

MariaM
05-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Ice pies are a good idea but... lets say about in July. It snowed here on Wednesday or something:rolleyes:

Andiphant
05-16-2004, 01:09 PM
It snowed at my parents house on mother's day too! They live in interior Alaska.

veegan
05-16-2004, 01:55 PM
hehe Id love to see what the dogs do all day too. my sister & brother in law set up their video camera one day so they could see what their dog did. it was so long ago I forget exactly what they said she did but they said it was so funny to watch her. :) I think she basically just moseyed around the house, took a few naps, etc.

Fallon
05-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Ice pies seem like a good idea and probably very enjoyable and refreshing for our puppies. They may even have fun playing with it..? The collar with camera on it sounds good too but i somehow think that something would end up blocking out exactly what I wanted to see (with my luck) and the camera would get broken with my dog max rough housing with my grandma's dog lol

Kfamr
05-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Wonderful "ice pie" idea! I'd try it with my pups, but they're not outside often (and come into the cold AC when they want), and when they are outside and get thirsty they drink out of the birdbath! :p

The doggie came idea is also neat, with my two you'd see a whole lot of nothing! I have a feeling they lay around the house while we're gone. On our beds. :p

Andiphant
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
when they are outside and get thirsty they drink out of the birdbath! :p

Huey drinks out of the birdbath too. I swear he thinks it is a special bowl designed to be at the perfect height for him!