PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Kitty Jewelry Thief

prechrswife
05-13-2004, 10:56 AM
I was sitting here at the computer with my precious little kitty girl, Chloe, in my lap. I stopped surfing on PT long enough to answer a phone call. While I was on the phone, my sweet little kitty turned around, reached up, and pulled my earring out of my ear! Ouch!:( What a nawteekat! (...and I still can't find the back to my earring.:) )

AmberLee
05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Ow! I'm cringing in sympathy. Hope your ear's okay and the backing is NOT in the cat...

CatMama78
05-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Chloe, did you think meowmie's earring was a toy because it was dangling??? Ouch, you hurt your poor meowmie!

prechrswife,

I do hope it's not too painful.

catnapper
05-13-2004, 02:57 PM
LOL! Pouncer likes to nibble on my earrrings! He's so sweet and tickles! I usually stop him right away though - I don't have much jewelry and would like to keep the few pieces I've got! :D

CatMama78
05-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Have you noticed how lots of clothes have ties and strings hanging down from them now, like cargo pant and shirts tie at the wrists lately. I have a lot of those clothes and I always forget, but Wilber just loves to play with them. I get irritated, but then I remember how tempting it must be for a little kitty when what he sees are not clothes, but rather toys for a handsome young guy!

catnapper
05-13-2004, 04:21 PM
LOL... I have quite a few draw string shorts and Pouncer seems to love to follow me into the bathroom and then sits and plays with the string while.. umm... you know. Now I understand WHY he loves to follow us to the potty! :D

prechrswife
05-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the sympathy. Fortunately, she didn't do any damage to my ear.

Yes, the earrings were dangling. I am usually more careful with Chloe. She likes to play with whatever necklace that I happen to be wearing, so I always tuck it inside my shirt. I just didn't think about the fact that my earrings were dangling.

BTW, my husband found the back this evening, with the bottom of his foot, I might add. At least it's not inside of the kitty!:)

lynnestankard
05-14-2004, 05:07 AM
OUCH!
That's got to make your eyes water!:eek:

Glad to hear the back of the earring maybe embedded in hubby's foot but NOT in Chloe's tummy :D :D

Lynne

Pam
05-14-2004, 06:37 AM
My Andy did that to me a couple of years ago when I was wearing a hoop earring in my ear. They weren't even large hoops but he just reached up, ever so methodically, and pulled it right out of my ear. I never did find it. (I probably eventually vacuumed it up without knowing it) :rolleyes:

catmandu
05-14-2004, 09:05 AM
When I used to dress up , I had to hide the Cuff Links as Smokie thought that they were toys , and would hide them , on the few occcaisons , that I needed them!

Catsnclay
05-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Ah yes, we have experienced this too.......only Yoshi ate the diamond stud, and the back fell on me.

:eek: :o

After calling my Vet, she told me to wait 24 - 48 hours, then......the WORST job ever........:eek: ........look through the poop. Luckily I could pretty much tell who's poop is who's :rolleyes: and we did find the earring.

No, it never went back in my ear............:rolleyes: :)