PDA

View Full Version : The vibe at my house...

Twink
05-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Rizzo says, “Put ‘em up; put ‘em up! I’ll beat ya standin’ on one foot. I’ll beat ya with one paw tied behind my back. Put ‘em up….” ;)
http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/jrhillge/fight11.jpg

And don’t let Mr. Innocent Barliman’s appearance fool you. He started it!

They do this alllllllll the time. It’s not *fighting* fighting, and I’m not the least bit worried about them hurting each other. They don’t really seem to want to hurt each other. But at the same time, it’s not quite play, either. Is this normal? :confused:

I was having fun with the camera yesterday, and I got like 12 pics of this “fight.” I might post the whole sequence for you some evening when I have the time. It’s kind of amusing. :D

Barbara
05-13-2004, 07:49 AM
LOL: this is EXACTLY what Tigris tells Filou!

And Filou starts it most of the time:D

Same constellation- I just can't believe it:) :D

catnapper
05-13-2004, 07:50 AM
My boys LOVE each other and you'll see them rolling on the floor biting each other. To them its play. When you start hearing the serious growling and hissing, then you can start to worry, but the body language there doesn't seem to be threatening. They seem to be enjoying some buddy-buddy rough housing. :)

catcrazylady
05-13-2004, 07:54 AM
This is the "Stand off, dirty look, I could whip you if I wanted too, lets get this pecking order straight" stance! They are so funny and I think it's wonderful that you don't have to worry about them hurting each other. One of these days it will start like this and somehow will end up in play. I hope! A little fur may fly but I think these two are going to be buds!
They look so darn cute together that they eventually must become snuggle friends!!! PLEASE!!

sirrahbed
05-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Twink
They do this alllllllll the time. It’s not *fighting* fighting, and I’m not the least bit worried about them hurting each other. They don’t really seem to want to hurt each other. But at the same time, it’s not quite play, either. Is this normal? :confused:

would the sequence look like this? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42681&highlight=wrestling)
Dylan and Eliot do the very same thing, day in and day out! This has been going on for five months :D I think is it quite normal!! They are just now starting to settle in and cuddle a bit. Dylan actually grooms Eliot often, but Eliot won't return the favor! He obviously enjoys his turn immensely, but then he swats Dylan!! :D :D :D :D

CatMama78
05-13-2004, 08:25 AM
.They do this alllllllll the time. It’s not *fighting* fighting, and I’m not the least bit worried about them hurting each other. They don’t really seem to want to hurt each other. But at the same time, it’s not quite play, either. Is this normal?

Yes!!! My guys do this ALL the time, It's a nightly ritual, it usually starts off as 'social grooming', which becomes a little harsher into light fighting, then suddenly it's paws up and airplane ears!!uh umm, that which I call brotherly love (a blind mommy is a happy mommy :))....OR they fight over who gets the top seat in the cat tree....as soon as I can save up enough, I'm getting a second one, although I have sneaking suspicion they will still fight over the top seat...My boys are so cute..they fight and snuggle, then fight and snuggle, sometimes in the middle of a tussle, they give up and collapse into each other and fall asleep snuggling, lol - I think they are secretly best buddies.

catmandu
05-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Moose The Magnificent , and JJJ3 do thisALL The Time , only the other Day , JJJ3 got scratched in the mouth , and couldnt eat his Temptations!

prechrswife
05-13-2004, 10:30 AM
This is a regular event here, too!:)