PDA

View Full Version : Texas Meeting - McKinney Falls

aly
05-13-2004, 12:56 AM
I've talked to several people who want to meet again, so lets start organizing another meeting! The drive to McKinney Falls is easier for a lot of us so we're making it there this time (that is the same park we met in last October!). Here is the website for the park:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/mckinney/

Vote on which day(s) work best for you guys. I'm going to make the poll so you can only pick one option, but if you can make other days, just say so in your reply :)

I'm excited to see you all again and also meet some new people and dogs!

wolf_Q
05-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Maybe one of these days if I get a car worth having I'll make it down to Texas! I still have the bandanas I bought when I thought I was going to come before. :(

Hope lots of people come--take tons of pics!

Cincy'sMom
05-13-2004, 06:10 AM
I know Christy was upset that they missed the last Texas meeting and they will be on the road from May15-June 15. I have no idea if the other dates would work for them, but it would have to be the 20th or 27th for them to even think about it.

aly
05-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks Amy. I'm willing to wait until then for the chance of them making it. I can pretty much make it any Sunday so it works for me :)

Kfamr
05-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Ack! I wish I had wings so I could fly to every meeting.
Simba needs to meet his girlfriend, Lolly. :p

guster girl
05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm cool with any date. :) I'm off Sundays. YAY!!!!

guster girl
05-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Why is there an "x" on this thread? Just wondering what that meant! :)

aly
05-13-2004, 06:51 PM
I believe the X means you already voted in the poll (it also sometimes means a poll is closed).

guster girl
05-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh! I gotcha ( on the "x" thing ). thanks, aly.

Rottieluver45
05-15-2004, 05:03 PM
is this the same place we first met? Or is it different?

aly
05-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
is this the same place we first met? Or is it different?

Yup its that same park.

Rottieluver45
05-15-2004, 10:03 PM
I liked that park...well what I saw of it! :D I`ll probably be able to go. It's not far and there`s no school. YAY!!:D

ParNone
05-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi y'all!!

Which weekend is father's day?

Par...

guster girl
05-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Father's Day is June 20.

Cincy'sMom
05-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Father's Day is June 20

ParNone
05-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks Gustergirl and Cincy's Mom! Just wanted to make sure I didn't chose that weekend. The 27th sounds good then.

Par...

guster girl
05-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it's looking like everyone's cool with that last Sunday in June! That's plenty of time to plan..... :)

guster girl
05-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Are we still considering meeting in June? I hope so!

aly
05-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Are we still considering meeting in June? I hope so!

For sure :)

guster girl
05-27-2004, 08:26 PM
YAY! I'm so excited about meeting down there!

ParNone
05-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Oz and I are in! Maybe Gully, but more than likely just Oz and I. Not sure Gully'll be far enough in his training, for me to control both of them around the other dogs. And Murph is a lil' too unpredictable around strange dogs, so he's definitely spending the day with my Mom. I've got Gully signed up for a Saturday puppy class, so Sundays are better for me too. I voted for June 27th.

Par...

aly
05-29-2004, 12:21 AM
I am so excited that you can come, Par!!! :D :D I look forward to meeting you and Oz and Gully too if he comes!

Rottie - you guys have to come too!

(Kari - your PM box is full so a few of mine didn't go through)

Rottieluver45
05-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by aly

Rottie - you guys have to come too!

We`ll try! Believe me I`ll ask and ask and ask until I can`t anymore!! :D Oh yeah...I have summer school so If we might have to change the date PLEASE don`t make it during the week! :o PLEASE!!!!!

guster girl
05-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by aly

(Kari - your PM box is full so a few of mine didn't go through)

Yeah, I noticed that! SOrry! :( I deleted them all. And, sent you a pm. :)

molucass
05-30-2004, 03:37 PM
I really wish I could come, but again, its too far for me to go in my crummy car.. :(

I wish there was more people from Texas on here that lived closer to Houston!

Anyways, I hope you guys have fun! :)

guster girl
06-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Any more details about this meeting?

aly
06-03-2004, 06:33 PM
You farther away people can pick a time. I can be there anytime since its just 40 minutes or so from me.

Do we want to arrange eating there or not bother?

We should also pick a meeting spot and swap cell phone numbers.

guster girl
06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm cool with meeting at ten or eleven. I think it'll take me three or four hours to get there, but, I don't mind getting up early. :) It may be the first time I ever drink coffee, though! ;) I still don't have my phone turned back on, Aly, but, maybe by then, I will! My goal is to have it back by July. We'll see!

Rottieluver45
06-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by aly
You farther away people can pick a time. I can be there anytime since its just 40 minutes or so from me.

Do we want to arrange eating there or not bother?

We should also pick a meeting spot and swap cell phone numbers.

I`m okay with anytime, except late at night. :D

I think we should bring our own sncks cuz last time you brought all the food!!! We don `t want your grocery bill to hike up!

I already have yours!! :D

ParNone
06-07-2004, 06:50 PM
10 or 11's fine with me too. I have no idea what my cell phone number is. I'll have to PM that after I look it up. What exactly do y'all do? Just stand around visiting near a picnic table or do you hike around with the dogs? Do you just hang around for a couple of hours? or more? All that would kind of determine what I'd bring food wise and drink wise.

Par...

aly
06-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Its up to you guys on what we do. Last time at McKinney Falls, I had my foster puppies so we were sorta stuck at the picnic tables and on blankets. When I met Kari in Dallas, the hiking trails were closed due to rain, but we let the dogs swim around in the lake. I'm up for hiking or sitting, whatever the majority of you all want to do!

Dakota's Mommy
06-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm really excited that we really might get to come to this one! I had mentioned something to Brian after Amy told me the idea of a meeting in June and he sounded up for it as long as he has the time off work! They usually get the weekends, but just coming back from deployment and getting the vehicles back, we're not sure when his schedule will look like! But as long as he's off, we're up for it. Not sure who all will get to come, but I'm pretty sure Destiny will have to stay home do to her uneven temperment with meeting new dogs, especially while on a leash! But, guess we'll have to wait and see closer to then about all the details! Just please, keep me updated so I know what's going on with the plans!:D :D

aly
06-08-2004, 02:26 PM
We will definately keep you updated! I'd love it if you guys could make it :)

Rottieluver45
06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Ahhh...memories! :D

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/dazigyrl/Pets/groupshot.jpg

guster girl
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm fine with whatever and whenever. :) I'll sit in one spot and just talk all day, and, I'm fine with hiking all day, too. :) This is going to be fun! YAY!

ParNone
06-09-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm cool with whichever too. I'll just come prepared for both. Hopefully with all the rain, the creeks'll be high and maybe Lolly and Finn can entice Oz to go swimming... or... he might just hang out with Reece on the shore. :)

Par...

Rottieluver45
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
PJ and Baiely hate water so they`ll be on the shore too! :D

guster girl
06-09-2004, 07:39 PM
If there's a water puddle, Finn will be in it. :) I know yesterday, he ran errands with me, and, when we got home, he jumped out of the car and went straight into a rainwater puddle by my car. That was great. ;)

guster girl
06-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Any more definite plans on this meeting? I'm excited! Who's going for sure? Finn and I will be there!

aly
06-17-2004, 01:12 AM
I will be there for sure :) Reece and Lolly will too! Not sure if I'm dragging along the ol' boyfriend or not :D

ParNone
06-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Oz and I are still in, unless it's still raining, come next weekend. Don't think I'm bringing Gully. I tried to walk him and Oz together a few nights ago and that didn't work out so good.

aly
06-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Weather looks good so far as far as rain goes ... only problem is it will be hot so everyone be sure to bring lots of water!

guster girl
06-22-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm so excited! I'm hoping to have someone with me, but, for sure, Finn and I will be there! :)

Rottieluver45
06-22-2004, 07:49 PM
uhhhhh...bad news...we can`t come again!! I`m sorry Ireally wanna come but we hve to go down to abilene for a "late Happy Father`s Day" for my grandfather.:( Ya`ll have fun and take lots of pics! :(

aly
06-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Aw, sorry you can't make it :(

Are the rest of us still planning on meeting at 11:00? I am petsitting for a friend Sat night/Sun morning, but I can still time it to be at the park by 11, I'll just leave earlier to check on my friend's dogs.

ParNone
06-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Oz and I are still planning on coming. Not sure how long we're going to be able to stay though. I'd planned on my Mom watching out for Murph and Gully for the day and she forgot and made some other plans, so I'm still working out some logistics with her. If it was just Murph, I wouldn't worry. But not too sure about Gully being left to his own devices all day just yet.

How's the weather there? It's still raining here pretty much everyday and is suppose to rain this weekend.

11's fine with me.

Par...

guster girl
06-23-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm still on for eleven! Ugh, that's gonna stink waking up that early! Finn will probably sleep the whole way there, lucky dog! :)

aly
06-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Par, we will probably have some extra people who can help you with either Gully or Oz if you'd feel more comfortable bringing Gully along. My boyfriend could take both my dogs and I could help you with one of yours if you want. Do whatever you feel most comfortable with though :)

ParNone
06-25-2004, 01:36 PM
thanks aly! I might bring him. See how he does in his first puppy class tomorrow, before I decide.

Par...

aly
06-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Uh oh guys :( The weather isn't looking so good.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/78748?dayNum=2

Since I live the closest, I will make it no matter what. But I feel bad for you guys driving from Houston and Dallas. I wouldn't want you to get here and have to turn right back around because of bad storms.

Either we could think of a backup plan or post-pone to a later date I guess? Its up to you guys though, I'm game for anything.

guster girl
06-25-2004, 08:50 PM
You know me. :) I'm there, rain or shine.

ParNone
06-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi guys!

Based on the weather, I think Oz and I are gonna sit this one out. I really don't want to drive that far in the rain and Oz isn't real gung ho about being out in the rain either. Sorry guys... We'll catch the next one.

Par...

aly
06-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Completely understood, Par! I am sorry that we picked a rainy weekend again :( I wouldn't want to drive all that way either, especially if my dog didn't like rain. Now even more excitement and anticipation will be building up until I get to meet you and your sweet doggies! Well, the only good thing is that maybe Gully will be more ready for the next meeting.

Kari - What do you want to do? Since its just going to be you and I there now , I'd hate to make you drive all that way. You are welcome to come to my house or Josh's though if the weather is just terrible. Or else we can plan for another weekend? Maybe then Dakotasmommy and Rottie could come too.

guster girl
06-26-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm cool with coming out tomorrow. And, another time. :) I wouldn't even mind driving, turning around, and, coming home. It's better than sitting in front of the tv. ;) At least I'll be out of the house and hanging with my pooch. He likes the car, so, it's no big deal. If it's raining, sure, we can hang out at your place or even hang out at the local Petco or Petsmart. :) It's all good! :)

ParNone
06-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi aly!

Gully did pretty good in his puppy class today, so I should be able to bring him to the next meeting. Course with the two of them together, who knows how out of control he'd be. But I was mainly worried about walking on the leash, and that if I brought him, I'd end up carrying him. He did really good on the leash today though. No lagging behind and stopping. By the next outing he might be running around pulling or weaving and circling, but I shouldn't have to worry about carrying him.

You guys have fun! Look forward to the pics.

Par...

aly
06-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Kari,

Please drive VERY carefully! If you want to leave earlier or later, that is cool with me, just post a message, pm, or call me with the time you left. I'll meet you just past the entrance again and we can find somewhere to go from there. If its raining really hard, I'll pull over on the side of the road right before the park entrance and wait (if we go into the park, its $2 a car I believe). I had another idea that we could go up to my parents' new house. They're out of town in Canada and wouldn't mind if we hung out there. There's an awesome view and a pool Finn can swim in if there's no lightning. We can also go by Groovy Dog Bakery and/or the petstores. Josh picked up a magazine with dog-friendly restaurants we could grab lunch at and have the dogs on the patio with us if its not raining.

Par - Awww, I'm so glad Gully was good! :) I can't wait for the next meeting! I hope you have a good day tomorrow and try not to drown in all this rain!

aly
06-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey Kari,

Josh is really sick today so I'm at his apartment taking care of him. I have my phone though so call me whenever you want. I PM'd you the number in case you lost it.

slick
06-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Where is San Angelo, TX? Anywhere near you?? I have a friend who lives there and I'm thinking of starting to save up to visit her next year. I know it's a long way off but was hoping to coordinate it around PT meeting.

zippy-kat
06-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by slick
Where is San Angelo, TX? Anywhere near you?? I have a friend who lives there and I'm thinking of starting to save up to visit her next year. I know it's a long way off but was hoping to coordinate it around PT meeting.

:D Hey! I have a wedding to go to in San Angelo in July 2005 (or is it June... forgot now :o )!

It's only about 3hrs away from me!

aly
06-28-2004, 11:28 PM
San Angelo is pretty far from me, but I can still arrange to make it!