PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Magoo

catcrazylady
05-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Several of you have asked about the vicious varmit so I thought I had better update. I guess there isn't really much to tell and that is why I havent posted lately. He is still in his cage and gets his nightly hour roam. We haven't done anything different yet. I'm trying to take everyone's advice and take things slowly. My plan is that this weekend I will bring Leroy into the room. I will have squirt bottle in hand! I'm sure Magoo will attack him and I will just have to drench the little guy! If I can get that to work then we will do that for a few weeks before I bring in another cat and then so on and so on.
Here are some pictures of the little guy. He is cute! Don't get to attached to him though folks because no matter how positive I try to remain there is a gut feeling that he isn't going work out here. I'm trying but I'm so afraid that nine cats is going to be more than he can bear.
btw/He still tries to bite but I think it is more in play right now. We just stop messing with him if he opens his mouth.
Ok, now on to some new Magoo photo's.

Magoo plays shoe string
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pe004cd98c0c77cdade5a1f0297c72209/f8b06bba.jpg

Attempting to shred my chair!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pea9acb9dffefe781ff57ea9b010c258e/f8b06baf.jpg

He is eating his treats
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p9d7e2c126884ce87ef99233fac86a4a9/f8b06ba5.jpg

Taking a bath
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p0085169b22a40aa0bdc9fe444cfd758a/f8b06b96.jpg

Sitting at the bottom of my chair "looking" at me.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p6ccf1b20eee5e452c8deb0e0ccb2b590/f8b06b8c.jpg

This is when he usually looks so sad and innocent like "Please pet me" but chances are you will get bit.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pdc7d17759b656ad69535e499f0375064/f8b06b79.jpg

This is Mr. Magoo remembering how good I tasted!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/pff0f3452402c738f1d026c6958c56ffb/f8b06b66.jpg

It's hard to believe he has a nasty streak isn't it? He is a cute little fellow and I keep praying that it somehow works.

guster girl
05-12-2004, 08:37 PM
He really is beautiful! I'm sure that he will have a good home somewhere, even if you all can't keep him. He tugs so hard at my heart strings, I wish I could take him for you! How old is he, anyway?

catcrazylady
05-12-2004, 08:45 PM
The vet estimates he is around 7 yrs old. In some ways he seems younger but in others he seems older.
He does like to play (very rough) and he is getting braver every day. Tonight he actually jumped up on the toilet! Getting down wasn't so easy but he did it.
I wish I could find him a perfect and wonderful home. Maybe it will be here but I have serious doubts!

guster girl
05-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Well, you will know what to do with him. As long as he doesn't get put to sleep if you can't keep him! That would be terrible. But, you've done a lot for him already. Just keep us posted on what you decide.

Laura's Babies
05-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I was not at all prepared for how pretty he is, even after seeing the first ones you posted of him awhile back. He is some beautiful!! He looks like he is a small boy, is he as small as the pic's show?

Now, I want to know, if he is blind, HOW did he judge how to jump up on the toilet? That is amazing! I think he is an amazing cat, look at what all he has survived already. I sure hope it works out there with you, it'll just take time, I hope. Maybe one day, he'll get one of Oprah's "LIGHT BULB MOMENTS" and realize he has it made and he better go with the flow! Good luck with him!

Fallon
05-12-2004, 10:01 PM
I think he is really beautiful and I wish I could take care of him for you. I think you should keep trying though and not give up on him. He deserves a good home..

Grace
05-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks so much for the update. I've been wondering how you all were doing. Our newest is about 7 years old, and he has just one eye.

I admire you so much for all you've done with and for him.

lisalee
05-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Prayers sent that Mr. Magoo has a forever home with you. ;) He's absolutely adorable! I would love to give him a big kiss.

Lisa & Sash

moosmom
05-12-2004, 10:55 PM
CCL,

Thanks for the update. He really is a beautiful boy! I think what you're doing and what you have done so far are wonderful! I do hope it works out for all of you. But I'm glad you're at least being realistic to the fact that it just might NOT work out. My Dad always said, "Expect the worst so you won't be disappointed." If it does not work out, do NOT feel guilty. You have done everything possible for this little guy. He has alot of challenges ahead of him.

Take your time, hang in there and follow your heart. No one, and I mean NO ONE can blame you for that!

(((hugs)))

Donna

jazzcat
05-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the update. He's such a beautiful boy with an adorable face. It's hard to believe he has so much biting attitude. I'm still praying it works out.

trayi52
05-12-2004, 11:53 PM
I agree with Donna 100%, you do what you think, take your time. If it works out then it works out, but I know you will do the right thing, and you know it has to be right for you and your other furbabies. I think what you have done so far, is great.

I thought that picture where you said "This is Mr. Magoo remembering how good I tasted! " was so funny. But I remember those horrible bites he gave you! How are those bites healing up, are they still sore? I know bites from cats hurt worse than any bite you will ever receive, and just as painful as having a baby!

Take care of yourself and your family of furbabies. I am still thinking about you, and still behind whatever you decide to do.

Willie:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the update. I was also wondering how he was doing. Hopefully everything will work out but if not just remember that you've done everything possible for him. Good luck and please keep us updated.:)

catcrazylady
05-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks everyone again for all you support and understanding. You all are the BEST!

Now, I want to know, if he is blind, HOW did he judge how to jump up on the toilet? That is amazing!
He went into the bathroom and stood like a squirrel and stretched his paws way out to feel the space. Fortunately the lid was down!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif Then he just jumped right up there! I was worried about him getting down but I left that to him. I wasn't looking but heard a big KATHUD and then he came strolling out of the bathroom. Now if he tries that tonight thinking everything is all clear he may be in some trouble because it is rare for the lid to be down! We may have a toidy Magoo!

My arm is almost completely healed now. There is still some tenderness when I turn my wrist a certain way but I think that will soon be gone. As a friendly reminder I got my hospital bill in the mail yesterday. Just the hospital was $698.00. UNBELIEVABLE! Insurance should cover the majority and I hope I just have to pay the co-pay. GEESH, the little brat!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-13-2004, 06:27 AM
HE IS JUST SOOOOO CUTE!!!

It is HARD to believe he has a mean streak.. but i guess i would be too if I couldn't see or speak the language of the person who took me in... poor little guy..

But in the mean time it looks like he is really having a fun time at your house.. I am sure he can feel how much you love him..

the picture of him *lookin* up at you on the chair is just too adorable... Mr. Magoo looks so cuddly!!!!:)

Thanks for the update!!!.. *KISSES* for Mr. Magoo.. and your other kitties too!!:)

Barbara
05-13-2004, 06:32 AM
He looks so cute. I still think he isn't a bad boy- just very mixed up and blind:(

There are these kitties who bite after they get too excited and it can turn into real aggression. I have some scars on my wrist from a guy who used to visit our London sister company and spend the day there until his purrsons came home from work. I petted him and from one second to the other he held and bit:eek: I didn't move my hand before he let it go- so I still have it ;)

It was definitely not so deep as yours and I didn't have to go to the hospital but it was enough so that I'll never forget.

I hope something works out for him. He deserves so much to be a happy kitty:) It is so great what you do for that boy:)

lynnestankard
05-13-2004, 06:59 AM
CCL - thanks for the update on Mr Magoo - I still think he's a gorgeous furboy and it's so sad he resorts to biting - I'm sure he's had a terrible experience along the way - it must be so difficult for him being blind - he can't judge things and realise hoomans don't want to hurt him - just play nice.
I think you're doing a wonderful job with him and hope his 'furever' home comes along very soon {{{Hugs}}} to you both xxx

Lynne

catlover4ever
05-13-2004, 07:14 AM
CCL, thank you for your update on Mr. Magoo. I have been trying to catch up since being back and did not see any updates on him. I h ave to say that I truely beleive you are dong the best that anyone could offer for Mr. Magoo. I will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way that everything can work out.

Meg

catmandu
05-13-2004, 08:48 AM
You are to be commended , for what you are doing , for this Poor Cat! And we ,at the Found cats hope that some of Mr. Scrappys gentleness , will rub off , on Scrappy Paddington Magoo , and that he will stop biting! Dont be afraid Big Guy , you are in your Furr Ever Home!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the update. After reading through 8 or 9 pages of posts and not seeing and update, I was starting to wonder no more. Sounds like he's doing good and maaaayybe starting to get the idea that biting is not good, and once he gets the squirt bottle treatment he should really get the idea. You figure he has to be one smart cat to have survived this long....so hopefully it won't take long for things to sink in and he starts behaving.

He sure is adorable though.;) :D

Oh, and as for the $698.00 hospital bill - ouch! But they are always inflated when you first get them. I be the total comes to less than $300.00 after the insurance company pays their "agreed on" amount with the hospital bill. This is currently one of my pet peeves about hospitals and doctors. They SO overcharge everyone unless you have insurance. And most people don't know that if you don't have insurance and you tell them you're having financial difficulties, a lot of the time they will reduce the bill - but only if you ask. Just grinds on me. :mad: