PDA

View Full Version : The cutest kitty sounds... :)

Kirsten
05-12-2004, 03:30 PM
There are so many sounds coming from my girls that make my heart melt...

For example I love these little chirping sounds that they use to communite with each other.

Or these sweet little sounds Luna is making when she's asking for her breakfast. It sounds so shy and cute! :)

Another sound I really love also comes from Luna when she's sighing in her sleep. Hard to resist the wish to cuddle her and wake her up!

Lily is such a cutie pie when she's yawning. She would often start talking right before the yawn, and when her mouth opens, the sound she's making becomes really high-pitched and cute! It's so funny! :)

And I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I just LOVE the sound of a cat eating! Especially dry food. I love to listen to that during the night, when it's all dark and all you hear is that crunching sound... heartwarming to know that your fur kid is probably very happy while eating! :)

Or do you just think I love my kitties too much? LOL ;)

Kirsten

aki
05-12-2004, 03:42 PM
How about when they sneeze?? Chuckie sneezes like a new born baby~ It's sooooo cute!
He also snores very sweetly. No matter when I wake up in the night, I always know where he is by the snores.

Twink
05-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten

Or do you just think I love my kitties too much? LOL ;)

Kirsten

No such thing! ;)

I know what you mean about cute sounds. Rizzo has a HUGE vocabulary, and he uses it all frequently! He's a blabbermouth. Mostly, he wails. But he also chirps when he's feeling sociable, grunts/huffs when he's frustrated (I love that one! It's like "nnf! nnf nnf nnf!" I've never heard any other cat do it), cries like a baby if he wants down, howls when he carries his seals, and once, when I walked into the bathroom and he was in the tub, I looked down at him and said "Hey Rizzo!" and I *swear* he looked up and me and said "Yeah?" Everything he says makes me happy, as long as it's not 2 a.m. :D

Barliman doesn't say much, but he has a very high-pitched, tiny voice, so when he does talk, it's very cute. He actually said "Mew." the other day. How cliched is that? ;)

Kirsten
05-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Yes, the sneezing is cute, but my girls never snore... :)

Kirsten

Kirsten
05-12-2004, 03:48 PM
It's like "nnf! nnf nnf nnf!" I

Ahhh, I think I know what you mean!! :)

BTW, when Luna disagrees with something (when she's being held and doesn't want to) she would make a sound that's kind of a triad, something like eh-eh-eh... hard to describe!

And awww, Barliman... how sweet is that? :)

Kirsten

aki
05-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Chuck has a big vocabulary too! He has known to say Mom and Nooooo! If I walk away to another room and he dosen't realize it at the time, he will wail (like they do in the car) until he finds me. Do your cats also do that chirpy, teeth chattering thing when they see bugs or birds?

Twink
05-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by aki
Chuck has a big vocabulary too! He has known to say Mom and Nooooo! If I walk away to another room and he dosen't realize it at the time, he will wail (like they do in the car) until he finds me. Do your cats also do that chirpy, teeth chattering thing when they see bugs or birds?

No, you know I've never heard that sound. I've heard OF it....does anyone whose cats do that have the capability of posting videos?

CatMama78
05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I think your love for your girls is purrrrfectly wonderful.

My Wilber is such a loud mouth! He meows when you're not paying enough attention to him, I swear he's saying "ME" And when I respond back with meows, he gets even louder. He also has a very loud purr box, and it really is like a massage (see quote :)) - it just makes me genuinely happy, the louder the better....I ask him if he swallowed an engine.

Oreo hardly ever meows, only when he notices the light pull hanging from the ceiling fan, he'll let out a "er er er", OR when I give them their soft food treats (Sophisticat, any flavor), then Oreo starts a very soft mewing - also a good cheer me up method. Sometimes he lets out a huff if he jumps down a good distance. When he purrs it can get pretty loud, too. He's momma's little love dove.

Cataholic
05-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I have several kitties that make that strange sound when watching birds or squirrels! My mom and I call it "breaking the neck" sounds. It isn't quiet chattering, but, close to it.

Allie does the cry that turns into a yawn, and it is adorable.

Georgie does that "let me down" noise, where she doesn't open her mouth, it isn't growling, but, it is the noise that shows irritation. He he he..I love making her do it.

Steffi N
05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Lovable's meow is one of the sweetest sounds in the world. :)

catcrazylady
05-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Mine are all vocal at times but Leroy is my big mouth! He chirps and chatters to anyone who will listen! He very rarely meows he just likes to talk about everything!
Sammy is very vocal when he wants something.
Peanut Butter has the tiniest little meow for such a big boy!
Stubby has a whiney meow and that is usually what she is doing.
Lucky can't hardly meow at all. He has a horse, gruff sound.
Maggie Sue makes herself known in many ways with many sounds!
Pepper Jack is a talker too but mostly at supper and when he wants my attention.
Pervy has the sweetest most pathetic meow you could imagine! She only does it when she wants me to run to the rug and love her.
Pete has the most obnoxious, loud, and irritating meow I've ever heard! I give him whatever he wants just to make him stop!
Magoo has a sweet little meow, you would never know he was so mean!

RICHARD
05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
When Ed's asleep i'll go by and touch him....

He'll go, "Mrrt?"

It means, "What the *%#@*% is going on?"

Kirsten
05-14-2004, 01:44 PM
He'll go, "Mrrt?"

It means, "What the *%#@*% is going on?

LOL, mine are doing the same, it's a sweet sound! :)

Kirsten

RedHedd
05-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Mishi is my singing cat and makes noise all the time. The cutest is when he "mutters" under his breath .... usually at a half-empty food bowl. It really sounds like he's grumbling or puzzled at what's in his bowl.

Mitzi has the cutest little mew and sometimes when she gets overexcited at treat time she'll give me those sweet silent mews where her mouth opens and nothing I can hear comes out. She also "mrrt's" if I touch her while she's sleeping - I LOVE that sound!

This morning Mishi also gave me a "mrrt" - that's a first from him. They really are copycats!

eclipseisafatty
05-14-2004, 03:50 PM
My cat does the same chirping teeth chattering thing when she sees bugs...AND pigeons on the balcony. It's hilarious! She also moans like a human baby when she's being held or has just woke up. It's too cute.