PDA

View Full Version : My little guard kitty...

NoahsMommy
10-15-2001, 10:03 PM
Last week, I was coming home late and asked my mother in law to come and feed Noah. When she got here, Noah ran to the door thinking it was my hubby or I. When he realized it was not, he started hissing and growling at her!

How funny is that? I have my very own guard kitty! :)

Cougie Wechsler
10-15-2001, 10:33 PM
What a sweetie, defending his house!!!

zippy-kat
10-16-2001, 12:31 AM
LOL Good job, Noah! lol

Ok two 'guard' stories from me...

1) One night, Momma Kitty woke me up jumping on the bed. She curled up on my stomach (I was on my back). I fell back asleep, but woke up to something rumbling. I keep feeling this weird vibration and hearing a low 'squeaky' noise. I finally figured out she was growling. Sleepily, I tried to focus on what she was growling at--at the edge of the bed, were two paws and two ears just peeping over the corner. Momma Kitty wasn't letting the other cat on the bed! lol

2)Just recently, I was laying in the floor watching Sophie play. Mom came in and pretended to step on me. I faked an agonizing squeal and groan. Sophie comes runnin' full tilt out from underneath the bed, jumps on me, and growls at Mom! lol For those of you who have never heard a bunny growl, it sounds like a really small piggie grunt! lol I have my very own attack bunny! lol (Think I'll nickname her Bonecrusher! lol)

purrley
10-16-2001, 06:52 AM
This is so cool - my Panda Bear is the same way even to the point of roaring like a lion when strangers come around. I've put a mat outside saying "Warning Attack Cat On Duty" :D :D

Former User
10-16-2001, 07:00 AM
LOL good job Noah! :D :D

wolflady
10-16-2001, 12:12 PM
Zippy and Noah's mommy...how funny is that?? I was just rollin when I read your stories. I can just picture it now...little Noah with fur all frazzled out and a big puffy tail when he realized his mistake..(in kitty talk..."I meant to do that..I knew it wasn't my mom or dad coming in..honest!")
Zippy...that is way too funny about mamma kitty keeping the other kitty off the bed! LOL LOL and a growling bunny! It's priceless! ;)

Former User
10-17-2001, 05:14 AM
Yeah, can't say the same about our cats. When they hear someone coming, they run to hide behind the telly... :rolleyes:
Oh well, they're cats, if we wanted a guard to the house, we would have gotten a d** ;)

tuxluvr
10-29-2001, 11:46 AM
This is from the "extreme guard kitty" post on other subject...but a cute "attack cat" story nonetheless!

When Ritz was about 6 months old, one Saturday morning I decided to put hot rollers in my normally straight hair and "go curly". I unrolled and brushed out the full head of curls and went downstairs and sat on the chair, only to be IMMEDIATELY assaulted by Ritz! She darted across the room, up the back of the chair, up my back and began clawing and chewing the curly mass (and my scalp). My spouse extracted her from my hair, took her to the other side of the room and put her down, only to have her once again dart over and attack my head!!!

It was hilarious to watch, I'm sure, but we couldn't get her to stop. After the THIRD time (I was standing and she crawled up my clothes like they were velcro, and perched atop my head and started clawing away), my spouse said "go wash your hair and dry it normally before the cat goes nuts and you get scratched to bits!" Sure enough, that did the trick!

So, apparently, with the addition of Ritz to our home, an added bonus is a built in "fashion critic".