PDA

View Full Version : "Rottweilers always turn on their owners"

wolf_Q
05-11-2004, 10:28 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard...

Melissa told me this story earlier this evening. Apparently this morning she was taking Bear for a walk. Bear is a large black labrador retriever. She was turning the corner and this lady was standing there staring at her. Their conversation went something like this:

(lady) "That dog is going to turn on you."
(melissa) "What??"
(lady) "Rottweilers always turn on their owners."
(melissa) "This is a labrador retriever"
(lady) "I don't care he's still vicious looking and he's going to turn on you."
(melissa) "Umm...ok..I don't appreciate you assuming things about my dog. He's the nicest dog in the world, come pet him and you'll see."
(lady) "Fine, don't listen to me...I was just trying to WARN you! Big dogs always turn on their owners!"

:rolleyes:

Kfamr
05-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes, just look at Anna's Angus about to turn on her!
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CA7014898_7.jpg

Watch out, Anna, he's VICIOUS!!!

guster girl
05-11-2004, 10:40 PM
People are so ignorant. And, how rude for her to just come out and say something like that. Sounds like she's liable to be the viscious one. Mean people suck.

trayi52
05-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Oh no! You mean Dana is going to turn on me? Wow, sounds like that woman is very misinformed. I have always had large breed dogs, Dobermans, Rottweilers, never have I had one to even growl at me, or any of the family. The Doberman was very protective of the family. Dana, my Rottweiler, has never even barked at a human being. Thieves and whatever could come, and you know what she would do? She would crawl into their laps and try to get them to pet her! I just feel so safe!:rolleyes: Kind of funny to see people drive up and they are scared of her, as she goes running out to meet them wagging her tail at them.

Yes I would say that was one ignorant woman, I wonder where she was educated? My Chihuahua's pose more of a danger than Dana does. You have to be really careful at my house, you are in grave danger of having your ankles and toes chewed off!;)

Willie

Fallon
05-11-2004, 10:59 PM
What a rude lady.. must be a bit senile. I like Rottweilers.. and no specific dog ever turns on their owner it just depends on the dog and the dogs life.

lovemyshiba
05-11-2004, 11:05 PM
This sure does look like the face of a big meanie doesn't it:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pf229ba2385aac85d33e0c3b60304c2fd/faf97693.jpg

Unfortuantely, this isn't the first time I've heard this:(

When we got Jada, I was telling everyone at work about her, one guy I work with said "Oh my God, I can't believe you got a rottweiler--they always turn on their owners":rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure it has happened at some point, but I bet a few sweet little poodles have turned on their owners too.

Kito is the one to worry about in this house, anyway:D

captain
05-11-2004, 11:36 PM
I hear that too about the Rotties here in Aussie ...... :mad: grrrrrr narrow minded people!

shais_mom
05-11-2004, 11:44 PM
what an ignorant wench...
I have heard more people say that they didn't want their kids around yappy little dogs then big ones. :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
05-12-2004, 02:43 AM
:mad: The nerve of some people!

Probably 90% of the dogs at the pound I volunteer at consist of rottweilers, Pitbulls and Gsds. Not once have I had the slightest lip curl or growl. Then there's Kaedyn who is not a big dog nor a mean looking dog and yet, he was the first dog to growl at me and threaten me. Funny how that works. :rolleyes:

Pam
05-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Oh yes I shake in my boots when my 100 lb. *granddog* stops by. And do trust him with my grandson?? Never! :D :p :rolleyes:
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/DSCN5295.jpg

Canis Amicus
05-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Please, tell me more, I need to laugh today!!! LOL. Labs are the sweetest thing in this world. Yours is not exception.

BTW I love Angus, can I borrow him to make a duo with Rex (GSD)?

Some people are much more afraid of the color than the character of the dog!

I really needed my laugh today!!! Thanks.

Rosana
and
Rex

Corinna
05-12-2004, 07:47 AM
If that theroy is true boy am I in trouble with a Newfy. I have also had a rottie ,St.bernard and 2 other NewfysI must be just a small peice of Hamburger.

ramanth
05-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

Angus! no! ahhhhhh...help.. I'm being ....licked....to death... :D

catnapper
05-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Should I start running for my life from this:
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Nicki_and_hippy.jpg

She's a big dog, so she must be planning her attack on me. :rolleyes:

The woman is a MORON!

Logan
05-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Mine are planning their attack too! After all, big dogs always turn on their owners, right?? What a joke!!!!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Canis Amicus
Some people are much more afraid of the color than the character of the dog!

I agree with Canis Amicus--Someone on PT (sorry--I don't remember who) once shared that in shelters, the hardest dogs to find homes for are large and black. People assume they're mean.

I doubt rotties will "turn" on you, but I know they may *drool* on you! :D

trayi52
05-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Kona & Oreo's mom, That is the truth! We live in a county where there are two prisons. A few weeks ago, some prisoners escaped, and was thought to be in our area of the county. I told my husband, I feel so safe, if one of them comes around here, I know what will happen, that big mean lug we own will down him and lick him to death.

Some people are so misinformed, I have heard that saying all my life, had people tell me that so many times! I know better.

Willie:D

molucass
05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Everyone always tells me that Felony is going to turn on me... He's an american pit bull terrier..... Pit bulls are known to be dog aggressive, but they should never ever ever be agressive towards people.

When someone tells me he's going to turn on me, I say "Yeah, I know, I'm real worried." :rolleyes:

trayi52
05-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah, you can just look at that face and see that;) . He don't look like he would turn on a bug. Just got the sweetest face! Nah, I don't think there is any danger in Felony turning on you.

Willie

Cincy'sMom
05-12-2004, 11:45 AM
My neighbor and I were just talking about something similar a few weeks ago. He has an American Bulldog and had just got back from walking him in the park. He was talking about how people are always scared of Geroge. I said "of course, he is a big dog" He said he never thought as him as scary. I said I wouldn't either, but people think big dogs and black dogs are scary. I told him he would be shooked how many people are scared of Cincy and Sadie. He couldn't believe that either, knowing how good they are and that they are both therapy dogs.

Actaully in our therapy group a lot of our dogs are big dogs and/or black dogs. We have a rottie, a few mastiffs, and plenty of labs and shepherds. Scary stuff :rolleyes:

caseysmom
05-12-2004, 12:24 PM
I love rotties. I took casey to the dog park last night and another dog (I won't name the breed) but its a breed not having a bad rap and anyway it nipped at casey repeatedly ...does this every time we see it there and then the owner practically beats the dog in front of casey (who was abused before I got here) ...needless to say it took me an hour to calm her down and reassure her that she wasn't in trouble.

Then comes her best bud a rottie who is the sweetest girl in the world and a pitbull....that did nothing but play with her.

EssTer
05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
some people are so stupid....

My Peanuts
05-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I LOVE it when stupid people speak about things that they THINK they know about. They end up looking dumber! Stupid ignorant people! Some of the nicest dogs I’ve even known were big so-called “mean” breeds.

guster girl
05-12-2004, 04:18 PM
At the dog park, Finn and I met a really vicious 11-month old Rottweiler named Jack. They planned their attacks on me and Floyd (Jack's dad) the entire time they were frolicking together in the creek. Dang devil dogs. Geez.

CathyBogart
05-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Oh nooooo! Felony looks like he could...um...lick someone to death? :D

People are so ignorant, it's very sad...

chocolatepuppy
05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
My neighbors dad (he's elderly) asked me once how many people Lacey had bit :eek: She was just barking at him through the fence, only wanting him to come see her. Come to think of it my two big girls act kind of suspicious sometimes, I'll have to keep an eye on them.They could be waiting to pounce on me any moment!

Kfamr
05-12-2004, 08:57 PM
I went to the SPCA today... It was amazing how many Pit Bulls/Pit mixes I saw there. I've actually never seen so many... yet not ONE of them were mean.

It really sucks because even if I was able to, I wouldn't be allowed to adopt one because people are idiots and had to ruin their rep and dog owner's rep of owning such dogs..... therefor since we live pass some road, we're not able to adopt Pit Bulls from that shelter.

I'm almost sure, before we had Nala, we would have adopted a female pit bull puppy.. we even went to the office about her. But since we live an extra mile or so our of their district they would not allow us to adopt. You'd think they'd be willing to drive an extra mile to look up and check up on the home, especially if it was a good one. And especially since we drove so far just to visit that shelter.

Ahhh... one day I WILL have my purebred Pittie. :(

dappledoxie
05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Some people are soooo stupid. What a rude thing to do, just come up and say that about her pooch. Awful..

anna_66
05-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Oh yes, I've seen Angus plotting to turn on me for the last 12 years:rolleyes:
Oh please....give me a break!

PJ's Mom
05-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Look at that sweet face!! http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/F4/FF/A5F4FF/viewable/A5F4FF_131CA7014898_7.jpg

:D

My Rottie went through horrible abuse before we got him, and I never once worried about leaving him alone with my kids.

Why do some people insist on remaining so ignorant? :rolleyes:

Fox-Gal
05-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Yes my my big black Dane will turn on me in a sec. He will turn around and smack me with his happy wagging tail. :D :D ;) Or worse yet, he will try to flatten me by thinking he's a lap dog.

OH and don't forget about my Boxers, they will hug me to death, one day or drown me in drool.

I'm willing to take my chances! :D :D So what if i go by wipping of a tail, flatten by weight, huged to death or drowned in dog drool. I rather go that way then some of my other choises. ;) ;)

The woman is a idiot and should have keep her mouth shut instead of beliving in old wifes tails.

stacwase
05-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Do you think Max would like to eat me as is, or with gravy? I just want to make sure that he enjoys his meal as much as possible.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Some people are such idiots, and just don't love and appreciate dogs the way we dog. Rottweilers are WONDERFUL dogs!:)

heinz57_79
05-13-2004, 06:53 PM
I got the "OMG! Not a rottweiller!" when I told people at work that I got Arthur. I hate people who don't have the slightest clue about what their talking about. That's like going up to someone and saying, "Excuse me, your kid is going to grow up a criminal and drug addict. They always do." I went off on a chick once who walked by me as I was walking by with chloe and said, "Eew. Look at that. A mutt." By the time i was done with her she tucked tail and ran! LoL

Why are some people SOOOO stupid???

guster girl
05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
I went off on a chick once who walked by me as I was walking by with chloe and said, "Eew. Look at that. A mutt." By the time i was done with her she tucked tail and ran! LoL

OMG. I can't believe she'd say that. PM and tell me exactly what you said to her, I love when stuck up, pretentious people get put in their place. DId you say to your "Mutt", "eew.....look at that.... another female dog." ;)

trayi52
05-13-2004, 07:18 PM
stacwase, that is a good thing to know, because if Max wants you with gravy, you want to make sure you are walking around with gravy on you. When somebody ask, just say well some idiot said big dogs are mean and they are going to turn on us, and well Max likes gravy and I want to be prepared.

Idiotic people! I really can't believe how dumb they are, do you think they were just born stupid??

heinz57_79, I have been in love with Arthur from the first time I seen his baby pictures, when are we going to see more pictures of Arthur????? I would really like to see them before he licks you to death! ;)

Willie:D

MHMama
05-13-2004, 08:44 PM
and ignorant. Just like so many people think all chihuahuas are nippy and noisy. Dogs are as good or as bad as their owners make them.

http://www.dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=36009

http://www.dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=36011

http://www.dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=36015

lovemyshiba
05-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
Do you think Max would like to eat me as is, or with gravy? I just want to make sure that he enjoys his meal as much as possible.

pffffffffffffffffttttttttttt!!!!!

That one cracked me up!!!!
:p :p :p :D :D :D

I'll have to find out what Jada prefers too--maybe some peanut butter or cream cheese on me!!!

trayi52
05-13-2004, 10:30 PM
MHMama, I love the pictures of your Chihuahuas!! They are so cute. I have two myself, but Buffy loves to bark at anything. I think she likes to bark at those big old bad bugs. LOL!! I admit it, I have her spoiled rotten..

Willie

trayi52
05-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Sorry I got off the subject, I just had to say something about those little cuties.:)

cloverfdx
05-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Some people have not got a clue what they are talking about :rolleyes:

My Clover has a fondness for Cheese so maybe i should start wearing cheese so she enjoys her meal alot more (You think being half Rottweiler would count?) ;)

trayi52
05-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes,Rhiannon, you must wear the cheese! You know you want Clover to enjoy his meal!!;)

cloverfdx
05-14-2004, 12:00 PM
LOL Ok i am off to cover myself with cheese then. ;) Maybe she would like gravy aswell.

Some off these comments have cracked me up. ;) :D

trayi52
05-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Rhiannon, I know what you mean!! Gee I hope the flys don't start landing on us before we become our big ole mean dogs lunch!!;)

cloverfdx
05-14-2004, 12:09 PM
I can see the flys already. My big old mean dog is fast asleep belly up on her bed behind me. I better keep my eye on her. I hope you know where Dana is at the moment. ;)

trayi52
05-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Rhiannon! I don't know where she is!! *does a quick look over shoulder,and bats a few flys off* I think I need to keep an eye on Dana too!!:eek:

cloverfdx
05-14-2004, 12:32 PM
:eek: Stay safe Willie. Im off to bed i hope Clover does not get hungry during the night. And Dana you be good. ;)

By the way i just watched the second clip of Mario and my Elvis went to window and has gone nuts barking wondering where the noise came from. lol