PDA

View Full Version : Macy Update!!!... I Can't Believe It...

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Last I heard about Macy ......

they told me she had turned back feral and she was not adoptable. They sent me an email saying that they spayed and vaccinated her and found an older man that would take her to live on his large plot of land and he loved feeding feral cats. My computer crashed and lost that email.. but can't tell you how much I hated hearing that... BECAUSE Macy is the sweetest cat ever.. I prayed and prayed that Macy would calm down so they could really get to know her.. and REALLY did not want her living outside...

I have been thinking about Macy every day...

AND TODAY!!!!!!

THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sara
I volunteer with RescueCats & wanted to update you on Macy. The initial
report from Cat Care was that Macy was considered unadoptable due to her
feral behavior. The goal of RescueCats is to have all of our residents
adopted, so we attempted to formulte a plan that was human & acceptable
wih
regard to Macy. To that end, we contacted an individual who is willing
to
care for feral cats in a rural setting. This process took a week &
during
that time period, Macy settled down & became accepting to human contact.
Ultimately, Macy was accepted by RescueCats & is now residing at the
facility, awaiting adoption. She continues to be somewat fearful, but
allows us to pick her up & purrs when held.
We recognized & applaud your compassionate & caring concern about her &
wanted to keep you updated. I met you at Cat Care when you surrendered
the
4 kittens, who were all adopted very quickly. It is my hope that your
obvious pain might be somewhat relieved in knowing that your loving
gesture
made 4 families extremely happy.
Thank you for all you do for our feline friends & for contacting
RescueCats, a not for profit, volunteer run, no kill organization.

Marty Rogers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AGHGHGHGHGHHG

I can not stop crying.. I AM SO HAPPY.... I feel like it was all worth it now..!!!! i am soooo happy that my little Macy girl is letting her true colors shine through...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
05-11-2004, 07:09 PM
OMG!!! What a relief. I too was VERY worried. Now we need to hear that she finds a home :):)

CatMama78
05-11-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm tearful with you. Such great news. And you are such a wonderful person to have saved these lives. Extremely excited for Macy and much happiness for you.

kimlovescats
05-11-2004, 07:21 PM
WONDERFUL!!!! I am so glad that this organization didn't give up on her!!!! :D

sirrahbed
05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Sara, this such TERRIFIC news!!! All that hard work of yours has paid off and God made you wait such a l-o-n-g time but you finally got your answer!!!! YAY!!!!!! (((((Sara))))))
Soon, Macy will have her home, too. Somebody needs her:D

NoahsMommy
05-11-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm so happy Sara!!! I was concerned too, it seems not everyone can see the true potential cats have, but I'm so glad they did!

They did because of you, I'm certain. I'm so glad!!! :D :D :D

Yay!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Sara, this is wonderful news!!!:D
I'm so glad that they finally saw Macy's true personality. Now she'll be able to get the loving forever home that she deserves.:)

Vio&Juni
05-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Wonderful news!

PayItForward
05-12-2004, 02:27 AM
What a narrow escape for Macy, I am pleased the shelter are going to home her properly :D

Like Jen, I have been very worried about Macy.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-12-2004, 03:20 AM
I am smiling through tears right now! Thank goodness they got to know the "real" Macy, and she now has a chance to find a real forever home!

(((HUGS))) to you - this has been such a stressfull time for you!

lynnestankard
05-12-2004, 04:37 AM
Oh Sara what wonderful news - I'm typing through the tears too - I'm just so relieved for you and Macy {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2004, 06:47 AM
This is great news! I hope good owners come along for Macy.

You must feel happier about her now.:)

catlover4ever
05-12-2004, 07:57 AM
That is such wonderful news.....I think everything will work out just fine for Macy.

catmandu
05-12-2004, 09:05 AM
That is a releif , and The Found cats are Hoping and Praying , that the Right Person comes along , withenough love , and patience , to give Macy that Good Furr Ever Home!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Great news! I hope she finds a home soon. :)

ramanth
05-12-2004, 09:37 AM
What a relief!!! I'm so happy to hear that they are now seeing that Macy is a sweet and loving cat. :)

jazzcat
05-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Oh that is great news. I haven't been on much in the past two weeks and last I heard was about the email of her being feral and how upset you were. I'm so glad that my first official day posting back on PT is to such a happy thread!!!:D

RedHedd
05-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Whew! Great news!

trayi52
05-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Sara, that is good news! Macy deserves the best. Thanks for updating us!

Willie:)

Cataholic
05-12-2004, 02:27 PM
What great news, Sara!

Kirsten
05-12-2004, 02:43 PM
That's great news indeed! :)

I hope she'll find a good forever home soon! :)

Kirsten

Twink
05-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Yay, yay, yay! We were all worried about her. It's so good to hear that her sweetness and your love and hard work are going to pay off for her!

luckies4me
05-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I have tears of joy in my eyes for you now. This makes me so happy! I hope she finds a purrever home soon.

catcrazylady
05-12-2004, 05:36 PM
That is the best news I've had in a long time! I know you must be so relieved! Hang on Macy cause you have a wonderful home coming your way very soon and it's all because you were loved and cared for by someone very special!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah for Macy! I'm so glad she calmed down enough for them to see that she really isn't feral. I know she'll find a good home real soon. And the good news is that they can tell her potential adopters that she is only scared and will become a warm wonderful kitty as she gets to know them, and that's all thanks to you and the time and effort you put into making sure they know she's really not feral.

Now, about this "individual who is willing to care for feral cats in a rural setting." Do you think that might be an option for the final two kittens that are being so difficult to tame?