PDA

View Full Version : Video of Mario....

trayi52
05-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Here is a short video of Mario. My daughter was feeding him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and some Mellow Yellow.

Hope this works......

slleipnir
05-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Aww, he's so cute!!! Thanks for sharing :D

Kfamr
05-11-2004, 05:58 PM
All I got was sound. :(

trayi52
05-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Darn, I really wanted you to see it Kay! What version of Window Media player do you have, I think it may have to be version 9.

Willie:(

BCBlondie
05-11-2004, 06:12 PM
AWWW!!!!:D That is sooo cuuuute!! Great video! Thanks for sharing ^_^

primabella
05-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Awww he's so cute! Thanks for the sharing the video Willie. :D

bluekat
05-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Awwww Mario is adorable!!!:D Thanks for sharing the video:)

DogLover9501
05-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Awwwwwww!! I just love Mario, what a cutie!! Thanks so much for sharing that!!.....More? :p;)

Fox-Gal
05-11-2004, 07:09 PM
AWWWW You have made my day today, thanks I love that guy.

You know that just made me want him more. :D :D He's so cute.

QueenScoopalot
05-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Too cute Willie...but where's his beer? :confused: Oh...I forgot, that's a Thurdays at RICHARDS Bar thing huh? What a cute monkey! :D :) :D Jan

trayi52
05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Jan, I knew somebody was going to ask where the beer was! I thought about that when I made the video.

Libby, I was just going to send you an e-mail to come and look at Mario.

That sound he is making in this video is his happy sound, when he is not happy, the sound hurts your ears.

That fellow came in while I was in the kitchen cooking, and was messing around at my computer! I don't know if he stole anything yet. I'll probably start missing something later on.

Willie:)

RobiLee
05-11-2004, 07:24 PM
I love it! Can't wait to show Alden this. I don't think I've told him about Mario. Thanks for putting a big ol' smile on my face!

Robin :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-11-2004, 07:39 PM
MY BOYFRIEND!

I love you Mario!

He is so adorable! Makes me want a monkey really bad!

trayi52
05-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Megan, are you about ready to post some more of your story?? You have an awful lot of fans waiting for some more of that interesting story!

Thanks to all for your kind comments on my sweet little thief, I mean sweet Mario.

Willie:D

Fox-Gal
05-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by trayi52

Libby, I was just going to send you an e-mail to come and look at Mario.

That fellow came in while I was in the kitchen cooking, and was messing around at my computer! I don't know if he stole anything yet. I'll probably start missing something later on.

Thank you, you know I would have been upset if I missed anything to do with Mirio.

And I don't care what you say, thief or not, I love him and want him!!! :D :D He can steal from me any day.

Pam
05-11-2004, 08:13 PM
If that isn't the cutest thing! What does Mario normally like to eat? Is his diet similar to ours? I know I am showing my "monkey ignorance." :o

trayi52
05-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Mario will eat anything we will, and drink anything we do. He like coffee sometimes. He does have his own food though, a monkey biscuit. He loves mac and cheese, creamed potatoes, oh and he loves french fries. My daughter brings Mario french fries or pies from McDonalds just about every night when she comes in from work. He waits and when she gives it to him, he goes to bed. Sometimes Lindsey brings him a coke, and he really loves cokes.

He got upset the other day, because my grandson's mother come to get him to stay with her for mothers day weekend. He held on so tight to Dakota, and screamed at her. Poor little fellow, he just didn't want to give up his buddy at all!

catnapper
05-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank You!!! I expected him to be a bit bigger. See how much I know about monkeys?!?

gini
05-11-2004, 10:37 PM
OH Willie, thanks for sharing Mario with us..........what a dear sound he is making.

Yes, my first thought was, "where is his beer" as well. But this is only Tuesday so he can't have one yet.

Does he have the run of the house? Where does he sleep at night and what is his regular routine during the day.

Questions, questions, but, I really only know what he does all day Thursday.

Do you have rafters at your house that he can swing on?

Kfamr
05-11-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm trying to update right now so I can see it! It's downloading. ;)

Kfamr
05-11-2004, 11:00 PM
YAY! I saw it! How cuuuttttee!!

Will you ask Mario if he'd share some of his MelloYello? It's one of my favorite.s ;)

trayi52
05-11-2004, 11:16 PM
When he wants to he comes in, I would have to lock the door to keep him out. No rafters for him to swing on though. He is really cute when he is walking upright like a human.

He has his own little heated house outside. He loves it, he is not much on closing the door behind him though. This used to be his cage, but try as we may, there is not a door he can't open. He is more happy just 'hanging' around the house.

I was watching him the other day, and I wached him shimmy up a pole, climb up on the house. I am glad we put a new roof of tin on. We did have shingles, and he would sit up there and take the shingles off and throw them down on the ground. I just hope he don't start taking the tin off and throwing that down!

Its funny, he never leaves this house, he stays very close to this house, on the porch, at the windows, opening the doors and coming in and stealing. He loves his daddy, Jimmy, my husband, and he loves my grandchildren, and daughters. He is never bored. He always finds something to do. So funny, when he comes in and steal Jimmy's cookies. Jimmy is diabetic, so he don't need them anyway.:D

Kay, I hope you get to see this video. I will try and put some different ones up of him.

Willie

wolf_Q
05-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
My daughter brings Mario french fries or pies from McDonalds just about every night when she comes in from work. He waits and when she gives it to him, he goes to bed. Sometimes Lindsey brings him a coke, and he really loves cokes.

Not trying to spoil the fun here but I was shocked that an animal is fed things like that...it can't be healthy at all. Do you really allow him to drink beer or is that just a joke? :eek:

trayi52
05-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Kay, thats my favorite drink too! He steals everyone he can get his hands on, I think he loves Mellow Yellows more than cokes or other drinks. I am so glad you got to see him!

He loves popcorn! Pop a bag of popcorn, and go sit on the porch and pretty soon the little guy has his hand stuck down in the bag grabbing handfuls of it. If he gets a chance, he usually goes for the whole bag, and runs off with it.

cali
05-11-2004, 11:24 PM
All I got was sound.

there was sound? I did not get any sound, and my sound is on and working just fine, all I got was picture...

gini
05-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Do you really allow him to drink beer or is that just a joke? :eek:

I am confident that the beer drinking was a reference only to our cyber bar where Mario drinks/steals beer all day.

Willie, how old is Mario?

trayi52
05-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Mario does not drink beer, just at Thursdays,and he gets the kind of food that is meant for him, the foods he gets are extras, we have had him for around 16 or 17 years, he is doing fine. These foods does not hurt him. No problems, he has never even been sick. Ever! Not even a cold. They can catch colds from us. Funny though he never has been sick. I would say that is pretty good to have one that long and them not get sick.

I don't know whether he would like beer for real. Oh he loves raisins, and potato chips too. He likes to eat what any human likes to eat.

Willie

trayi52
05-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Gini, he is about 16 or 17 years old. He came to live with us a little while after my daughter was born, and she is 18. It has been so long, I just don't remember what month we got him. I know I still have his papers and such somewhere, I would have to find them and look at them to know for certain.

Acts like a kid all the time!

gini
05-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Willie, glad we got that beer thing straightened out. Next thing you know, Budweiser would be pounding on your door wanting Mario to sign a contract. We would never be able to live with him then.:D :D

Willie how did your adoption of Mario come about? What I mean is, did you intentionally go out to find Mario - or was he abandoned.

I need to go back up and watch the video again.:p

trayi52
05-11-2004, 11:45 PM
He came from a lady in Louisanna, he got to ride on an airplane! He rode with the pilots! He got very special treatment, the spoiled boy. He was such a little fellow when we got him! He was just a baby, and very tame.

Yeah, we sure don't want him getting the big head, I am afraid he would take over Thursday, then nobody would get any cherries!!

Willie

gini
05-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Obviously, he has just the right home, good care and food and lots of love. Otherwise, he wouldn't be with you for such a nice long time and be so healthy.

He is a wonderful addition to Pet Talk.........it just wouldn't be the same without you and your family.

You with Mario and Grover and your sis and husband with Pandy.
I am sure glad that you joined us.

trayi52
05-12-2004, 12:30 AM
I wish Richard would come and look at the video, and see who has been hanging out with!;)

QueenScoopalot
05-12-2004, 05:55 AM
We'd like more Mario videos please! :D It's more fun seeing the cute boy in action, rather than just pictures. We like those too, but videos are so fun. :) :D :) Does Mario ever throw temper tantrums if he doesn't get what he wants? Jan

cloverfdx
05-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Too cute Willie :D I was wonder how big Mario was, now i know.

Thankyou for sharing the video with us. And everyone has already asked the questions i was going to and you have answered them. He is such a cutie. Awwwww.

:D

trayi52
05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
ooh, those temper tantrums are very loud! They hurt your ears, he has a very shrill scream! He usually sits like a child does, and screams or goes on top of the house. Though I don't think any of my kids ever went on top of the house.:confused: ;)

gini
05-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Willie, what makes Mario lose his temper?

Even though he is older, what human age level would you say he acts like. A two year old? A five year old?

You are in a position to teach us a lot - we are ready and willing pupils.

Katiesmom
05-12-2004, 11:07 AM
AWWWWWWWWW....More, more, more, more please:D

That has to be the cutest monkey video I had ever seen.....please post more I could watch all day long....hes so precious:D

ramanth
05-12-2004, 11:08 AM
How cute!! I love his vocalization. Does he make a wide range of sounds or are they all high pitched like the squeaks he's making? :D

luckies4me
05-12-2004, 11:13 AM
OMG I can't wait to meet him in December!!! :D He is too cute! Thanks for sharing. I got to see the video and hear the sound. I have tons of videos, how do I get them on here? When I try it takes a long time to upload and says they are too big. :(

trayi52
05-12-2004, 11:32 AM
You know, Gini, sometimes he acts like such a baby. Then he becomes such a Romeo, and wants to just be kissed, he loves it when I kiss him on the head, or those cute little lips. He gets so still when I kiss him. Then sometimes he acts like a little boy that wants to wrestle, he will take my finger in his mouth, but every so gently. I pretend I am going to pull his teeth out, and then he start wrestling puts his head down and rubs his head on me. He really loves attention.

He gets jealous, and screams if we are paying attention to somebody else, or if he sees us eating and we don't offer him some of what we are eating, so we usually cave and share our food with him. As you could see, in the video he was really loving that peanut butter and jelly sandwich a lot!

Yeap, he is just a mixture of ages, when you start watching him, you see so many ages in him.

He does have so many sounds he makes, smacking, that cooing sound, and his spoiled brat scream, that just deafens you. When he is smacking at you, that is his way of communicating to you.

Cass, I used Window movie maker for this video, like Debbie, taught me, Export the video, drag it down to the storyboard, then save to computer, save at 1 megabyte. Does pretty good. Tubby and peanuts mom had a very good thread on here somewhere that told where to go if you need to upgrade. Microsoft is where you upgrade the windows movie maker. Its really easy after you get the hang of it.I wish I could think of the name of that thread. Maybe catnapper would remember, we both took lessons from her.:)

rg_girlca
05-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Oh Willie, Mario is such a cutie patootie and I just adored his little chirp noise.

I have a question for you...What is the life expectancy of a monkey like Mario?

trayi52
05-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Seems like they said it was about 33 years or so. I can't remember. He has been with us for so long, I just can't remember what we were told. Hmmm, I wonder if Cass knows. I need to ask her.

trayi52
05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
My husband put Mario a door into the living room, which he can take out when he wants to, so anyway, he came for another peanut butter and jelly sandwich this morning, and I took another video. The door is nothing fancy, but then we used to put swings in our house for our children, hang it from the ceiling. LOL, so Mario's door is not a beautiful door.

QueenScoopalot
05-12-2004, 09:51 PM
What a chow monkey! I just adore his monkey talk. :D Has he ever bitten you when he doesn't get his way? :confused: :rolleyes: It looks like he has a nice set of chompers! Cute stuff.....More please! Jan..P.S I couldn't get the Beatles song Mellow Yellow out of my head today for some odd reason? :confused: :confused: :confused: :D

trayi52
05-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Hmmm, I wonder why, Jan. I have been bit, when we first got him. He bit me, well I kind of hate to say where I got bit the first time, lets just say, he thought I was mama, and he was thought he was still nursing! And he also got me on the hand, fingers and arms before. He was just a little baby, then and I disiplined him. He has never offered to bite since that time. His bite wasn't that bad though. I have had worse bites from cats, dogs and a prairie dog.

Willie:) :D

molucass
05-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Awww! He's soooo cute!!! I love these little videos of him. :)

Thanks for sharing your baby boy with us.

Oooh yeah, I wanted to say that I had my volume up really loud on my computer, and Felony heard Mario making his little noises and ran off and hid under the table! Lol..... What a vicious pittie boy I have. :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
05-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Oh Willie Mario is sooooooooooooo cute. I must have watched the video about 8 times in a row. Hubby and son really enjoyed viewing it also.
Is that his little happy noise he was making. I just loved it when he looks over the door, then up at the camera and then puts his head down a bit and gives like a little shy look. Gosh that was so adorable.
Looking forward to seeing more video's of Mario. Lets see now, we need one of him up on the roof, one of him in his own house, one playing around in the yard, one with you talking to him to see how he responds to you, one of him sleeping.....okay, okay that's it for now.
Gotta go and look and the video again.:D

trayi52
05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Lorraine you have my work cut out for me, don't you!? I will try. Today I was wishing I had took my camera outside he was sitting like a little baby would on a blanket eating his monkey biscuits, and he would take one and raisie it up and look at it, while he was holding another biscuit in his little hand. Oh what a cute site that was, I just felt so much love for him, I thought my heart was going to burst. Sooo very sweet!

Yeap that was his very happy sound.

trayi52
05-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Oh my god, molucass, that just proves that Felony is so mean, now don't it!! How sweet and oh so proving somebody wrong about dogs that turn on you. That was really a good one, I mean that was so sweet! I am in love with Felony! Must see more pictures of that baby. That is one little one I would love to steal!

dukedogsmom
05-13-2004, 08:46 AM
He's so cute! I want a monkey. Wonder what Duke would think of that? I'll bet he really entertains you a lot.

trayi52
05-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Val, its funny but even stray dogs that come to the house don't even acknowlegde Mario's presence, I have always wondered why they don't even give him a second glance. My dogs and cats just act like he is part of the family, and don't pay that much attention to him at all.

popcornbird
05-14-2004, 09:24 PM
OMG! That was sooooooo cute!!! Can you send Mario to me for a few days? I want to *borrow* him. :p ;)

trayi52
05-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Be watching for him, Poppy. I told him to come visit you. He will probably appear at your window, and want in! Feed him some of that peanut butter and Nutella. I am sure he will love the Nutella! ;)

popcornbird
05-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Ohhhh neat!!! I'll be waiting for Mario then! Will he be driving here? Does he know the way? Does he even know what direction he's supposed to go? :p

trayi52
05-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Mario will find you, I think he is hitchhiking to your house. I just pointed the way to go, and told him to get rides from nice truck drivers! LOL!! I think he swiped some face cream from me, and is bringing it to you as a gift!

popcornbird
05-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Oh I must begin to prepare for my little guest. :D What does Mario like to eat? Should I go out and buy some bananas for him? ;)

trayi52
05-14-2004, 10:57 PM
He is bringing some of his biscuits, but you can have some bananas, and well anything you eat, he will eat too. Oh, he likes to dip his biscuits in peanut butter. Don't worry, he'll search through your cabinets and find what he wants to eat! ;)

05-16-2004, 09:33 PM
So, I see that Mario is a very popular star here at Pet Talk! I am with the rest of our friends here, Willie! MORE VIDEOS OF MARIO, PLEASE!!!:D I watched both videos over and over, and Blake was right beside me, and he loved that. Thanks for sharing those! mario is such a little sweetie, we are going to have to come see him soon, I would like a little smooch from that baby!
WE LOVE MARIO!!! MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN JOHN TRAVOLTA!!!;)

amoore
05-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Thankyou for the little movies of mario! He is so cute!!!!!!!!! He is squeaky lol Tell him he has a nice squeak!

:D

I loved seeing linn too! :)

05-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Please tell Lin she is beautiful! Tell her her cousin Jen said hi, and hope she is happy with her life. Also, tell Mario I want a kiss.