PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace, Daisy & Fred

Desert Arabian
05-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Daisy and Fred are gone. I was prepared for Daisy to leave, I was not prepared for Fred to leave. Oscar, Fred, Chloe, and Daisy all went to the vet today. Daisy was put to sleep while my mom and I looked on saying our last good-byes. As sick as it may sound, I was not all that upset when Daisy left us- I was totally prepared and I was doing her a favor by ending her pain and suffering. I cried for a couple of minutes and I told her to be happy and not to suffer anymore. However, Fred's death has left me shocked. I am just about dead now myself. Fred was not supposed to leave me today. Fred died about 5 minutes after we got home from the vet appointment. I waited out in the car while my mom ran inside to put them back- since I was supposed to go back to school (I can't miss anymore school, I've missed a lot already). Three minutes after my mom went inside, she came walking out with Fred in her arms. I went hysterical. I cried, and cried, and cried, and cried for at least 45 minutes. I was so hysterical that my mom called the school to let them know I was not coming back. I was crying so hard after my mom left for work that I started to get dizzy from breathing to hard and fast. I sat with Mr. Freddy for an hour playing "piggie/elephant nose" and "poke the schmarshmellow belly". I then began to browse through Daisy's and Fred's pictures- which made me even more depressed and cry even more. Fred was like Peanut, except male. He meant so much to me, and was bonded to me like glue. He was a true mama's boy! When Fred was still here, just the thought of the day when he would leave me put me in to tears. If he left me when I was prepared, it wouldn't be so hard- or if I saw it coming- but I wasn't/didn't. He was nowhere near as sick as my other rats are and did not look like he was ready to leave. Well, I am grateful that he did not have to suffer the same way Daisy it- oh that was terrible, I feel so horrible about her suffering- I wish I could have made her better. I feel so honored to have had them as part of my life.

I lost two of my kids today, I can't believe it. Now, I have to get ready for the perils that Chloe, Oscar, Violette, Phoebe and Suzie are going to give me. I only hope that they give me time to prepare before they leave- and not leave me like Mr. Freddy did.

Rest In Peace, Daisy and Fred- please find Peanut, Oreo, Skittles, Punkin, Nugget, and Sweet Pea fast. Now Fred can be with his girlfriend Peanut- he was so sad when she left- they were a couple- now they can be together again.

Please wish my beloved Mr. Freddy and Daisy a fast, safe trip to the Bridge.

God, I can't believe this. I should not be here typing any of this. :( :( *cries*

Daisy May
March 09, 2002-May 11, 2004
http://members.aol.com/YellowLabLuvr/CD.JPG
(On the top)
She leave behind her sister, Chloe.

Mr. Freddy Tucker
November 21, 2002- May 11, 2004
http://members.aol.com/YellowLabLuvr/Fredd.JPG
He leaves behind his brother, Oscar.

aly
05-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Laura :( I am so sorry :( This is so heartbreaking. It must be terribly hard to go through all this sickness with your babies. Did the vet have any idea what could be wrong? I know how upset you are and I feel so bad. Please take care of yourself and hold tight to your other babies for strength through this terrible time.

Fred sure was a cutie. His face is so goofy and sweet. I know he is continuing his silly antics up at the RB waiting for you.

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2004, 01:01 PM
:(

Safe Trip to The Bridge, Daisy and Fred ~

Rest In Peace, Kids.

/s/ :( Phred

jenfer
05-11-2004, 01:02 PM
I am sorry for your loss. :(
RIP Daisy and Fred

Desert Arabian
05-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by aly
Fred sure was a cutie. His face is so goofy and sweet. I know he is continuing his silly antics up at the RB waiting for you.

Oh I know! That's one reason why I loved him so much. He was such a ham for the cam. I *LOVED* to take his pictures, and I think he liked to get them taken just as much.

http://members.aol.com/YellowLabLuvr/Toastman.JPG

Barbara
05-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Both look incredibly cute.

RIP Fred and Daisy.:(

Desert Arabian
05-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone for wishing them a speedy trip.

As far as the vet visit went, Dr. Fellenz says they (as in Oscar, Fred, Daisy) all have respiratory problems which is probably caused by two viruses working against them. Well, now 2 of the 3 who had respiratory problems have passed away so now we are just dealing with one rattie who has problems. Dr. Fellenz said I should medicate them ALL twice a day- since the other ones probably will get it too, even though they aren't showing symptoms yet. So, I have to give 5 rats injections twice a day- that will be a challenge! They all get .25ml of baytril and I have to dissolve one capsule of doxycycline in .625ML of water and inject them with .25 of doxy. I have to do it twice a day for 21 days. :eek: I really hope it helps out Oscar and keeps the others from getting sick. When it comes to Chloe's tumor, I don't know if we are doing surgery. We still have to think about that.

*sigh*

trayi52
05-11-2004, 02:05 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of Daisy and Fred, they were both so sweet, Fred with those little fingers holding his food and posing so sweetly for the camera.

R.I.P. Daisy and Fred, and a speedy trip to the bridge.

Willie:(

EssTer
05-11-2004, 02:35 PM
OH NOOOO! I'm soo sorrry to hear that.. it's soo sad... I know, that's very hard to you! :( :( ****hugs****

Fred was one of my favourite ratties, when you posted your photos...and of course Daisy was so cute....

I'm really really really sorry :(

RIP Daisy and Fred...:(

ramanth
05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm so sorry. :( :(

They were both beautiful.

primabella
05-11-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm so sorry Laura. RIP Fred and Daisy. :(

I'll be keeping the rest of your ratties in my thoughts. Be strong.

Fallon
05-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm so sorry Daisy and Fred. Have a safe trip to the Bridge~

Amber
05-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Im so sorry, even though these words wont take the pain away.

All I can say is that they are in a better place, were they are with each other together.

Freddy, was one of my favorites of your ratties. such a beautiful boy. :(

tatsxxx11
05-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Oh Laura, I could barely get through your post. I can only imagine how devastated you are. My heart breaks for you, for your great loss. I hope you can take some comfort in the knowledge that dear Daisy and Fred have been reunited with their furry friends at the Rainbow Bridge, scampering about, healthy again, patiently awaiting that day you will all be reunited in love. What precious little babies they were. Every day of their lives they knew how deeply loved they were by their wonderful mom. Daisy, Fred, safe and speedy trip to the Rainbow Bridge, precious ones.{{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Desert Arabian
05-11-2004, 04:10 PM
:( :( I wish this wasn't moved. I had it in general for a reason. Not many people look under the pet memorial section- I know that for a fact. More people go to the cat, dog, and general section than pet section. :( :( :( Not as many members will see this thread now.

popcornbird
05-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Oh Laura. :(:( I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling now. :(

{{{hugs}}}

RIP Daisy & Fred. :(

Miss Meow
05-11-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry about Daisy and Fred.

Rest in peace, dear ratties, and enjoy each other's company at the Bridge.

{{{hugs}}}

bluekat
05-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh Laura, I'm so sorry...:(:(:( I can only imagine how much pain you must be going through now. They were both adorable. RIP Daisy and Fred, have fun at the RB...

{{{hugs}}}

wolf_Q
05-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh Laura I'm so very very sorry. I'm sure it was hard enough to lose Daisy, I can't imagine losing two pets in one day like that. Rest in peace Daisy and Fred. :( :(

shais_mom
05-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Laura

lynnestankard
05-12-2004, 03:59 AM
How sad Laura - my heart goes out to you - but remember two much loved ratties are now frolicking at RB - and they are together. {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

wolfie
05-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry about your ratties. :( I hope your others get better soon.

Aspen and Misty
05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
YLL I just found this thread, I am so sorry ::hugs:: Fred was always my lil fav of yours! I loved his pictures! He is a ham!

I'm so sorry about Daisy, what a pretty girl she was!

::hugs::

Ash

Cookiebaker
05-15-2004, 08:59 PM
YLL, I am so sorry for your loss of your two precious ratties. :(:( I hope you can find comfort knowing that they had THE best Mom they ever could have had in the whole world.

{{hugs}}