PDA

View Full Version : Constipation: Lily to the vet tomorrow

Kirsten
05-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Usually Lily is going to the box for her "big business" 3 - 4 times a day. But yesterday she didn't poop at all, and this morning there were only some very dry little "pebbles". I also see her excessively chewing on plants today, so I'm afraid she's not feeling well. She has never puked a hair ball so far btw.

Anyway, I just called my vet and told her about my concerns, and she suggested to bring her to her office tomorrow. She might need an enema (clyster) and maybe an x-ray shot.

I hope it's not an obstruction caused by hair balls or by something she has swallowed up. But so far, her belly seems to be soft to me, and she doesn't seem to be in pain when her belly is rubbed.

Hope she'll be alright!

Kirsten

catlover4ever
05-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh poor little Lily girl. I hope all is well with her...tell her I'm sending good thoughts and belly rubs to her!!!

P.S. not to leave Luna out....I'm sending a nose kissy to her as well. ;)

PayItForward
05-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Thinking good thought and sending gentle belly rubs for both your girls :)

Hope everything goes well at the vets. :)

catcrazylady
05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
I hope all is well with Lily! We will be thinking about you Lily! Keep us posted Kirsten but I'm sure all will be ok.

kimlovescats
05-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Hoping little Lily girl just needs a little "potty help" and will be back to normal real soon! Please let us know what the vet says!

((HUGS))

Fallon
05-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Aww poor Lily, I'm sure she'll be okay though. Good luck at the vet Lilly!

Felicia's Mom
05-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Good luck, and keep us posted.

Kirsten
05-12-2004, 03:50 AM
Thanks for the get well-wishes! :)

Here's an update:

Lily got an enema at the vet's, and I cannot say she was a good girl because she was wiggling and we had a hard time to place it. I had to hold her with her belly up and hold her hind legs with the other hand while the vet was "working" on her butt. But even though she complained and whined, she was not aggressive. She did not growl and wasn't hissing.

Soon after she got the enema, while I was paying the bill, she started crying very loudly and pitifully and I suspected that she felt an urgent need to go to the box... RIGHT - as soon as we were back in the car, a little potty accident happened. You can tell, Lily was more than embarrassed. (BTW, she asked me not to tell Pouncer about this :o)

When we were back home, she went to her box again and had diarrhea, but that of course results from the clyster.

Anyway, when I washed out the towel I had in her carrier, I found a string, about 5 inches long. I'm not quite sure if this has been in her stool, but it could be that she had swallowed it up. If that's the case, it might have caused the constipation. Even worse, it could have caused bowel obstruction. :eek:

Lily still seems to be a bit puzzled about all these things happening to her, but she just had some treats and ate happily. So hopefully she will be back to her old naughty self soon! :)

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
05-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Awe, poor baby! It is a GOOG thing you are such an observant Mommie and saw she wasn't feeling well..

kimlovescats
05-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Ahhhhh, poor Lily .... but I'm sure glad you took her in to the vet! Looks like nawtee girl Lily can't be trusted around loose string!!! :rolleyes: Poor Kirsten, you really gotta watch this girlie!!! ;)

AmberLee
05-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Wow. So good that you were watching her carefully.

It sounds like you both had a tough day yesterday. Hope things improve for you both soon!

Hugs to {{{you}}}, tummyrubs to {{{nawty girl}}}

Glad she's feeling better!

trayi52
05-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear Lily is feeling better. Tell Lily to not worry we won't say a word about this to Pouncer, so she may keep her dignity!

Willie:)

Kirsten
05-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Yes, I'm glad I took her to the vet today to get this enema! I'm always so careful with things like strings and other stuff she could swallow up, but obviously it has happened anyhow and I didn't notice. :(

Luckily, nothing seems to have happened, and Lily seems to do fine now. She's coming up with all kinds of nawtee things, and she's eating, so I think she's alright! :)

And Willie, she's MORE THAN RELIEVED that Pouncer hasn't been told about this! :)

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
05-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Aw, poor Lily. Glad to hear she is back to normal after such a traumatic day yesterday!

Felicia's Mom
05-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the updatedes! Glad she is feeling better.:) :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that Lily's feeling better after her ordeal at the whitecoats. Now hopefully she'll learn to stay out of trouble for a little while.;)