PDA

View Full Version : I got a ticket :(

Sirrahsim
05-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr I got a ticket. But not for just anything mind you... you know what the little &%*#$ said I did to deserve the ticket??? I didn't stop for a full *3* seconds before leaving a stop sign. I've never even HEARD of having to wait 3 seconds. You pull up, stop, look both ways, go. but NOOOOoooooo I'm supposed to stop and wait for 3 whole seconds.

On the up side, I don't have to pay tickets over here per se, but it DOES get my husband in trouble. I'm his dependent so he's responsible for any mistakes that I make.

I'm so ticked off about this stupid ticket, but over here you can't argue with the MP's or you'll be in a whole other world of trouble...

Think I could get them to drop it on the grounds of discrimination.. I *am* a little white girl and I *did* get pulled over by two big black guys...? nah, it'd never work, not with the military :rolleyes:

*deep cleansing breath* ok. I vented, I feel much better now:):

moosmom
05-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Sirrahsim

I know how you feel!! I got a ticket one day on the way home from work. It was my VERY FIRST ticket in my entire life!! The speed limits in Michigan are SO lame!! 35 m.p.h.!! I could RUN faster than that!! Although the cop didn't cite me for speeding (DID write it down on the ticket though), he DID cite me for not having my license on me! (the day before I had gone to Sam's Club and left my license in my jeans pocket). A week later I got stopped AGAIN!! This time I was keeping up with the traffic speed. The cop who pulled me over said that I was going fast. Being a former Auxilliary State Trooper, I know better than to argue with a police officer. He gave me a ticket for 5 miles over the limit which amounted to 2 points on my license. The cost of both tickets was $200.

I have since learned my lesson. Sorry about your dilemma. I hope they at least cut you SOME kinda break. Hope hubby wasn't too upset!!

emily_the_spoiled
05-11-2004, 11:25 AM
I feel bad that you guys ended up with tickets over little things, but in someways you should be thankful. I live in Baltimore City where the traffic enforcement is VERY limited (i.e. almost non-existent) because the cops are busy with other crimes. This is a city where the people are happy when the annual murder rate is less than one person per day (i.e. less than 365 in a year).

I know this isn't very sympathetic, but at least you are living someplace safe...

ramanth
05-11-2004, 11:57 AM
I've received three tickets in my lifetime. One I know I truly deserved. (70 mph in a 55 zone :eek: :o ) I was in a hurry to get home after a bad day and just wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going. But the guy was nice and only wrote me for doing 10 over instead of 15.

The other two.... urgh... 5 miles over on country roads. Tried to fight those and lost. ah well.

Rio and Me
05-11-2004, 12:13 PM
God i'd hate to get a ticket.
Well ive only been driving less than a year but over her in your first 2 yrs of driving your only aloud 6 pionts then you loss your licence and have to start from scatch AND each speeding ticket is a fine and 3 pionts, so i cant aford to speed,lol
But i know where the camaras are and i live in the sticks so no camaras here,lol
Its when i fenture into the city when i have to follow limits
Ky

sirrahbed
05-11-2004, 12:30 PM
awwww...sorry about the ticket Missy!! But I think you are right that there is an inspection and these guys have to meet their quota to look good and efficient and you probably looked like a cute little non-confrontational *quota* to them!! You haven't been having a very good week - but I am proud of you not punching out the lady about the PTS remark the other day:p Still, sorry about the points against Paul - glad he is a sweety!!
He knew she was upset and brought roses home for her!!! :D :D

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I got the most rediculus ticket....I was going 5mph over the speed limit on an indian reservation *dumb* and got pulled over. The guy called for backup and like three squad cars showed up! I was really emabarased cause my mom was with me :eek: At least it wasn't too expesive...my last ticket I was going 78 in a 55 *oops*. It WAS 3am in the middle of nowhere....but the highway patrol officer reduced it and then when I went to court the judge reduced it from the $200 I got to only $65, and it only cost 2 points on my licence instead of 3...so there ARE good cops and judges out there ;) I wouldn't be too worried...MPs get bored sometimes ;)

catnapper
05-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Roses? You got roses? Wow, what a sweetie you've got there!

I hate tickets... they always leave you mad and embarassed! I got one for going 84 down the PA turnpike :eek: yep, thats kinda fast! It was funny because my daughter was sitting in the front seat dying to call hubby and tattle on me, and I had Nicki in the backseat freaking out (she HATES car rides.) The whole time the cop was trying to talk to me, I was trying to calm Nicki down, and couldn't have cared less about the cop. I think he liked that because he gave me a MAJOR break on the ticket (you see, I didn't have my registration on me.) He also laughed because his name was Nick! My excuse? It was my new car and rode a WHOLE lot smoother than my other car and had no idea I was going that fast. HONEST.

Anyway, hubby called me "speed racer" every day for a few weeks, until HE got caught going 45 in a 25 zone! LOL. It was an expensive month. :D :D :D

davidpizzica
05-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Catnapper, you got one of the few nice Pa. state cops! I haven't been pulled over in a while, but my understanding is that they are not so nice. Now watch it!