PDA

View Full Version : Maybe my family DOES understand me...

AmberLee
05-11-2004, 12:12 AM
I got a card in the mail today post marked from my parents...

It's a Mother's Day card, signed by my cats, with a note from my mom stating that the cats had had trouble getting to a store to buy me a card...

"Mother" has always meant warmth and love and caring.
"Mother" has always meant something special...
... because of you. Happy Mother's Day.

Crying little happy tears. It feels so silly, but sweet!

trayi52
05-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Oh, how sweet!! Sounds like she really does understand! Very good mom.:)

Willie

Fallon
05-11-2004, 01:03 AM
That sounds so sweet, I'd be ecstatic to get a card like that from my pets. I'm sure you were.

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2004, 01:06 AM
That sure sounds like a great card and your mom sounds wonderful too.:)

Miss Meow
05-11-2004, 01:33 AM
It doesn't matter if your family understands you or not, but they certainly love you - it was a sweet gesture :)

Barbara
05-11-2004, 03:02 AM
How sweet.

My mother never wanted to celebrate mother's day because even when I was a child she said it was too small an excuse for anything that happened during the year;)

Anyway I called her on Sunday to not congratulate her;) and she asked whether the kitties had said something about it. I said: "No I don't think so."
My mom: Oh you could have expected that.
Me: Yes at least they could have painted something at school.

So much about crazy families:D

ChrisH
05-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Aww, that is so sweet! :) :)

sirrahbed
05-11-2004, 05:26 AM
I think that is sooo sweet and loved to hear it!!!:D :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-11-2004, 05:47 AM
PLEEEEEASE.... give your mom the phone number to all my family members and have her explain to them!!!

I can't stand the way my family looks at me when i tell them i am a MOM TOO!!!!! :(

catcrazylady
05-11-2004, 05:57 AM
That was so sweet of your mom!
Every now and then my cats think to give me a mother's day card. It usually happens about once every five years. They are not consistant at all!!

I think we all deserve a big HAPPY MOTHERS DAY from all of our furbabies!! As we all know they give us much happiness but they also cause a lot of grief through out the year!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

Vio&Juni
05-11-2004, 07:43 AM
How nice!

catmandu
05-11-2004, 09:07 AM
That was very loving ,of yourMother , to do that !My Mother used to come up , on my Birthday , and she would bring Cat Toys , and Cat Food sample packs , and a Meatloaf for me , and a Little one , For Pouncer and Scrappy! I miss her , so much , but now she can still make Pouncer , and S arppy thier Meatloaf , at the Rainbow Bridge! You have a Wonderful Mother , Please Treasure Her!

AmberLee
05-11-2004, 01:11 PM
I've GOT to print this thread out and share it with Mom, she'll love it. Thanks all!

catnapper
05-11-2004, 01:18 PM
:) :) :) :)

What a wonderful thing for your mom to do!!!

Last year my daughter stepped on a mouse that one of the cats left on the stairs. So for her birthday this year, I found a birthday card "from the cat" that showed a cartoon of a mouse that was supposed to be the gift from the cat. I signed it from the boys and left a note saying "this time we thought you might like prior notice of your gift."

You have a great mom with the smarts to know who your real children are! :D

Edwina's Secretary
05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
How very sweet of your mother! Eddie and Edwina did get me a card (and my mother-in-law...????) but they always need help. It was good of you mother to help Livvy and Cassy!

Killearn Kitties
05-12-2004, 07:43 AM
:D :D That was a lovely thing for your mum to do. How thoughtful!

Randi
05-12-2004, 08:02 AM
That was very sweet of your mother, she seems to know what it's all about! :D

AmberLee
05-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Yep, I definately lucked out in the 'Mom Department'! ;)
Just need to remember to tell her so, often enough.