PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Dials 911

QueenScoopalot
05-10-2004, 09:52 PM
http://fredericksburg.com/News/apmethods/apstory?urlfeed=D82FOEJO0.xml :eek: :eek: :eek:

trayi52
05-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Oh Jan, that is so funny! What a smart puppy. Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Willie:D

Moose
05-10-2004, 10:19 PM
haha too funny! :D

Uabassoon
05-10-2004, 10:37 PM
LOL puppies are always good for a laugh :)

Fallon
05-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Hey the link doesn't work for me.. I'm curious now.. :confused:

QueenScoopalot
05-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Puppy Dials Ambulance, Crew Responds
The Associated Press
OSLO, Norway

An emergency services switchboard couldn't understand a word the caller was saying, so they sent a crew to investigate.

There was nothing wrong with Raia, apart from being a puppy. Barking into the phone was her way of communicating, the state radio network NRK reported Monday.

Lars Letnes, of the Nord-Troendelag police district, said a call came through to the 113 medical emergency number at about 1 a.m. Sunday. The switchboard operators tried to talk to the caller, but heard only a gruff, barking sound.

"They were afraid someone needed help and was trying to say so they asked for assistance from the police," he told NRK.

The police went to the house, rang the doorbell and woke up 24-year-old Aleksander Elden, whose family owns the four-month-old Norwegian Elkhound.

"It could only have been her that called. She was the only one there," Elden told The Associated Press by telephone, adding he found the puppy lying on the floor next to the phone.

The police took the confusion with a sense of humor.

"In our log, it says the son in the house couldn't see that the dog was in any pain and concluded that she had probably dialed the wrong number," said Letnes.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
05-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Thats funny! Thanks for the morning giggle