PDA

View Full Version : The Horse Whisperer

petlover
05-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I am reading " The Horse Whisperer". I have seen the movie, and it is great too. But, this book is just.. amazing. I will not finnish a book if it is boring and I MUST say, I was on page 3 and I could not stop reading. The book is that good. Please do not watch the movie before reading. Read first. I always think it is fun to read the book, and then watch the movie and see the REAL view of it. It is fun, and I HIGHLY recommend this book. It will definatley keep you reading, and it is soooo good. You have to like horses though to understand it. PLEASE check it out. It is a magnificent book.:D

slleipnir
05-10-2004, 06:57 PM
I ment to buy that book a long time ago. I never did though lol. I saw the movie already - it was good. I heard the book as well was great. I'm currently reading Seabiscuit which is another great horse book (I also saw that movie before reading :rolleyes: the book is quite different though)

petlover
05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
I have read Seabiscuit 7 times unfortunatly:rolleyes: :D I also love that movie as well:D :D I have seen the movie tooooo many times to count... Really, I'm serious. Too many times to count.

trayi52
05-10-2004, 07:03 PM
I always like to read the book first. The book is so much better, you can read what they are feeling or thinking. You can't do that with a movie.

Yes Jan, I think its great that you are reading the book. Let us know if the book has more in it than the movie.

Willie:)

petlover
05-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey Willie, the book is different more at the end than anything. It is really weird though. :confused: But, it is still a great book.:D I have only found ONE book where the movie is better than the book. And that is the book " A Walk To Remember." I LOVE the movie, and I liked the book too. But the book is so different, and wasn't as touching or great. I was surprised at the end, because I thought that it would be better than the movie.. but nope. The movie was better. I must say though. I can't decide if the book or the movie is better on " The Horse Whisperer." It will probably be the book.:D ;)

wolf_Q
05-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Yep that's a good book. :) You should check out The Loop..another book by the same author. It has to do with the problems between wolves and ranchers.

slleipnir
05-10-2004, 08:54 PM
I read The Loop as well. I liked it too :D Actually I think it was you who mentioned it on some thread before which is what got me to go read it haha

dukedogsmom
05-11-2004, 07:56 AM
I read it before the movie came out and I was happy that they followed the book so well. I'm still curious if you got my card and pics that I sent. Was sent about 3 weeks ago or maybe a little more.

EssTer
05-11-2004, 10:48 AM
I've seen that movie but I havent read book of Horse Whisperer!

Wolf_q, thanks for sharinf with that book, I'll try to check is that book in our local library :D