PDA

View Full Version : Cross Kitty

furrykittenlover
10-09-2001, 06:03 PM
Hi! my best friend has 2 cats. One is about 5 or 6 im not sure she is a black and white cat. She also has another female cat that is a mix between a maine coon and a persian. She is about 2 years old. The black and white cat is very cross, when you pick her up she growls loudly and if you put the other cat next to her she hisses and swipes at her. I was wondering if she is so cross because she was jelous when the family got the new cat? :confused: i dont have any cats :rolleyes: but i love em, and i just wanted to know whats up with this kitty. :rolleyes:

yorkster
10-10-2001, 07:41 PM
Cats are like people- they get along with some, but not others. They may learn to get along- how long has it been? It takes some time. Tell your friend that it would help a lot if she paid EXTRA attention to the cross kitty, and not to force them together. Cats have their own way of working it out.

furrykittenlover
10-10-2001, 07:46 PM
Hello. Its been about 2 years, when she got the new kitty. The older kitty gets attention sometimes, like a nice little pet or hug. The new kitty gets picked up more often becuase she likes being picked up and is very affectionate, she purrs alot. They just got new gerbils, so now those are the center of attention, and the cats are being shoved outside or in the basment while they take the gerbils out so the cats dont get them. I hope things work out between the two cats.

tuxluvr
10-12-2001, 06:22 PM
I would agree with Yorkster...kittys have a way of working things out, and sometimes that means not working things out... If black and white kitty was "sole pet" for a number of years, it's somewhat understandable. Cats are not altogether happy with a change in their environment and they are quite territorial. Appreciate each kitty for its own unique personality. I have a black and white female who is affectionate on her terms, but can also be quite aloof. I often think we live on her terms and not ours - regardless, I love all of her furry little qualities!