PDA

View Full Version : A face only a mother could love

Lacey
05-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Poor Zelda is having to take flagyl for an upset tummy. She really hates her pills (apparently they taste really bad). Anyway, after each dosing, the poor dear drools like a maniac for a minute to try to clear out the taste and I'm greeted with this darling face...

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/zelda_043.jpg

Next up, I really must try to get her "you just shoved a nasty tasting pill in my mouth and I'm not about to swallow it" face. :D

Fallon
05-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Aww. Although she's a drooling kitty in this pic I still find her to be very adorable. I hope her upset tummy gets better soon, and then she wont have to worry about those pills anymore. I hate giving my cats pills, they sorta get that face too.

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-10-2004, 05:00 PM
It's Cujo-kitty! ;) Just kidding. Zelda is beautiful even if she's a little drooly after her pills. I hope her tummy feels better soon!

catnapper
05-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Aw, poor girlie. She is still pretty, despite the foamy mouth. I hope her upset tummy feels better very soon.

Randi
05-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Oh poor girl, she certainly doesn't like those!! :eek: She's a beautie anyway! :) Hope her tummy will get better soon!

Lacey
05-10-2004, 05:14 PM
That's been Zelda's mildest case of after-pill drooly so far. She's got a week's worth of these pills to get through (of which this is only day three) and hopefully her tummy problems will be over and I'll be getting nice little poo logs from her instead of poo pancakes.

Also, the poor girl is having to go on a diet. In just a little over a week (with her tummy troubles), she put on a pound - so now she's a 10 lb. kitty. The vet assistant took a look at her and started feeling her tummy and asked me whether or not she was pregnant. I was all like :eek: "She'd better not be, because she's supposed to be fixed!" So the assistant brought in the vet to feel her tummy and be sure. The result: a suggestion that Zelda be put on diet food if she's gonna continue to eat like a little piggy. :rolleyes:

Miss Meow
05-10-2004, 05:15 PM
If looks could kill!

I hope she's better soon and we can see some happier pictures!

kimlovescats
05-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Poor baby ... that must be one BITTER pill!!!! :(
Maybe you could cover it with a dab of peanut butter or other sticky food first? ;)

Lacey
05-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Peanut butter, huh? I may try putting a tiny bit on her morning dose tomorrow. It might not go over to well, but it's worth a shot. The very first dose I gave her, I tried crushing up and mixing with some wet food. After a couple of licks, Zelda decided that she didn't want it anymore.

rg_girlca
05-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Aww poor Zelda.
Maybe if she doesn't go for the peanut butter you could try wrapping the pill with some cheese.
Hope you feel better soon sweetie.

boscibo
05-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Awww....my Abby does that too with any medications (pills and liquids). It's a drag, and I can't just give her a pill in food because she won't eat anything but dry cat food. Get well soon Zelda!

Steffi N
05-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Why can't they make medicine that tastes like shrimp or tuna.
Zelda, I hope you feel better soon.

CatMama78
05-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Poor Zelda! That's such a great girl for taking it at all. And you still look beautiful.

sirrahbed
05-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Lacey
nice little poo logs from her instead of poo pancakes.

Does this indicate that an update of the Furminology Dictionary (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=691972#post691972) is in order?:rolleyes:

Lacey
05-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Does this indicate that an update of the Furminology Dictionary (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=691972#post691972) is in order?:rolleyes:

Oh my! I suppose it does! :D

sirrahbed
05-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Lacey
Oh my! I suppose it does! :D
DONE;)...heehee...poo logs..poo pancakes...love it!:D
:o well, I *am* the roving toilet reporter!! -Jazzcat said so!!

catcrazylady
05-11-2004, 05:45 AM
Poor Zelda! I don't mean to be ugly during your illness but you made me laugh so hard!!! The Cujo kitty remark just finished me off!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
There is a nasty liquid medicine that they give at the shelter that also makes them foam and drool. Imagine a room full of slobbering mad kitties!!
I hope Zelda is feeling better soon. It's bad enough to have to take the medicine but then add insult to injury by putting her on a diet! POOR ZELDA! You sure a beautiful kitty, even with drool!!

emily_the_spoiled
05-11-2004, 08:22 AM
If it makes Zelda feel any better, Flagyl has the same effect on many humans :D :D It is a REALLY bitter tasting drug so it is no surprise that she doesn't like it. Have you thought about maybe wrappying it in some sardines or a piece of tuna? I know that SASVermont has tried the "pill pockets" which might give you some help with the meds.

Zelda is probably eating all the extra food to try and get rid of the taste of the meds, so she may naturally lose the weight when she is done the medication.

Good luck with the pills!!

BTW, the picture was hilarious ;)

catlover4ever
05-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Oh Zelda, I hope you feel better soon and then you won't have to take that yucky tasting medicine.

catmandu
05-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Not onlt would her mother love her , but all the Found Cats and The feeder , of Found Cats and Stray Cats!

Lacey
05-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Zelda is probably eating all the extra food to try and get rid of the taste of the meds, so she may naturally lose the weight when she is done the medication.

I wish that were the case, but she was over-eating even before she got the meds! Anyway, before I left for work this morning, I put 1/2 cup of food in her bowl (she'll get another 1/2 cup this afternoon), and in about 30 minutes her bowl was empty! :eek:

emily_the_spoiled
05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
The Flagyl may still be contributing to her over eating, even if it isn't the only cause. That stuff is rough on the stomach (for both humans and animals).

My little Emily looks like a princess but she is a little piggy also. She will bully all the guys away from their wet food so she can eat it. If I don't watch she will eat everyone's food...

Laura's Babies
05-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Poor Zelda!! I hate it when my babies do that drooling after a pill because it uspests me so bad.

She is as pretty as a speckled butterbean.... I would have had to name her Butterbean!!

catland
05-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Our little girl Jan did the same foamy thing when she was sick last winter. She would be so mad at us. I would finally try to wipe her face and she would be that much more perturbed. I finally gave up trying to get the meds into her and she got well anyway.

(this was when we got the pleasure of force-feeding her for four days:eek: :eek: :eek: )

Get well soon Zelda.

Lacey
05-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Here we have the "Oh no! I'm about to get another pill!" face.

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/IM000135.jpg

If I didn't have my hands full trying to hold her still until she swallowed it, I'd get a picture of her, "Vengeance will be mine!" face.