PDA

View Full Version : "you've Got Mail!"

RICHARD
05-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Posties stop deliveries because of danger cat

Postmen have stopped delivering to a house in Cranbrook, Kent, because of a dangerous cat.

They say their hands are being ripped to shreds by ginger tom 'Bat' as they shove post through the cat flap.

The posties also claim the six-year-old moggie claws their legs with vicious swipes, The Sun reports.

The Royal Mail has now told Bat's owner Dan Coyne that it will suspend letter deliveries to his house until he takes action about his pet.

Dan said: "I can't believe they are scared of him."

But he admitted: "Bat is a bit of a psycho and has been known to launch himself at people.

"He gets very wound up by the postman and sits under the cat flap waiting for him.

"As the postie pushes the letters through, I've seen Bat try to swipe him with his claws.

"He was a rescue cat and is only little - but he does get stroppy."
----------------------

Well,

I'd be irritated if someone pushed an envelope thru my 'cat flap'.;)

Laura's Babies
05-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Really funny, but I could see where it would be a problem for the postman!

catcrazylady
05-10-2004, 02:01 PM
I bet Bat is Magoo's long lost brother!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

RedHedd
05-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I bet Bat is Magoo's long lost brother!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif LOL! Too funny. BTW How is our Mr. Magoo settling in?

aki
05-10-2004, 04:21 PM
A long time ago, my Chuck woke me up in the middle of the night growling and hissing. Come to find out my boyfriend at the time was trying to sneak in quietly so he wouldn't be in trouble for coming in so late. Well, Chuck wasn't about to let anyone slip in un-detected, he sounded like a wild cat! That really surprised me that he would try to protect me while I was sleeping. I always figured he'd go hide or something.

rg_girlca
05-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh my. This is one of these stories that is funny in one way, but not in the other. Funny that a cat would actually wait for the postman, but not so funny for the postman.

This brings a story to my mind about our RB cat Captain, who at his biggest was 25 pounds. We had ordered Chinese food for supper one night and when the delivery guy came, he stepped into our porch, I took the food from him and turned to go get the money. Captain came strolling up the hall towards the guy and the guy let out this big gasp and bolted out the door, slamming it behind him. I thought, "What the heck" Went out to give him the money and asked him what the matter was. Apparently he was terrified of cats. I laughed when he bolted cause he almost tripped over his own feet, but felt sorry for him when I found out he was terrified of cats.

Miss Meow
05-10-2004, 05:18 PM
He he he, normally it's the dogs who get a bad rap with the posties. Go, ginger tomcat!