PDA

View Full Version : Poor little duck...

lizzielou742
05-10-2004, 01:22 PM
This might seem kinda silly but I had to post it somewhere. I work in an office park, and ever since March there were these two beautiful mallard ducks that would come sit by my office window. My window was reflective, so they couldn't see me, but I got a wonderful view of them all day. I could hear them quacking to each other and everything. I guess there's a pond behind this office park somewhere that they lived at. People from the offices in this building kept feeding them, and that's why they kept coming around. I work on a very busy street (I am sure you know how this is going to end up now), so I never fed the ducks and tried to discourage others from feeding them, b/c although I enjoyed them, I didn't want to encourage them to come over here, especially during busy office hours. Well, a few days ago the girl duck got killed on the road. I haven't seen the male since. Even though they weren't my pets, I still feel sad (and angry at those who fed them). RIP, little duck. I hope her boyfriend stays safe, away from the road. :(

Fallon
05-10-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm so sorry that had to happen to the poor duck. I hope her boyfriend stays safe as well. It's too bad that other people fed them and didn't think of what the harm they could be in if they came around the busy street..