PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's K-9 Nation What to do?

FizzGiggs_Mommy
05-10-2004, 11:09 AM
I was watching ESPN's K-9 Nation and I was absolutly discusted.
They were doing a routine where the dog sat about 20 feet away and the owner gave the come comand the dog was then to come and sit in the heal possition. OK the thing that sickoned me was a couple of dogs didnt do it correctly and wondered off to sniff around. This one guy grabbed the dog by the leash and pulled the coker collar so hard the dog yelped and dropped to the ground submitting:mad: How could they show that on national TV????

Another woman's dog would not sit so she pulled on the leash hard multiple times until the dog sat:mad: . It looked like the dog was in pain because he was showing the whites of his eyes and when they walked away his tail was inbetween his hind legs.

This kind of stuff went on through out the whole show.

How could these people to this to there pets?

What are your feelings on this?

I was thinking about e-mailing ESPN about this. Do you think I should e-mail them?

Fallon
05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Wow, I think it micht be a good idea to email them. Those people are so cruel, it seems like they don't even care about their pets and just use them to look good when they listen. Anyways, if I saw that it would break my heart.

cloverfdx
05-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Some people think this is the correct way to "train" a dog unfotunatly. It was the way i was told to train my Clover and consequently it killed her spirit for Obedience work (I did not severly correct but if the dog lagged i was told to pull her up, and to yank on the chain when she forged ahead) :(

It would not hurt to send ESPN an email regarding your concerns i am sure they will get many emails about the program.