PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr!!! Ignorance and Arrogance make me soooooooo mad!!! [a little upsetting]

Sirrahsim
05-10-2004, 03:01 AM
I was at this orientation thing for work today and got into a conversation with a girl that works at a local kennel. She talked fondly of her own pets, 1 cat and 1 dog, and also spoke quite fondly of the pets that were in the kennel... She spoke expecially highly of this cat that had some sort of Japanese name that I won't even attempt to spell. Then she made some comments that got me furious. The coversation went a little like this:

Her:"Yeah, [insert Japanese kitties name here] is the sweetest cat, but he's been in the kennel for a really long time. I know that he hates it there so I'm really happy that it'll all be over for him soon"
Me: "Oh! he's getting adopted? That's great!"
Her: "No, we're just going to free him from kennel life"
Me, confused: "So you're going to release him?"
Her: "No, we're going to put the lucky little guy to sleep"
Me: "WHAT? Lucky? What are you talking about?"
Her: "We're putting him to sleep, you know, so he won't have to be cooped up in a cage any more.."
Me, with disbelief: "So that's it, you're just going to give up on him and kill him?"
Her, oozing with superiority: "No, no sweety, we're just going to give him a little shot and he'll drift off into a happy little sleep. He just won't wake up, don't you know anything about how shelters work?"

Yeah... I'm now at a loss for words...i'll just leave it at that....

catcrazylady
05-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Wow, she certainly has a way of looking at it so that she has no guilt what so ever. A little shot and he will drift off into a HAPPY little sleep.
I wonder how she would look at it if that "HAPPY LITTLE SHOT" was for her a$$!!!!:mad: :mad: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/mad.gif

jenluckenbach
05-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately that IS how some shelters work, unless they are no-kill. And YES, the people who work there DO believe that it is in the best interests of the animals. It would be so much harder for those folks to do their jobs if they DIDN'T think that way.
I know that I could not do that job, but with the animal population out of control the way it is and the fact that cetrain shelters HAVE to make room for the endless amounts of new animals being brought in daily, it is a fact of life that will be with us until people start preventing animals from breeding.
But it would have been nicer if she at least has a little sorrow in her voice :(

catnapper
05-10-2004, 06:37 AM
:mad: :( :mad:

I don't know what to say, other than you have a right to be angry. :(

catlady1945
05-10-2004, 06:38 AM
She is truly an idiot.

sirrahbed
05-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Missy, you sorta left us hanging here ... you say you were at a loss for words ....no such thing ....but is she still laying on the floor from after you punched her??:eek: :eek:

Kirsten
05-10-2004, 07:42 AM
How heartbreaking! :( How can a person be happy about such a thing? :(

I mean, I know some cultures have a different view on death, but this is upsetting me. :( I don't think that cat will happy about that solution!

Kirsten

catmandu
05-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Now , if that isnt putting Killingan animal , in thesweetest way. And I bet that that poor cat , would cling to hislife , with all his might , a little Shot , indeed!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Laura's Babies
05-10-2004, 09:03 AM
SLAP!
SLAP!
SOCK IN HER JAW!

kimlovescats
05-10-2004, 11:08 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

kuhio98
05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Sigh... I think you guys are right. This is probably the only way she can handle working there. It's the same at our shelter. The person who put Kuhio to sleep, still calls it a "clerical error".

RedHedd
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Aagh! Denial is NOT a river in Egypt! What an idiot. :o :mad: :mad: :( :o :mad: :mad:

bluekat
05-10-2004, 04:52 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sirrahsim
05-10-2004, 04:58 PM
just so that people don't get a negative opinion of the Japanese... it was an American girl that said that.... as much as I wish it wasn't. Sorry I left you hanging, she shocked my socks off so I was sitting there with my jaw on the floor. By the time I had regained my compsure the instructor was back... by the end of the class I was so irritated that I knew that if I stayed around after class I would have started yelling or getting violent. Perhaps I was a pansy for just walking away, but she was bigger than me and could have easily kicked my butt..

Vio&Juni
05-11-2004, 02:34 AM
For me, every life is a one time gift, a miracle. I would prefer to see that cat out on the streets than in any kennel or shelter that does that. Who decides what makes a cat happy? Them, with their little shot?

moosmom
05-11-2004, 10:50 AM
CCL,

I wonder how she would look at it if that "HAPPY LITTLE SHOT" was for her a$$!!!!

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!

Someone should 6itch slap this broad!!! :mad: :mad: