PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Tuna?

Edwina's Secretary
04-19-2001, 05:21 PM
As a holiday gift, Edwina received a few cans of "cat tuna." We would give her less than a teaspoonful as a treat when we returned home each day. It quickly became a demand. She would "lead" whoever came home first to the refrigerator and yelp until she got her treat. (She tried telling whoever came home second that she hadn't had her treat yet and needed it RIGHT AWAY, but after a few double treats we caught on to her.)
We are having the kitchen remodeled so it is inacessible as of last week and the refrigerator is in the family room. I realized that Edwina has forgotten about the tuna! She is normally very bright but she doesn't seem to connect the large white box in the family room with the large white box the tuna came out of in the kitchen. It will be interesting to see what she does when the kitchen is finished. However, it will be a different refrigerator and in a different location!

4 feline house
04-19-2001, 10:10 PM
Isn't that funny? We think they're as smart as us sometimes, then they miss what would seem to be something obvious. By the way, I don't envy you right now, with your appliances decorating your family room!

TabooKitty
04-20-2001, 05:29 PM
That is hysterical! My Taboo has me put the tuna on top of his dry food TWICE PER DAY! He's even gone as far as to pout if it is served any later than 3:15PM (dinner)! He even kept the 3:15PM standard when we switched to daylight savings time! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary:
As a holiday gift, Edwina received a few cans of "cat tuna." We would give her less than a teaspoonful as a treat when we returned home each day. It quickly became a demand. She would "lead" whoever came home first to the refrigerator and yelp until she got her treat. (She tried telling whoever came home second that she hadn't had her treat yet and needed it RIGHT AWAY, but after a few double treats we caught on to her.)
We are having the kitchen remodeled so it is inacessible as of last week and the refrigerator is in the family room. I realized that Edwina has forgotten about the tuna! She is normally very bright but she doesn't seem to connect the large white box in the family room with the large white box the tuna came out of in the kitchen. It will be interesting to see what she does when the kitchen is finished. However, it will be a different refrigerator and in a different location!