PDA

View Full Version : I think it's time to say good-bye.

Desert Arabian
05-09-2004, 05:09 PM
***PLEASE SEE THREAD IN PET MEMORIAL***

I think it is time I get ready to say good-bye to my friend, Daisy.

I just got back from camp, and she is in terrible condition, even on medication. She is going downhill rather than up hill.

I am 90% sure she has a pituitary tumor. Her sister has a (mammary) tumor too, so it's probably genetic. Her head is cocked as far as it can go, and she is almost completely paralyzed her in front legs- she can't stand and can't walk, she drags herself and spins in a circle. Her mouth and belly are covered in blood which is coming from her nose. She can't drink water anymore and she is starting to ignore her food.

I think it's time. I am going to talk to my mom when she gets home from work.

I would like to thank everyone who had Daisy in their prayres, I guess good luck just isn't on her side.

:( :( :(

BABY DAISY:
http://members.aol.com/YellowLabLuvr/adaisy1.JPG

DAISY NOW:
http://members.aol.com/YellowLabLuvr/adaisy.JPG

GoldenRetrLuver
05-09-2004, 05:26 PM
You have me in tears. :( :( :(

Good Luck with your decision; whatever you decide. :(

Fallon
05-09-2004, 05:39 PM
no no no this is too sad. i am so sorry for you and for daisy!

trayi52
05-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Yes, now I am in tears too, especially showing that cute little baby picture. :(

I am so, so sorry. I to wish you luck with the decision you have to make, and I know you will make the right one.

Willie

Kater
05-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I am so sorry for Daisy and for you Laura. I will pray for a most peaceful passing for little Daisy. I also pray for your strength during this most trying and difficult time.
I am so glad I got to meet sweet Daisy! I feel very privileged. :)

{{{HUGS}}}

luckies4me
05-09-2004, 07:09 PM
This really sucks. This is why I am a breeder, for exactly this reason. I don't breed rats with illness, tumors etc. People need to wake up and start breeding healthy rats, and that includes feeders too. For the sake of each person that adopts one of these babies froma petstore not knowing their background. Things need to change and it makes me so frustrated. Daisy is so young and it breaks me heart that you are going through this. This is not the way she was supposed to leave. She was supposed to be curled up in her hammock asleep, not like this. :(

Desert Arabian
05-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone, your responses me a lot to me. I just feel so bad that was letting her suffer, I feel terrible for that. I never want my pets to suffer, and she is. :( :( :( I just wish that she got better.

manda_moo87
05-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about sweet Daisy, if she is suffering you know you are making the right decision. You and Daisy are in my prayers...:(

carole
05-09-2004, 11:39 PM
I am very sad to hear about Daisy, know in your heart this is the right thing to do and it is time, may daisy enter RB peacefully, don't feel bad for trying to give Daisy a chance to live, we always hope they will get better.

I know how sad you must feel right now, and just want to send you big hugs and our love.

wolf_Q
05-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Laura I'm so sorry to hear about that. :( It is always hard to lose a pet, no matter how long they have been in your life. :(

jenfer
05-10-2004, 05:29 PM
I am sorry to hear that. :( {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
05-11-2004, 12:26 AM
your in my thoughts and prayers Laura.

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Man, I know it sucks to loose a ratty...:( my prayers are with you. Luckies, I agree with you too...

CountryWolf07
05-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Aww! I'm sorry to hear about that.. :( She'll be in a better place.. always remember that..