PDA

View Full Version : Puppy proof bed?

Toby's my baby
05-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Maggie chewed up her bed, and we need to get a new one. Before I go out and by one I was hopping you guys would have some suggestions on some good beds out there, hopefully some ones Maggie cant chew up?

Kfamr
05-09-2004, 02:04 PM
I don't think there's such thing. :p
Nala chewed up the bed we had for Simba.. we had it for years.
We came home to wood shavings and clothe everywhere.

I'd just wait until she's out of the chewing stage to get her another bed... that's what we did.

Toby's my baby
05-16-2004, 04:28 PM
LOL

I'd wait but she doesnt have much to sleep on. I filled the dog house with straw for now.

How long does this puppy chewing stage last?

Dogz
05-16-2004, 04:44 PM
EDIT: :o

I thought you meant Maggie chewed up YOUR bed! LOL!

I agree with guster girl and Karen. An old blanket or towel will work fine. Make sure you won't need it again, in case she chews it up.

guster girl
05-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Finn ate his first (and last) bed, too. So, he just has a queen sized flannel sheet in his crate now. It's sufficient, and, he doesn't really tear into it. You can also just get things like towels, as long as they're clean. And, Finn will be five months old on the 24th, and, he still hasn't lost any baby teeth, so, he's still teething. :)

Karen
05-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Yup - I'd recommend an old blanket or folded up towel for now. She might chew it, but it's cheaper than a bed. She's at that stage that she will choose everything, anyway! :)

binka_nugget
05-16-2004, 08:04 PM
My dogs have never personally "tested" these beds but our pound has these beds in every kennel. They're said to be chew proof and very durable.

http://www.kuranda.com/

Logan
05-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Oh, I feel your pain!!! Mine aren't puppies any longer and they still can and will chew up any bed!!! My youngest is 5 years old!!!!

Check out this link. They are expensive, but they are guaranteed, I think, so it might be worth your while to check them out:

Orvis (http://www.orvis.com/intro.asp?adv=16064&dir_id=1633&Group_ID=1634&subject=849&cktst=true)

mruffruff
05-17-2004, 11:39 AM
"This Chew proof bed is SUPER tough" according to DrsFosterSmith.com catalog. Starting at $99.99.

I think I'd wait until my puppy was full grown before I'd invest in one of these. For now, towels or old blankets work fine. Avoid quilts--they sometimes swallow the stuffing and that can cause intestinal blockage.

Mary

Toby's my baby
05-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks you guys

We have straw and blankets in her dog house now, she keeps stealing rugs from my grandpa's house :p

I will wait till shes older to get her a new bed... maybe one that will last a little longer;)

Canis Amicus
05-20-2004, 06:37 AM
I bought several cushions (for swimmpool or garden long chairs) and cover it it big bath towels, and left at Rex' favorite spots. He loves them all. I bought also sheepskin rugs.

Rosana
and
Rex (German Shepherd, 3y)