PDA

View Full Version : Rex' first class at dog school

Canis Amicus
05-08-2004, 01:02 PM
It seens there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Today I took Rex to his first class at dog school (near Zurich), he did better than I expected. I think the trainer is very good.
He took Rex for demonstration at the very beginning, and Rex responded very well ( at the begining we was a little like a "wild wolf from the stone age"), but he learned to hear me. I couldn't imagine it was the same dog that uses to walk with me. Only the "heel" command he needed a little more time.

At the end of the class, he even played with the other dogs, without wanting to "eat" them!!!
We have eleven more classes at this course.

After the class I didn't need the "sash leather" to firm the leash anymore ( so I could have more resistence when he pulled) and he walked nicely our way back home.

Just to control how he was doing after the class, we walked 45 minutes till a bus station, and he was ok. He growled and barked when he met another dog (at a distance) but quickly I could put him back in track.

The trainer put a collar like a chain on him and showed me the move to make when he flips out. It is working.

A lady told me that her dog was the same like Rex: indoors a gentle, sweet baby, but outdoors, was like a hurricane, and he is much better now, after the classes. Rex was not the only newcomer, thanks God!

I took my camera with me, but no opportunity to take pictures, I think it will be possible as soon as he advances his learning process.

Thank you all.

Rosana
and
Rex, GSD, 3y

guster girl
05-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Congratulations, Rex! I think that's incredible what you are doing for him. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel for the two of you!

BCBlondie
05-08-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm so glad Rex is doing so well!! You're doing such a good job with him. I'm sure in no time he'll be a very well-behaved dog, indoors and outdoors! Rex is such a handsome dog too. :)

tatsxxx11
05-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Congratulations Rex! It's wonderful to hear how much progress he's making:) Your devotion and dedication to him is amazing. He's so lucky to have found you! Keep up the good work, Rex:)

KYS
05-08-2004, 07:24 PM
What a good boy Rex is. Keep up the good work. :)

dukedogsmom
05-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Good boy, Rex! We're already proud of you. Can't wait to see more pics.

jenfer
05-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Great! :) Doggie classes are always so much fun (maybe not always for me :rolleyes: :D ). But it's always a good experience. Have fun with class!

Canis Amicus
05-09-2004, 04:00 AM
I was so glad about him, after the class, that yesterday I let him sleep on the couch (he never tried the couch or my bed), as a reward for becoming a better boy.

The walks are much easier now.

Have a nice Sunday.

Rosana
and
Rex

ChrisH
05-09-2004, 09:57 AM
That's great!! :D Rex, what a good boy you are!:)

Kfamr
05-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Great job, Rex!! Keep up the good work and make us proud!! ;) :D
What a handsome boy you are!