PDA

View Full Version : Back from the White Coat

catnapper
05-08-2004, 11:57 AM
We're back from the vet -- after a looong wait.
I am a proud meowmie. He was such a good boy. He sat on my lap and purred while we waited, then got bored and MEOWED til I let him down to look out the french door in the waiting room. Everyone commented on how well behaved he was and how sweet he is. :) *beaming with pride*

He's definately got an infection, but Clavomox to fix it. They want to see him again on Friday to make sure everything is helaing properly. The vet said that what happened was his nail completely tore away from the bone..... the bone was ok, but the nail was floating above it. She removed as much of the nail as possible and wrapped him very tight. She said it'll heal on its own as a new nail grows in its place.

That said, he is NOT a happy kitty to be wearing a bandage
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/wrappedbooboo.jpg

But it still didn't stop him from attacking Allen under the bedroom door:
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/playingbooboo.jpg

catnapper
05-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Here's a short video of him trying to figure out the bandage... he couldn;t decided if he wanted to walk or chew it off. Nicki is very concerned about him... its short but a sweet video because you can see Nicki wanting to see if he is ok.

kimlovescats
05-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Awwwww, I'm so glad he is OK.... he's trying so hard to get that darn bandage off, and sweet Nicki is so concerned!

(((HUGS))) to Pouncer!!!:)

Randi
05-08-2004, 12:04 PM
I can't help laughing when I look at these pictures. :D But I'm glad the vet visit went so smoothly and the nail will grow back. :)

I just saw the video - he does seem annoyed about it, but still he haesn't lost his spirit!

catcrazylady
05-08-2004, 12:06 PM
What a cute video!! Nicki is so concerned about poor little Pouncer! How sweet! Boy you can certainly tell that Pouncer is not happy about that bandage! But obviously not enough to stop him from playing with Allen. I'm glad to know that he will be ok and antibiotics will take care it. How long will he have to leave the bandage on?

catnapper
05-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm not supposed to change it. The vet wants it to stay on until FRIDAY... umm.... its not going to make it. He's determiend to get rid of it, even though I told him NO.

I need to stop by the pet supply store and get some "Yesterday's News" litter so that if he does get it off, then at least the claw litter won't get into the wound.

Randi
05-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I think you're right - it's not going to make it. :eek: Have you considered putting a cone on him?

catnapper
05-08-2004, 12:17 PM
I've considered it, but since he's a the Houdini of cats, he'll only escape from it the moment I'd turn around. I know he would. :rolleyes:

trayi52
05-08-2004, 12:20 PM
He is trying awful hard to get that bandage off, looks like he thinks he can shake it off. Nicki is being so good with him, they look so sweet together!

I'm glad Pouncer seen the vet, he looks so cute sticking his little boo boo paw under the door. Poor baby.

Willie:)

ChrisH
05-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Just caught up with the story of Pouncer and the torn nail. Glad to read you have such an understanding and helpul vet, and, most of all, that Pouncer is going to be ok and the nail will grow back ... if Pouncer will let it that is!

Chris

Kirsten
05-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Awww, poor Pouncer, Lily is so sorry that you have to wear that annoying bandage!

But she asks you to be a good boy and not to remove it because your paw will heal much better with that bandage on.

She's thinking of you! :)

Kirsten

QueenScoopalot
05-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Poor Pouncer! Bitter Apple spray works well for deterring chewing. Most pet supply stores carry it. Spray the bandgaged area, and I'll bet Pouncer will stop chewing it. It tastes horrible, but is designed for pets. ;)

Laura's Babies
05-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Poor Pouncer! Leave that bandage on (yea, RIGHT!) so you tootsie can heal. Just think, you have a white paw now! Glad things are going good for you now, you are on your way to recovery! Looks like he was waving in the video!

rg_girlca
05-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Aww poor Pouncer. I hope his little paw heals fast and well.
Pouncer, please be a good boy and leave your bandage alone. It's for your own good.

catnapper
05-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Thank you everyone! He's being a very good boy about the bandage now and has quickly mastered the art of running full speed on THREE legs, while he holds the wrapped one out front in the air.:rolleyes: I think it just might make it til Friday when the vet removes it and inspects how well the paw is healing.

Steffi N
05-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Pouncer, I am sorry you have to wear that annoying ridiculous THING on your paw. But it's to help your paw get better, so be a good boy. And you'll have a new claw too.
:)

Barbara
05-09-2004, 07:52 AM
I am glad to hear you'll have a new claw and I am sure the bandage won't be that much of a handicap;) Now take your meds and be a well-behaved kitty and it will be gone in no time:)

catmandu
05-09-2004, 11:20 AM
The Found Cats are concerned , for Pouncer , and hope that The Toys , that they sent , will help take his mind , off of the Cast! Gary , the Rescue doesnt like his either!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Awww....poor Pouncer! I'm sure I'll come across the whole story as I get caught up, but I just had to say that video was too cute. And the paw under the door! Now it's so much easier since it's so skinny! :D :D

I'm glad he'll be ok - what a naw-tee boy! I thought he might be growing out of his naw-tee-ness as he gets older, but I guess not....not yet anyway. :D