PDA

View Full Version : More likely to buy a product if there is an animal in the ad??

Freckles
05-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Not necessarily, but I would definately look carefully at the message.:)

Karen
05-08-2004, 11:24 AM
I remember commercial with animals in them more, but rarely remember what product it's for - I just remember that commercial with the golden pups, or, okay, I do remember that the recent commercial with the completely adorable Lab puppy writing home from camp, that shows him and other puppies playing, and is just about the cutest thing ... is for some flea product, but that's cause he sings it in his song!

Miss Hoppy doesn't need flea goop so I wouldn't buy the product, but I love that commercial!

G.P.girl
05-08-2004, 06:02 PM
i don't know if i would actually buy the product more, but i definatly like watching the commercails better. if it was the same price as another, i would choose the one iwith the animal in it over a plain one

teenster3
05-09-2004, 07:58 AM
I think people tend to look at advertising more if there's a "cute" little puppy or animal in it. There's definitely gotta be something there to "catch your eye" otherwise, why advertise! I don't know that it will make people buy that product any more though.
Does this count: I buy Snuggle fabric softener because of the bear...yes, I am guilty even though this isn't a "real" animal. :D
I do look carefully at the Humane Society commercials though and the fight against cruelty to animals!!!