PDA

View Full Version : Good News About Jasper's Alergies!!!

DogLover9501
05-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Well I was talking to my vet a few days ago...

I had asked her about different alergy tests because we're doing all these food trials and it may not even be food!

And I also asked her about alergy shots, thanks to Cincy'sMom :D

She told me that they can do 3 tests.

There's a food test, they test 15-20 different foods, and its $160, plus $20 for something else and $9 for the blood thing.

There is no alergy shots if his alergies are food realted :( The vet says we still just have to do food trials...

Then there's an environment test, they test 48 different things in the environment, and it's $300 :eek: plus the $20 and $9.

BUT there is a pre-test you can do BEFORE paying the $300+ for the environment one, its a pre-screen environment test, and it tests ALL the same things, and it comes back with just negatives and/or positives, but it doesn't tell you what things were negative or positive.

So if we have ANY positive(s) at all, then we can move on to do the $300 one and find out exactly what.

And if we don't have any positives then theres no reason to do the other one and we wouldn't waste $300.

So when I can(money-wise), I am going to get the pre-screen environment one done AND the food one, as it could be alergies to both a food and something in the environment.

Well just an update, finally going to find out what he's alergic to, I hope...

luckies4me
05-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Good luck. :) I hope all goes well and you can finally find out what the trouble is.

ChrisH
05-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Good luck!! :) I so hope you find something that works for Jasper.

Chris

cloverfdx
05-10-2004, 11:07 AM
I wish you and Jasper luck and i hope you find out what he is alergic to soon.

DogLover9501
05-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone :D