PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day gift...horse drawing..

slleipnir
05-07-2004, 10:19 PM
I was trying to think of something to get my mom. I had no clue to be honest what to get her. I went out shopping and ended up unsure if I should get this or that. I desided I'd *try* to draw her a pic. I drew a couple horse pictures before, so I thought I'd try again seeing she likes them..oddly enough lol.

Anyway, I've been working on this for a few hours believe it or not O_O' I thought I was pretty much done other then touch ups and cleaning up the lines..I was drawing it pretty big, so when I resized it, I noticed the legs were kinda short! lol. Anyway, I need to fix it so I cropped the oogly legs out (I CANNOT draw legs/hoofs if my life depended on it) So yeah..What do you think? I like some of it, I know it needs work still, but remember, it's not done :D

http://tainted-sky.net/horse1md.jpg

(I know the top of the legs are too small XD need to fix that as well, just wanted to show you my start of it)

GoldenRetrLuver
05-07-2004, 10:24 PM
That's AWESOME, Audrey! :D

I wish I had half the drawing skills you have. :p

Be sure to show it to us when it's finished! I'm sure your mom will love it, and that it'll come out great!

guster girl
05-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I think that's awesome! :)

slleipnir
05-07-2004, 10:27 PM

guster girl
05-07-2004, 10:38 PM
I've actually drawn a few things. I don't consider myself an artist (maybe photography), but, there are a few things I've been able to draw well. I drew a horse (kind of a bust, just from the shoulders up) from a "draw horses" book. I've kept it for years. If I can get to a scanner, and, don't feel nervous about posting it, I'll put it up and see what you think. My ex boyfriend inspired my creativity. I've written several poems, mostly sad or negative, unfortunately, but, still ok. And, I can't really draw very many things, but, for some reason, I've been able to draw him really well. Again, if I can get the nerve to post them, I will. Seeing yours makes me want to share! I can't wait to see the finished drawing, although, if I were to receive just what you've drawn already, I would love it! It's really impressive!

Fallon
05-07-2004, 10:40 PM
That's a really good drawing. i wish i were good at drawing, i'd have so much fun if i was. well anyways, i'm sure your mom will love it. are you going to color it or anything?

Kfamr
05-07-2004, 10:41 PM
I think it looks great, and she'll love it just because it's from her daughter!!

LOD! LOD LOD LOD!!!!!

Karen
05-07-2004, 10:43 PM
It's a good start. For the legs. get some thinner paper, lay it over what you've done, and keep drawing sets of legs 'til you've got a set that look right - THEN add them in on the real thing. Nice expression on the horse's face, too. The neck could be a bit thicker, not much, but it's a teeny bit thin to be holding up that head.

Of course your mom will like it - YOU made it! ;)

slleipnir
05-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
I've actually drawn a few things. I don't consider myself an artist (maybe photography), but, there are a few things I've been able to draw well. I drew a horse (kind of a bust, just from the shoulders up) from a "draw horses" book. I've kept it for years. If I can get to a scanner, and, don't feel nervous about posting it, I'll put it up and see what you think. My ex boyfriend inspired my creativity. I've written several poems, mostly sad or negative, unfortunately, but, still ok. And, I can't really draw very many things, but, for some reason, I've been able to draw him really well. Again, if I can get the nerve to post them, I will. Seeing yours makes me want to share! I can't wait to see the finished drawing, although, if I were to receive just what you've drawn already, I would love it! It's really impressive!

You should post it! I bet it looks great :) If I can post all the stuff I do, then you should post yours too! You definitely shouldn't feel nervous about posting it, though :)

That's a really good drawing. i wish i were good at drawing, i'd have so much fun if i was. well anyways, i'm sure your mom will love it. are you going to color it or anything?
Thanks :D I may color it, it depends. The others I have done for her are just sketchy like, so I may do this one the same and print it out for her. I'll most likely color it, but it may not be the one I give her :D

I think it looks great, and she'll love it just because it's from her daughter!!

I hate that haha. I could draw something really stupid and effortless and be like, here. And she'd be like OMG, it's great!! (even though it's just a squiggly line) lmao. My sister gave her a quarter when she was a kid, and mom still has it :rolleyes: So that's why if I do something like this, I really have no idea if she actually likes it, or if it's just her 'mothery-ness' that likes it :rolleyes:

LOD! LOD LOD LOD!!!!!
Yes, only this one has 4 LOD's. FOUR!! Soon to take over the world. Yes. The next president will be a LOD so watch out. (I'd vote for Mr. LOD though myself..)

slleipnir
05-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Karen
It's a good start. For the legs. get some thinner paper, lay it over what you've done, and keep drawing sets of legs 'til you've got a set that look right - THEN add them in on the real thing. Nice expression on the horse's face, too. The neck could be a bit thicker, not much, but it's a teeny bit thin to be holding up that head.

Of course your mom will like it - YOU made it! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions :D Actually it's all done on the computer so no paper :( I suppose I could do something like that though with the program, good idea! The neck is suppose to be under it's mane..I guess I messed it up though haha

trayi52
05-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Just like Karen and Kay said, your mother will love it, because you, her daughter took the time to draw it for her. Trust me, I know.

It is very good, I like it.

Willie:)

dukedogsmom
05-08-2004, 06:31 AM
I think it looks great! I never would have guessed it was done on the computer. That just amazes me.

Dogz
05-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Wow, that is awesome!

Everyone gave great suggestions, I can't wait to see the finished product!

I am sure your mom will love it!

EssTer
05-08-2004, 10:06 AM
WOW!!!!! I think that drawing is AWESOME!!!

slleipnir
05-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks so much :)

molucass
05-08-2004, 02:28 PM
That's great! I can't wait to see what it looks like when its done..... I am also making something for my mom..

I'm sure yours will love it. :)