PDA

View Full Version : favourite dog story

SandraDee
05-07-2004, 07:52 PM
I thought it might be fun to read some personal favourite doggie stories. Here's one of mine.
One day Blue and Jasmine (RB rough collies) were wandering around the bush. I called them and called them and finally Blue came running, but Jasmine was nowhere to be found, which was unusual. I called and called, but still no Jasmine. Finally I told Blue to go and find her. At first he didn't know what I wanted, but I followed him all over until he caught on to what I wanted. He went about half way in our garden and stopped, looking into the bush, then decided -not that way- so he went to the end of the garden and followed a beaten path part way before heading into denser bush. I followed him until we came to Jasmine. She was tangled up in a barb-wire fence. She was in the bush parallel to where Blue had stopped in the garden, but it was an easier walk the way he chose. I couldn't believe it. Blue had lead me right to her. I had to get scissors to cut Jasmine's fur free. I was also surprised that Jasmine didn't bark to let me know she was caught. Blue was always a smart dog!
In the picture, Blue is the one on the left, Jasmine on the right.
Anyone got a story to share?

Fallon
05-07-2004, 08:20 PM
That is such a pretty picture. That was also a very nice story, hearing about how Blue knew exactly what you wanted and led you right to jasmine. what a smart and helpful dog.

I have a story too but it isn't really like yours it's more of a "caught in the act" story and quite funny.

My dad, grandma and I always knew one of the animals we had always got into the trash while we weren't around and left garbage on the floor all around it, we just didn't know which one! Well one day we found out in the funniest ways. We have one of those trash cans with a lid on it and also the lid closes and opens with a button.. well anyways, one day we caught our dog Meisha with the lid around her neck walking around. I guess we forgot to close the lid and got it stuck around her neck. She started walking away with her head down when we found her.. so yeah I just thought I'd share that and i hope to hear more stories.

SandraDee
05-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi Fallon, that is a funny story.
I can just picture the dog with the garbage can around its neck:D
Funny how they act when they know they've done something bad.
I hope more people post their favourite stories.

Rachel
05-08-2004, 07:28 AM
My RB dog, Bailey was one of those *dogs of a lifetime*, and indeed a smartee pup. As all my dogs have done and still do, Bailey shared my bed.

One night when my husband was out of town on business trip, Bailey and I went through our normal routine in preparing for the night. She went outside, got her *nighty cookie* and I brushed my teeth and got a glass of water to put on the nightstand. We cuddled up together and watched TV a bit before I turned off the lights.

Normally I fall asleep quite quickly, but with my husband being gone, I couldn't seem to do that, so I decided just to lay there still with my eyes closed and sleep would eventually come. After 10 minutes or so I felt Bailey stand up and gingerly step over my body, ever so cautiously padding to the opposite side of the bed where the destinct sound of *lap, lap, lap* filled the stillness of the night as she helped herself to the water in my glass on the nightstand. It was that night I realized just how much in life we actually *shared*.

Laura's Babies
05-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Sparkey's story......

One day, my daughter opened the back door to find a big, beautiful dog on her door mat sleeping. For days, she would find that dog there everytime she opened the door, the dog would not be "shoo'ed" away. The dog took to following her son everywhere, whenever he went outside, he would not leave the boys side until he went back in the house and then the dog would lay on the door mat and wait for the boy. Her husband did not approve. He does not care for animals that much, but the dog stayed and stayed until he grew on them. So, they took him to the vet and had him checked out, named him Sparkey. Sparkey is a black and white border collie mix. He was very afraid of the "man" of the house and would not allow him to touch him for a long time so my daughter came up with the idea of letting the man of the house feed him at night and told him to stand there and gently talk to him while he ate. Eventually, he was able to reach down and pet him while he ate and things progress from there. THEN, winter came. One very cold night, a freeze was expected, so the man of the house" went and got Sparkey and brought him inside out of the cold.... (This was a MAJOR step for the man, he does not like animals in the house.)

As you can guess, this happened years ago and Sparkey has won them all over as he does everyone he meets, still being the very grown now, teen age boys shadow. He now has his own bed IN the house and every now and then, even ending up in the Mom & Dad's bed and for sure on the sofa when they leave him inside while they are gone. The "man of the house" is REQUIRED now to scratch Sparkeys belly every night when he comes him from work before he can do anything else. He takes him to their property out in the country to let him run and play while he is mowing the grass out there. Sparkey is a one in a milion dogs that adopted THEM. Very few that I have heard of has choosen their own house and families but Sparkey sure did. He came and refused to leave!

SandraDee
05-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh, Laura, I just loved your story! What a happy ending. Thanks for sharing!:)