PDA

View Full Version : she peed on what?????

Miranda
10-02-2000, 05:46 PM
I have a problem, one of my female cats is becoming more regular in her use of my furniture as a litter box. All of my cats are indoor cats. I have two litter boxes at home and I clean them out on a daily basis, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get her to stop. She gets lots of attention and there is someone at the house the majority of the time, I just don't know what to do.....Please help!!!

Catlovr
10-03-2000, 11:41 AM
I had the same problem with my cat Sammy. Everytime she would sit in that position we would spray her with a water bottle. And we used the water bottle to train her to behave as well. It really worked. She understood that if she was going to pee to pee in the litter box not in my bed or lap.

Kirsten
10-03-2000, 12:35 PM
Miranda, are your cats already neutered? If they're not, this little surgery will probably help.
I had the same problem with female cats twice, and each time it stopped after they had that surgery.

Kirsten

EileenKay
10-06-2000, 01:15 AM
Miranda, sounds like it is time for a vet visit. Here is some info:
http://poop-pee.homepage.com/

Regarding the water spray advice, that is not considered appropriate for normal training by any reputable behaviorist than I know of. In fact Catlovr you are lucky Sammy doesn't piss under the beds and behind the furniture with that kind of misappplied discipline. I certainly don't recommend anyone else use such a method.

Female cats are spayed, male cats are neutered. If a female cat is allowed to go into heat prior to being spayed (and as a result may pee or spray or spot in the house) this greatly increases their future risk of mammary cancer.

[This message has been edited by EileenKay (edited October 06, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by EileenKay (edited October 06, 2000).]