PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Poll

Fallon
05-07-2004, 11:12 AM
How well do your cats get along with other animals, such as mice, hamsters, rabbits, birds, etc.? How do your cats react around them?

Just wondering..

aly
05-07-2004, 11:21 AM
My cats all get along REALLY well with dogs, but as far as smaller animals, they haven't really been exposed to much else. I want birds, but I am afraid to get any with cats in the house. They like to sit in the window and watch the birds outside, but I have an uneasy feeling on what they'd do to birds in the house.

aki
05-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Chuck has always take a long time to tolerate a dog. He is just now starting to cuddle the dog we got just before Chrismas. Mainly becuase she is very calm and dosen't chase him.

My daughter had a Guinea Pig that he hated because it would chew on his fur and try to tunnel under his belly.

Last summer my neighbor brought over baby bunnies for us to see and he loved them. He groomed them and everything. I think he was seeing how they taste because he did try to take a bite out of one. A big bite like he was going to go somewhere with it. We were all yelling, Chuckie no! He just sat there with an expression like, Well why did you give it to me then?

Gosh, now that I think about it, he has been around a lot of animals. My daughter is one to bring animals home and my neighbors volunteer for the humane society as fosters so he has also seen baby squirrels and baby racoons. He didn't like either too much and wrinkled up his nose upon smelling them. They probably smell "wild".

Barbara
05-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Filou and Tigris eat spiders:D
They cannot catch birds because they have a netting around the balcony:D
But they met a DAWG- my mom's dachshund Amber. Filou wnet there curiously and even came very close to a nosekissie:eek:

Tigris went under the bed. An hour later or so, Amber was feeling a little more secure and wandered around to see where the other furries were. She met Tigris under the bed and - yawl- got a scratch on her nose :(

So I would say my boys are territorial with dogs:(

Catsnclay
05-07-2004, 02:00 PM
We also have "pet" ducks.

Fred & Ethel have been hanging around our house for a couple of years now. I still have no idea how they found our house :confused: I am really not a bird person. But one day there they were, at our front door, so I fed them! (yes, BTW, I feed any animal that comes to our house/yard) They usually come for breakfast and then again at dinner time.......HOW do they know when I feed the kitties dinner is still beyond me :eek:

Most times they spend the whole day in our backyard, I guess its safe from the neighborhood kids. I feed them right on our patio, so the boys can watch their every move. They have even come up to the screen door and almost have touch noses with the cats. They all get along........as long as there is a screen door between them :p