PDA

View Full Version : First day on the job *sigh*

Sirrahsim
05-07-2004, 06:11 AM
Well, for those of you who don't know (which is most of you:rolleyes:) I applied for a job a few weeks ago. I got a call on Sunday asking me to come in for an interview on Monday. On Thursday they called to offer me the job. Then today I had to go back out to the human resources office to do my in-processing... Weeeellll, as I was finishing up at the HRO, they asked me to run over to the Officer's Club (where I now work) because my new boss wanted to talk with me "real quick". Ha ha ha, he asked me to stay and I ended up staying until 7. I was only there for about 5.5 hours, but after just that much time I am exhausted. My job in the cashiers cage isn't exactly *hard*work, it's just a lot of very detailed work. I tried to cram so much new information into my head today that I seriously feel as though I could just go to sleep for a week!! But, alas, I can not go to sleep for a week because I work tomorrow, have an all day orientation on Monday and then work again on tuesday after I finish my early morning Food Handlers Cert test. Who the heck knows why I need *THAT* paritcular item, but I wasn't given a choice:D:rolleyes: anyway, I get paid for my time at the HRO and for today and for the all day orientation, and the wages aren't bad so I can't complain too much:) Anywho, just felt like sharing:) thanks for your time:)
Missy

kimlovescats
05-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Congratulations, Missy! Sounds like a good job ... and hey, money is very helpful!!! ;) :D

catnapper
05-07-2004, 07:22 AM
No matter how detailed or grueling a job might be, that first week is absolutely exhausting! Its a wonder people's head DON'T explode during that week! :D

Anyway, congrats on your new job! From what you've described, it sounds like the same thing my mom does and she loves it because she gets to talk to many different people and has developed friendships with some of the regulars!

Corinna
05-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Good luck , keep smiling.

Vio&Juni
05-07-2004, 07:37 AM
I remember something about you saying that you applied for a job and I was curious if you have news :) I am glad for you. It is good to stay at home, esp. when you have a kitty, but, for a woman it is important to have a job. You only become more interesting (this, if your job is not exhausting you like hell).

sirrahbed
05-07-2004, 08:54 AM
YAY!! Missy that is great! Don't worry - you WILL feel overwhelmed at first-maybe even a few weeks but pretty soon you'll feel confident. I think it took me a month or more at the Senior Center and several months before I felt really sure of myself. The first few days - exhausting beyond belief!! Sounds like a great job - interesting because you will be doing so many different things plus talking with people. I bet you are already planning on what you will buy!;)

Sirrahsim
05-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I bet you are already planning on what you will buy!;)

Oh yes, my first paycheck arrives on the 28th and it is already good as spent:D
Thanks for all of your kind words:) I don't really Need to work, but I was getting bored of sitting around on my booty all day. I thought that if I didn't work that I would spend my time cooking and cleaning *HA!* I don't think I could cook or clean any less even if I worked 80 hours a week! So yeah, it's exhausting. One of my coworkers is American. One is Japanese. One is Japanese-American and one is Columbian. It's quite a stew of cultures in my little cashiers cage, but I think I'm going to like it:)