PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for mothers day...

carole
05-06-2004, 10:29 PM
To all of you who are mothers, have mothers, are furbabies mothers, what are you plans to celebrate this special day.?

My mother is going away to visit friends on Sunday, but we will go around sat evening and give her her present and spend time with her.

Then on sunday, I have a special day with my daughter, there is a special mother's day screening at the movies, of RAISING HELEN, I am going to see this with Melissa, can't wait, gosh seeing two movies in one week, what a treat.

To all mothers, have a wonderful Sunday, and may you get to be with those you love.

trayi52
05-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I have no idea what I'm going to do on mothers day, probably spend some time with my mother and my mother-in-law.

I haven't even thought about myself, Carole. The kids usually come in with presents. You know last year, Lindsey brought Grover to me, but she gave her to me a month early. That was the best mother's day present I ever got, even if it did come from a trashcan!LOL! Its going to be hard to beat that, unless she finds another one. Which I doubt happening again. Would be kind of funny though....

Happy Mothers day, Carole, hope you have the best ever.:)

Willie

carole
05-06-2004, 10:48 PM
THANKS willie, you too, yes that would be hard to top, getting Grover, such a cute lil kitty.

Have a super time with your loved ones Willie.:)

Tonya
05-06-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm a bad bad daughter! I'm having a big party on Saturday night, so nothing is happening on Mother's day. I already handed out the gifts.

Fallon
05-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Well I most likely wont do anything for mother's day.

CathyBogart
05-07-2004, 01:21 AM
My mom will be coming home from a funeral on Mother's day. I'll probably do something with Brian and his mom, and take my mom out next weekend.

sirrahbed
05-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Hubby and I are invited to my son and DIL's for lunch. My son is doing the planning and cooking. DIL is expecting our first grandbaby so it will be a special Mother's Day I think. I got her a little mother-to-be gift. Her mom is also coming. This relationship is interesting because my birth daughter is married to my DIL's brother!! So the "other" mom is sort of a sister-in-law by marriage or something eh?? I had read that the two couples' children would be genetically the same as siblings.
OK, more than you asked I know!
Happy Mother's Day!

Oh! "Raising Helen" sounds like such a fun movie! Especially to go to with your daughter! My Melissa and I went to see Ya-Ya Sisterhood togther and what fun!! Have a great time:D

carole
05-07-2004, 04:56 AM
Yes I have read the write up on it, it is perfect for a mother /daughter movie, stars Kate Hudson, she is also one of my favourites, special screening at 6pm, really looking forward to it, hope you all have as fun a day as I will. cheers everyone.

For those of you who no longer have your mothers, I just wanted to take the time to say, remember them with fondness, hold them close in your hearts, and never ever forget how much they mean't to you,they are still with you, and your love for them is forever. I hope mother's day will not bring you too much sadness and tears, but only wonderful memories.

neko1
05-07-2004, 06:02 AM
We're having a mother's day picnic at our house. :) I'm sure the kitties will just LOVE having all those people around in their house!:o

Cataholic
05-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Let's see...I am going to see my mom, then, I am going to spend some time with my furkids. I wonder if they got me presents? They DID send me cards already. I even scored TWO presents myself! Early Mother's Day gifts..yippee!

Tina
05-07-2004, 11:12 AM
We will be going to the lake for a pinic sunday for mother's day and will be celebrating my birthday also. It was yesterday but my mom wanted to cook something for me. So it is a two-in-one deal.

My husband will most likely be seeing his mom tomorrow and spending time with her.

Logan
05-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Johanna, your greatest Mother's Day gift is residing in your belly right now. What a blessing!!!!! :)

I hope all of you mothers, and mothers "to be" of skin kids and fur kids and feathered kids, gosh, and even scaled kids and insects (arachnids too, of course), will have a wonderful day. Each of you are very special to me and to your "children". :)

Happy Mother's Day!!!!! :D

Much love,
Logan

Karen
05-07-2004, 12:49 PM
This time of year I get really annoyed by the overwhelming resence of "BUY for MOM! Remember MOM!" commercialization. I sit in my car and sing the slow, old, mournful "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" spiritual, or at least sing it in my head. There's nothing I could buy my mom, she died almost 5 years ago from ALS. It's not like I could forget her, I AM her daughter in many ways. As are various of my nieces, and my sister, too.

I feel badly for other people whose mothers are either gone, or who were tragically bad at being mothers. People who never had a real mom. Women who have struggled tearfully, unsuccesfully for years to be moms. People still struggling against destructive family relationships - how must they all feel? Worse than me, I'm sure.

Then I am glad, because we will visit Paul's mom on Mother's Day, and she is alive and well. And she got her present already - I ordered it early so it could get there in time without overnight rush charges, and she got it in three days, not the ten days they said it'd take!

sirrahbed
05-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Johanna, your greatest Mother's Day gift is residing in your belly right now. What a blessing!!!!! :)

YES! Happy Mother's Day to you, Johanna! Think the kitties might pamper you a little??:rolleyes:

sirrahbed
05-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Karen
There's nothing I could buy my mom, she died almost 5 years ago from ALS. It's not like I could forget her, I AM her daughter in many ways. I feel badly for other people whose mothers are either gone, or who were tragically bad at being mothers. People who never had a real mom. Women who have struggled tearfully, unsuccesfully for years to be moms. People still struggling against destructive family relationships - how must they all feel? Worse than me, I'm sure.

Yes, I also lost my mom less than three years ago to Alzheimers - Lori (Jazzcat) just lost hers one week ago - my three married and left all within the past two years and quickly emptied my nest - so I also feel some sadness at this time. But, I guess we can still honor the concept of motherhood and still mourn at the same time, right? I don't like the commercial BUY! BUY! either. This holiday is always bitter-sweet, as is life I suppose.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Mother's day depresses me. I don't have much of a relationship with my mom. I desperately want a child of my own but have not yet been blessed with one. I don't actually know what we are doing, after church we will probably go out to eat with Justin's mom.

Kfamr
05-07-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure.

We'll probably go out to dinner or something, and give her gifts.

trayi52
05-07-2004, 02:14 PM
I also want to wish everybody here a happy mothers day! Just like Logan said, read her post and that is what I say and feel.

Kay what is Nala and Simba getting you for mothers day? I know! They are giving you lots of love! Best present ever!

Karen and Debbie, thats what you give to your mothers too, is lots of love, I think they know the love that you give to them. You are such warm and loving adults, and what better gift to a mother than that. I would be proud of my kids, even after I am gone, to know that the turned out so wonderful.

Kblaix, just know you are a daughter to be proud of. I was closer to my dad than I was to my mother. I love my mother dearly, but she is very wrapped up in her money. Well I am not going to get into that. I do want to spend it with her, and of course with my kids and grandkids!

Happy Mothers day to all! Whether you are the mother to furbabies or skinbabies.

Happy Mohters day to you Johanna, and anybody else that is expecting a bundle of joy.

Kater
05-07-2004, 02:49 PM
This Mother's day will be my last day at my current church child care job. It will be very bittersweet for me. I look forward to seeing what the little kids do for their mothers.

Unfortunately, I will be 4,163 miles away from my Mother this Mother's Day. :( I will definitely call home. Words will always fail to truly and fully express how deeply my mother's care and concern have meant to me but I will again try to put those feelings into words.

I too dislike the commercialization of this holiday. My mother has told me that she would rather spend time with her family than receive presents (not that you can't have both). So I don't feel pressured to buy her a gift. In the past I have usually made her something and I would do it this year if I wasn't smack dab in the middle of finals! :mad:

While looking up background information on this holiday I found this interesting piece first appearing in a 1972 Old Farmer's Almanac:
http://www.almanac.com/edpicks/mothersday.html

moosmom
05-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately, my mom passed away 31 years ago at the age of 44 from lung cancer that traveled to her brain.

While I was in CT, I'd go to the cemetery and have lunch, read a book, enjoy the weather and talk to her. I miss her so very much!

Happy Mother's Day to everone here on PT!!

trayi52
05-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Kater, remember what I said was the best gift I had ever received? Mine came from a garbage can.

I know your mother will be overjoyed just to hear your voice, that will mean more than anything to her. Giving gifts aren't what I feel mothers day is about anyway. Just give her a call and say I love you mom, and that will be the best gift!

Willie:)

Desert Arabian
05-07-2004, 03:51 PM
I'll be up at camp riding horseys, I have no clue what mom and dad are doing. :rolleyes: Today is their 21st anniversary too!:D ;) :p :rolleyes: :o