PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know of Some Good Nylabone Brand Items You Can Buy at Petco?

GuideDogPuppyRaiser
05-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. My guide dog group is only allowed to use Nylabone products for the "safety" of the pups. THEY CAN'T EVEN HAVE RAHIDE! I still follow the rules though even though they are silly:rolleyes: We tried to get Petco to give us a disacount but they said all we would get is 20 percent off one time, and you can just wait for a cupon better than that in the paper! :eek:

Thanks for any suggestions! ;)

wolf_Q
05-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Hey don't scoff at 20%....I work at Petco and get that discount. ;) Can the dogs chew on Kong products? I have one nylabone but I use kong products more often.

GuideDogPuppyRaiser
05-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Sorry, your right, 20% is a good discount! :) I'm just glad we got anything! Yes they are allowed to have Kongs but not the stuff you but that you can spray inside. If they are food obsessed, then the blind person can't go into resturaunts and that's not fair to the blind person is it? lol :p What bugs me is you can't even give them a cookie without putting it in their bowl. THAT'S how careful you have to be about them becoming food obsessed. They can also have the hard white bones that come with bone marrow in them, but you have to get the empty ones if anyone knows what i'm talking about. :)
Thanks for your advice!
PS. We haven't tried a kong with Tennyson yet but i think he will like it. When we introduced him to the vacum he didn't even care that a big huge noisy thing was right in front of hiM!:eek:

flamepony12
06-02-2004, 08:51 PM
hey guess what my old dog choked on a nyla bone and X:(