PDA

View Full Version : Time for the kittens to leave the nest

Aspen and Misty
05-06-2004, 09:20 PM
::sigh:: :(

The kittens are 8 weeks old today. One, the little girl Aiko, left yesterday for her new home. The two little boys, Aimee and Wyatt, are leaving for there new home on Saturday (Same women is takeing both). Wyatt doesn't have a home (Yet) and Sada, well the School doesn't want her, but I do, REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. And I've told my dad she is all I want for my 16th birthday (Next Wednesday the 12th) so I sure hope I get her, he's been kinda talking about it, like today he asked the school if they wanted her just to make sure it was ok to give her to a loving home, and they said they didn't want her, so he said Ok, we'll find her a home and gave me a qeird look but I'm wondering........

but I'm not getting my hopes up ;)

Well anyway, wish them luck! Both homes seem wonderful!!

Ashley

kimlovescats
05-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I know you are sad, and it is sooooooo hard to say goodbye ... but you have done a spectacular job!

(((HUGS)))

jenluckenbach
05-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Congratulations on a successful foster experience. (fun isn't it??)

The kittens will do fine because of the care you gave to them and mom.

Laura's Babies
05-07-2004, 07:45 AM
HAPPY 16 th. birthday!! My daughter wants a kitten for Mothers Day... Those are gifts that l-a-s-t-s- and l-a-s-t-s!! It will not go out of style, you will never outgrow it and it is something that you will love forever! Good luck getting the gift you want!!

catmandu
05-07-2004, 09:04 AM
We are Praying that the Little ones , are going to a Furr Ever Home , where thye will be respected , and Loved , all thier Lives! You should feel proud!!!

bluekat
05-07-2004, 10:19 AM
It must be very hard letting them go:( But I'm sure you'll find good homes for them all.

Good luck!

PayItForward
05-07-2004, 10:43 AM
All the best, foster kits. :D

Enjoy your new furever homes but don't forget about your foster mum.:D

Fallon
05-07-2004, 10:46 AM
I hope you have a great birthday and hop you get the kitten you want! It's good to know the other kittens are getting good homes.

Twink
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's already time!! :) :( :( :)

You should be so proud. Those kittens are going to have great lives in loving homes because of you. What a great start you gave them!

You, uh, haven't got any farewell pictures, have you?

Give Wyatt (who has always been my favorite!) and Sada smoochies for me. I sure hope Sada gets to stay with you. You two have been through so much together!

Congratulations on being a truly great foster mom! :D

catnapper
05-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Its great that you've taken such good care of the kittens until now, and they're are finiding their furever homes. I am keeping fingers and paws crossed that you get your sweet 16 birthday wish!

sirrahbed
05-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Ashley - I had NO IDEA you were only fifteen! I have to say I am impressed with all the care and consideration you have shown in selecting future parents for these kittens. I am just thinking about your concern over the one mom who did not seem to be very interested in the kitten, almost felt you did not want to adopt to her - thought better of it and called her...only to find she really was a good prospective mom and will take Aimee and a boy kitten, etc. I thought you were an adult who had done this before! Wow, very good! I also recall that you gave some declawing information to your friend who referred one of the adoptive moms (Aiko's?) to you if I am remembering correctly. I really hope your dad decides to let you keep Sada!! Maybe you can use PT folks as your references :D Great job! Show dad this whole thread if it helps!

Aspen and Misty
05-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Sorry I havn't been on for awile and I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say thank you to you all. I am exited the kittens are starting there new lives with there new families. But poor Wyatt is so confussed and lonly. He has been sitting on me, or sleeping on me or playing with me since they left. He cried outside my bedroom door last night (somewhere he has never been) and I got up and slept in the living room with him. He has been suckling mom more latly, probly for the comfort because I know she's not producing milk any more.

sirrahbed - Sorry I confused you :D Yup, I'm only 16 and I'm starting to do what I want to do in life (own my own shelter) Thanx to a wonderful and careing Dad (who might I add is alergic to animals and has never owned them till he lived with me :D ) I am able to do what I want. Thanx to Sada and her kittens, my dad has been allowing me to have 1 foster animal in the house at a time. Unless they were like the ducks we rescued from a meat farm who only stayed for a night or two. Right now we are looking into rescueing 1 or 2 bunnies from a meat farm my friend owns, there is a dog who needs to be fostered out and my friend wants to get ride of his ferret. You know, I never knew I knew so many animals who needed to go to the shelter.

Twink - I will hopefully have pics up soon. But I've been saying that for a long time :rolleyes:

Luar's babies- So, is she getting her kitten, I have a cute one who needs a home :p

catmandu- I hope these homes last for the cats lives, but if they don't I told the people if they EVER (even in 15 years) for some reason can't keep the cat, they always will have the option to bring it back to us and we will take it back.

jenluckenbach - Thank you through this whole thing you have been so wonderful and helping! Fostering is fun, the giving them up is the hard part :D

Ashley