PDA

View Full Version : Most Horrifying Experience EVER!!!!

NoahsMommy
05-06-2004, 12:49 PM
OMG!! It was so horrible!!! I was driving home last night after babysitting at around 12:45. I was eating a granola bar when I looked down at the speedometer and saw a HUGE spider walking back and forth!! It was large and meaty....it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo scary!!

I got all sweaty, started crying and got really light headed, I was terrified. I watched it crawl back and forth until it decided it wanted to go somewhere else, ie: IN THE DARK!!! I grabbed a drink bottle and rammed the spider twice, but had to stop because I think it walked/got away! I was even more terrfied!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was about five LONG minutes from home, crying and about to pass out, when David called to see where I was. Thank God!! He talked to me until I got home and then found and sent that horrible thing back to hell where it came from.

I couldn't go to bed until about 2:30 this morning because it was all I could think about. It terrified me!! I cannot believe something so small, and I guess, harmless (yea right!!!) terrified me so much. I couldn't even type it out here until now.

ACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! I just hope that demon spawn didn't have any friends in my car too. That totally freaks me out. :( :( :(

sirrahved
05-06-2004, 01:04 PM
I feel for you, girl! I had that happen to me once, there was a spider on the seat next to me in the middle of the night!

ramanth
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm glad you got home safe and I'm sorry that the spider scared you. :(

Personally, I don't mind spiders but I do understand some people don't share my opinion. :)

Fallon
05-06-2004, 02:09 PM
it probably wouldnt've hurt you.. but i can understand why you were afraid.

bluekat
05-06-2004, 04:01 PM
:eek: How scary! I'm terrified of spiders too...and other creepy crawlies. I hate ALL insects.

CathyBogart
05-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I hate ALL insects.

What does that have to do with spiders?

Meeeep, how scary though!! I had a daddy longlegs fall on my hand last night and I went ballistic!! I'm very glad I wasn't driving, and I'm glad you're ok.

slleipnir
05-06-2004, 04:44 PM
That happened to me before too! Only it was a smallish spider, but to me, even the small spiders are super creapy!! I started to cry and had to pull over and get out until I could find a way to kill it/get it out of the car (As I couldn't drive with IT there....) I have no idea how I got it out, but somehow I did..I was super late to pick my bro up, and he got really mad :rolleyes: It really is freaky! I know how you feel!

bluekat
05-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
What does that have to do with spiders?

A spider's an insect...I'm just scared of all insects.

Steffi N
05-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Kelly, I am glad you got home safely. I'm sorry you didn't have a kitty there to protect you from that awful creature.

CathyBogart
05-06-2004, 05:38 PM
A spider's an insect...I'm just scared of all insects.

A spider is NOT an insect, a spider is an arachnid. So there's no reason to be afraid of spiders, because they're not insects. :)

popcornbird
05-06-2004, 05:44 PM
A spider is NOT an insect, a spider is an arachnid.

That's what I was going to say! :p I'm more afraid of arachnids than insects. :p

Kelly, you poor thing! That is the LAST thing you want in the car when you're driving! If I were you, I would have parked the car somewhere, hunted for the spider, got it out, and THEN proceeded to drive back home. I wouldn't be able to drive with a spider in the car. :o:o

Kfamr
05-06-2004, 05:50 PM
How scary!!! I would have freaked out.

A spider is NOT an insect, a spider is an arachnid. So there's no reason to be afraid of spiders, because they're not insects. :)

:confused:

in·sect ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nskt)
n.

1b. Any of various similar arthropod animals, such as spiders, centipedes, or ticks. See Regional Note at lightning bug.

CathyBogart
05-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Spiders are not in the class Insecta, they are, in fact arachnids. Insects are defined by their three sets of legs and three body segments, whereas arachnids have two body segments and four sets of legs. A roach is an insect, a spider or scorpion is not.

*Laughs* There's the zoology major in me. ^_^

If you're going by dictionary definitions, an insect is also an insignificant person, but that would be a really wierd thing to be afraid of! :)

Kfamr
05-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Okay.. i'm still confused as to why they have it as part of the definition if they're not insects.

Words have many meanings.

popcornbird
05-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Okay.. i'm still confused as to why they have it as part of the definition if they're not insects.

That's strange because my Biology books in 9th grade clearly said spiders are not clasified as insects, and we've always learned that in science, throughout my school years. I wondered why dictionary.com said that too.

bluekat
05-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Ohh....ok, I always thought a spider was an insect:o :p

But maybe it could be classified as one and it could also not be...lol

Logan
05-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Ohh....ok, I always thought a spider was an insect:o :p

But maybe it could be classified as one and it could also not be...lol

Well, obviously, Bluekat, you don't like insects or arachnids!!!! :p I'm not afraid of spiders, unless you count that desert one that was posted a while back........I would definitely be scared of that one :eek: !!!!

guster girl
05-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm scared of spiders and I freak out if any bugs move too quickly or fly at me or if a grasshopper or cricket hits me. Ugh. And, I'm terrified when I see one in my car. OMG. I've pulled over before and gotten out of my car until a bee flew out. :) And, I was taking a tiny mouse from a trap in my house to a field to release it, and, it got out of the cage on the way! You want to talk about someone flipping out! But, I parked in the middle of the field and he got out about ten minutes later. :)

Laura's Babies
05-07-2004, 08:15 AM
I work with a guy whos wife is a surgical nurse and she says that they see a lot of spider bites and they are horriable and happen a LOT! I was never afraid of spiders until he relayed some of her stories to me about some of the spider bites they have treated at her office. Just get the hint....she is a SURGICAL NURSE and they treat spider bites a LOT!... To bad for a GP to treat so they have to be bad!!! One engineer we had at work, walked around with a can of bug spray all day, looking for spiders, he was scared to death of them... He was almost 7 ft. tall and weighed a good 300 pounds and he would run from them!